PDA

View Full Version : Weird Mouse Behaviour

Jan van Leyden
April 10th, 2015, 19:29
Triggered by the 5e license I have installed the latest version of FG (V 3.02.FREE) on my Windows 7 (64 bit, completely patched) system to check it out.

Now FG's reaction to mouse commands are very weird.

In the starting wnidow I'm greeted with some informative display. When I click on button, any button, I'm treated to a different screen where I can set up/select something. Buth whatever I'm doing on this screen, it returns to the starting screen without any action.

With a lot of tries and restarts I finally managed to select the 4e example campaign and actually start the program. Within FGII the weird behaviour continued: I click on the PC button and see a dialog with two PCs. Whatever click I perform next, wherever in FGII, the dialog with the PCs is closed, and on the next click - again wherever - opened again. After a restart I triedmy luck with the Party Sheet, and now this dialog is surreptitiously closed and opened.

This cannot be the way it's intended, as it makes the program completely unusable.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Zacchaeus
April 10th, 2015, 19:38
The current version of Fantasy Grounds is 3.0.11. Have you d/l the correct version?

Trenloe
April 10th, 2015, 19:45
The current version of Fantasy Grounds is 3.0.11. Have you d/l the correct version?
It's 3.0.12 as of the 5E release. But, you're right, the OP should be on 3.0.12, not 3.0.2 (although that might be a typo).

Jan van Leyden
April 10th, 2015, 19:50
Typo confirmed: it's version 3.0.12

Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Trenloe
April 10th, 2015, 19:55
Can you check if you can get an updated graphics driver?

Also, check in your graphics card advanced settings and turn off anti-aliasing.

Zacchaeus
April 10th, 2015, 20:22
My apologies, I thought 3.0.12 was still test version :)

Jan van Leyden
April 11th, 2015, 00:26
Can you check if you can get an updated graphics driver?

:confused: That did the trick. Apparently the auotmated update mechanism stopped working last week. *blush*

Thanks, Trenloe!

Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Jan van Leyden
April 13th, 2015, 22:49
Oh well, two days later the weird behaviour is back again. The grafics driver is up-to-date, anti-aliasing is switched off and once more only every n-th mouse click is registered correctly. Maybe that my computer is the culprit, but in this condition FG is sadly completely unusable for me.

Any more tips?

Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

damned
April 14th, 2015, 01:19
Did you use from Steam or from here? Unload/disable the Steam overlay when you are using FG.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-5.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Jan van Leyden
April 14th, 2015, 09:03
No, I don't usually have Steam running on my machine.

Well, looks like a re-install of Windows is in order. :cry: But this will have to wait for the weekend.

Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Trenloe
April 14th, 2015, 15:06
In your FG settings window disable "Cross-platform compatibility mode for Linus and Mac" is it's enabled.

Jan van Leyden
April 15th, 2015, 09:28
Thanks Trenloe, but no, it isn't enabled.

As I'm doing this in order to evaluate FG for our use, I'm in no hurry here, so trying to re-install Windows in the weekend will be my next step.

Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Oberoten
April 17th, 2015, 17:43
What graphics board is in the machine you are testing this on?
- Obe

Jan van Leyden
April 17th, 2015, 21:40
It's an Nvidia Geforce 120M. Not the latest and greatest but stilll.

Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Jan van Leyden
April 26th, 2015, 15:51
I finally came around to re-install Windows and bring the machine back to operating conditions with software re-installs, updates, and so on. A first check seems to indicate that the problem is gone.

Huzzah!

---Jan van Leyden

damned
April 27th, 2015, 12:56
Huzzah!
And Trollzah! for any Crusaders out there!