PDA

View Full Version : 5E Bug Reports and Notices of Fixes Rolled Out

Pages : [1] 2 3

ddavison
April 10th, 2015, 15:54
This will be a common thread we can use to report issues and track when fixes are rolled out.

Keep an eye on this list and update your copy when you see a notice posted here. To update, you want to run a full update of the product and then close and re-open the book in your Library | Module activation window. You can also right-click on the picture and make sure there isn't a Revert () option. If there is, you'll want to use that -- otherwise it will use campaign specific overrides you've made instead.

D&D Complete Core Monsters - Data Patch #1 - delivered on 4/12/2015
post with details:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23780-D-amp-D-Complete-Core-Monsters-Data-Patch-1&p=206570#post206570

D&D Complete Core Classes - Data Patch #1 - delivered on 4/12/2015
post with details:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23782-D-amp-D-Complete-Core-Classes-Data-Patch-1&p=206581#post206581

VenomousFiligree
April 10th, 2015, 18:10
I don't appear to get all the inventory boxes on the character sheet.

Zeus
April 10th, 2015, 19:42
I don't appear to get all the inventory boxes on the character sheet.

Venomous - At the bottom of the sheet, click on the brown circular button, this will update the sheet to display the add entry controls for equipment ( a green plus symbol on the Equipment header). When the green plus appears, click it to create a empty inventory entry that you can then manually update. If you have the PHB or PHB PC customisation Pack, you can drag/drop the Equipment from these modules directly to the Equipment section of this sheet to auto-add.

VenomousFiligree
April 10th, 2015, 19:46
Zeus, I'm talking about the encumbrance boxes, I don't appear to have the 'encumbered' and 'heavy' boxes?

VenomousFiligree
April 10th, 2015, 19:49
OK, just realised it's an option!

JohnD
April 10th, 2015, 20:11
All the entries on the Skills tab are blank when opened up - no descriptive text.

All spells add to a character are missing short descriptions. Cleric and Sorcerer/Wizard at least.

Cleric Domains are pretty lacking, but I see that's all that were put in the actual PHB... obvious avenue for future expansion.

ddavison
April 10th, 2015, 20:32
Skill are not really broken out with descriptions for each in 5E either. We discussed whether or not it made sense to pull the little descriptions that are under the ability checks that mention the various skills. Ultimately, we decided to punt on that for now.

Zacchaeus
April 10th, 2015, 20:54
Ah, right I didn't see this. Can someone pull the threads from the House of Healing into here for conformities sake?

Zacchaeus
April 10th, 2015, 20:58
Cleric Domains are pretty lacking, but I see that's all that were put in the actual PHB... obvious avenue for future expansion.

Um, all the domains are there as far as I can see? I count seven. Or do you mean the free PHB rather than the Deluxe PHB just released on FG?

JohnD
April 10th, 2015, 21:04
Um, all the domains are there as far as I can see? I count seven. Or do you mean the free PHB rather than the Deluxe PHB just released on FG?

No, I see that they are "all" there, rather I'm saying that the "all" amount is underwhelming, while acknowledging that everything seems to be there. Some of the domains attributed to specific deities is laughable, but again that's what we have to work with.

Zacchaeus
April 10th, 2015, 22:06
No, I see that they are "all" there, rather I'm saying that the "all" amount is underwhelming, while acknowledging that everything seems to be there. Some of the domains attributed to specific deities is laughable, but again that's what we have to work with.

Ah, ok, sorry. Misunderstood what you meant.

Zeus
April 10th, 2015, 22:19
Zeus, I'm talking about the encumbrance boxes, I don't appear to have the 'encumbered' and 'heavy' boxes?

Yes, its something that was recently introduced to cater for the variant rules in the PHB regarding encumbrance. Glad you found it.

eryndur
April 10th, 2015, 23:42
In the core MM, the Challenge Rating Index sandwiches all the fractional CRs (1/8, 1/4, 1/2) between CRs 19 and 20.

Larac
April 11th, 2015, 02:16
All are in the Basic D&D Set

Error in D&D Basic Set Researcher Background 2nd line Information MS

Another
Parser left #i
In front of the Dwarf Quote under Race.

Another
Skills have no text, when clicked.

FSHSchmo
April 11th, 2015, 03:35
Just noticed that in the Druid page it has l instead of 1 for the hit point die and it seems to be missing some of the text.

There is some spelling issues under Equipment on the druid page.

On the spells part of Druid is listed as Level -1 Spells

VenomousFiligree
April 11th, 2015, 15:04
The red x on the NPC sheet overlays the id bubble, making it difficult to select.

Zacchaeus
April 11th, 2015, 15:48
Link to a post I started elsewhere before I saw this

https://https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23707-Errors-in-5e-content (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23707-Errors-in-5e-content)

hereander
April 12th, 2015, 13:40
LMoP: Part 1: Goblin Arrows:
The first Read-aloud Text is split into two frames with one paragraph in between. That's incorrect, it should be one box only

neologiker
April 12th, 2015, 23:53
A few things I've noticed in the PHB. Sorry, I'm not sure if any of these have been previously reported!

Race - Dark Elf
- Adds Darkvision 60 to Senses; should be Superior Darkvision 120
- Traits
○ Keen Senses: does not add proficiency in Perception

Race - Half-Elf
- Dragging Half-Elf race onto character sheet
○ Log shows Trait 'Ability Score Increase' and does add +2 to CHA, but doesn't add the trait link under Abilities > Traits
○ Log shows Trait 'Size' added, but doesn't add size under Notes > Size

- Half-Elf Traits
○ Ability Score Increase: typo "Choose one other ability score. That score also increases by 1." should say "Choose two other ability scores."

Class - Cleric
- Channel Divinity: Turn Undead should be a draggable action on its own. I was able to drag Channel Divinity itself onto the Abilities tab and it populated with the Turned effect.

Class - Druid
- Dragging Druid class onto character sheet
○ Misses Armor Proficiencies? From the log:
Proficiency 'Tool: Herbalism kit' added to 'Vespa'.
Proficiency 'Weapon: Clubs, daggers. darts. javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears' added to 'Vespa'.
Unknown format for class skill proficiency.
Feature 'Spellcasting' added to 'Vespa'.
Feature 'Druidic' added to 'Vespa'.

- Class Features
○ Hit Points
§ Hit Dice: typo "1d8 per drtid level"
§ Hit Points at 1st Level: typo "8 1 your Constitution modifier"
§ Hit Points at higher levels: typo "1d8 (or 5) + your1d8 or (5) + your"
○ Proficiencies: missing Armor Proficiencies

Class - Monk
- Dragging Monk class onto character sheet
○ Prompted to choose 4 skill proficiencies instead of 2
- Proficiencies
○ Tools: typo "Choose one type of artisan's tools or oneChoose one type of artisan's tools or one"

Class - Wizard
- School of Evocation
○ Missing Evocation Savant feature

Adventuring Gear Table
- Mess kit won't drag onto Character Sheet > Inventory

Background - Sage
- Personality Traits
○ Missing 7 and 8 ("horribly, horribly awkward" and "people are always trying to steal my secrets", respectively)

Class - Rogue
- Roguish Archetype - Thief
○ Missing Second-Story Work feature

Hope this helps!

neologiker

neologiker
April 13th, 2015, 01:35
Is anybody else missing the map "The Sword Coast (DM)" from LMOP? It is not in my list of Images/Maps, but shows up in P0-08 under Story. Clicking it brings up blank window with a grey background. Then when I go to Images/Maps, I see an entry for <<New Image>>, which I'm guessing gets created when I try to open the map from the Story contents.

ddavison
April 13th, 2015, 01:41
I posted an update to the D&D Complete Core module. A link to the details is in the first post.

ddavison
April 13th, 2015, 03:11
I just posted an update to the D&D Complete Core Class module. A link to the details is in the first post.

ShadoWWW
April 13th, 2015, 10:02
Three bugs (still even after the newest patch):

- Spell Crusaders Mantle in cleric's War Domain is not linked to the particular description of the spell. In fact, it is linked to blank description.
- When I click Divine Favor spell in Combat mode, the spell displays always "[EFFECT] DMG: 1d4 radiant (1)" in chat. I assume it should display "[DAMAGE] Divine Favor [TYPE: radiant (1d4='rolled number')] ('rolled namber')"
- Base AC for armor is calculated bigger by 10 compared to actual rules. E.g. Breastplate has base AC 14, but it is calculated as 24 in Total AC in FG, when I set Armor AC 14.

ShadoWWW
April 13th, 2015, 10:13
One more bug: weight of Crosbow Bolts (20), and Sling Bullets (20) should be 1.5 lb., not 0.5 lb.

ShadoWWW
April 13th, 2015, 10:23
In MM Core rules, when you navigate to Library > NPCs > NPCs- Alphabetical Index, Air Elemental, and then go to Other tab in the Air Elemental window, the Air Elemental link to the image of the air elemental doesn't work, and points to blank window.

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2015, 11:49
Three bugs (still even after the newest patch):
- Base AC for armor is calculated bigger by 10 compared to actual rules. E.g. Breastplate has base AC 14, but it is calculated as 24 in Total AC in FG, when I set Armor AC 14.

Not a bug, Shadow. The base AC is always 10 so if you are adding a breastplate then you need to enter (14-10) 4 in the armour box for AC to give you the correct AC of 14. This is working as intended.

ShadoWWW
April 13th, 2015, 12:10
Zacchaeus: Understood, thanks for your reply.

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2015, 14:19
Some more cosmetic errors from the MM (note these are present in the updated version)

In Adult Copper Dragon under Wing attack the text segues into the notes.
In Ancient Copper Dragon the same thing happens
In Ancient Green Dragon the Traits has artefacts from somewhere else
In Archmage under the Damage Resistances have dropped down into traits
In Balor Damage resistances runs into Traits causing corruption.
In Basilisk there's some corruption in the Petrifying Gaze text
In Behir some text at the end of Swallow belongs in Notes
In Beholder Zombie Notes the 'Undead Nature' should be a heading
In Black Pudding there's some corruption in Corrosive Form text and in Pseudopod text
In Bugbear in Traits 'Entangling Plants' belongs somewhere else and the Javelin action runs into Morningstar
In Bugbear Chief under actions Multiattack runs into Morningstar
In Chain Devil the Chain attack is missing a header and some text.
In Chasme slight corruption in the text of the Drone trait.
In Cloaker slight corruption in text of Phantasms action
In ****atrice the Bite action text runs into the description
In Copper Dragon Wyrmling 'Slowing Breath' is corrupted
In Couatl 'Shielded Mind' needs to be broken out in traits

Time to make some coffee :)

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2015, 16:08
Back again

In Death Knight there is slight corruption of the Magic Resistance Trait
In Death Tyrant corrupted text in Negative Energy Cone trait and Eye Ray in Legendary actions should be broken out of options.
In Demilich Damage Immunities runs into Traits. 'Flight' needs to be broken out in Legendary Actions and also in Legendary actions Energy Drain is corrupted
In Drider, Spider Climb should have a heading as should Web Walker in traits
In Dryad 'Fey Charm' needs to be broken out in Actions

Dinner time now :)

ddavison
April 13th, 2015, 17:41
Okay, I have these and a bunch of other catches inspired by those that I'll be posting shortly.

ddavison
April 13th, 2015, 17:53
New version posted.

Fix List:
NPC: Chain Devil MM Added Chain Attack Doug
NPC: Adult Copper Dragon MM Move notes to Description Doug
NPC: Ancient Copper Dragon MM Cleaned up actions Doug
NPC: Mind Flayer MM LF problem on Skills causing issue Doug
NPC: Spy MM LF problem on Skills causing issue Doug
NPC: Ancient Green Dragon MM Cleaned up actions Doug
NPC: Demilich MM LF problem on Damage Immunities Doug
NPC: Ghost MM LF problem on Damage Immunities Doug
NPC: Archmage MM LF problem on Damage Resistances Doug
NPC: Balor MM LF problem on Damage Resistances Doug
NPC: Beholder Zombie MM Notes, set 'Undead Nature' as a heading Doug
NPC: Black Pudding MM Fixed corruption in text from special characters Doug
NPC: Behir MM Moved text under Swallow action to description Doug
NPC: Bugbear Chief MM Morningstar separated from Multiattack action Doug
NPC: Needle Blight MM Fixed Needles action Doug
NPC: Bugbear Chief MM Fixed Javelin action and Surprise Attack Doug
NPC: Chimera MM Fixed Horns action Doug
NPC: Cyclops MM Fixed Greatclub and Rock attack Doug
NPC: Hezrou MM Fixed Bite action Doug
NPC: Nalfeshnee MM Fixed Bite action Doug
NPC: Ancient Red Dragon MM Fixed Bite Action Doug
NPC: Flameskull MM Fixed Magic Resistance and Rejuvenation Doug
NPC: Aboleth MM Fixed Detect Legendary Action Doug
NPC: Chasme MM Collapsed Drone action into 1 paragraph. Fixed Spider Climb Doug
NPC: Cloaker MM Collapsed Phantasm action into 1 paragraph Doug
NPC: ****atrice MM Removed duplicate descriptive text from under actions Doug
NPC: Copper Dragon Wyrmling MM Fixed Slowing Breath action Doug
NPC: Shield Guardian MM Fixed Spell Storing Doug
NPC: Fey MM Fixed actions Doug
NPC: Succubus MM Fixed Draining Kiss Doug
NPC: Incubus MM Fixed Draining Kiss Doug
NPC: Vampire MM Fixed Legendary Actions Doug
NPC: Rug of Smothering MM Fixed False Appearance. Doug
NPC: Beholder MM Fixed Actions: Bite Doug
NPC: Carrion Crawler MM Fixed Spider Climb Doug
NPC: Couatl MM Fixed Shielded Mind Doug
NPC: Ancient Gold Dragon MM Fixed Weakening Breath Doug
NPC: Drider MM Fixed Web Walker action Doug
NPC: Ettercap MM Fixed Web Walker action Doug
NPC: Faerie Dragon MM Fixed Magic Resistance. Doug
NPC: Flumph MM Fixed Prone Deficiency Doug
NPC: Deep Gnome MM Fixed Gnome Cunning action Doug
NPC: Hydra MM Fixed Multiple Heads action Doug
NPC: Mud Mephit MM Fixed False Appearance. Doug
NPC: Hezrou MM Fixed Stentch Doug
NPC: Death Knight MM Fixed Magic Resistance Doug
NPC: Death Tyrant MM Fixed Negative Energy and Eye Ray legendary action Doug
NPC: Dryad MM Fixed Fey Charm Doug

Nylanfs
April 13th, 2015, 18:36
Are you using any type of bug tracker software Doug? We use JIRA at PCGen, but as an open source project we can get it for free.

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2015, 18:58
Hmm, that was good.

In Faerie Dragon Magic Resistance needs to be broken out of Limited Telepathy in traits.
Also in Faerie Dragon (and I'm not sure if this can parse in this way - I suspect maybe not) but in Innate spell-casting it would read better if the spells per colour were on separate lines and also in Euphoria Breath it would scan better if the different action on certain turns were similarly separated.
In Fire elemental minor text corruption at the bottom of Actions
In Flameskull Magic resistance and Rejuvenation needs broken out of Illumination in traits.
In gelatinous Cube there's some corruption in the text for the trait Ooze Cube
In Ghost there's an artefact from another monster in the first part of traits.
In Giant Eagle languages spills into traits.
In Giant Elk languages spills into Traits
In Giant Fire Beetle corruption of the hit dice in 'Hit'
In Giant Owl slight corruption of 'Flyby' text in traits
In Goblin Boss, slight corruption in the text for Nimble Escape.
In Gray Ooze the penalties in 'Corrode Metal' should be -1 and -5 rather than .1 and .5, Also under pseudopod the penalty for armour should be -1 instead of that listed.
In Guardian Naga sight corruption in 'Rejuvenation' and 'Spellcasting' traits
In Hezrou Stench should be broken out of Magic Resistance in traits
In Hobgoblin, slight corruption in text for Martial Advantage in traits
In Hydra 'Multiple Heads' needs broken out of Hold Breath in Traits
In Ice Devil, slight corruption in text for Magic resistance in traits, and also in 'Wall of Ice' in Actions
In Imp Devil's Sight needs to be broken out of Shapechanger in Traits.
In Incubus 'Draining Kiss' needs broken out of Charm in Actions.

Time for a cup of tea

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2015, 19:03
Whoa, you're ahead of me Doug, let me update before I go any further.

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2015, 20:15
These after all recent updates.

In Kraken languages bleeds into traits and 'Tentacle attack or fling' needs broken out from Option in Legendary actions
In Kua-Toa slight corruption in text for 'Net' under actions
In Lemure 'Devil's sight' heading missing in traits
In Mule slight corruption under 'Sure-Footed' in traits
In Nightmare slight corruption in text under 'Hooves' in Actions
In Otyugh, slight corruption of text under Tentacle in actions
In Pegasus, languages bleeds into traits
In Peryton, skills bleeds into traits, many instances of a unwanted space as in 'per yton'
In Pseudodragon languages bleeds into traits
In Rakshasa damage vulnerabilities bleeds into traits and damage immunities is missing some text
In Red Slaad slight corruption in text under multiattack and in Claw in actions (It also doesn't have a token)
In Remorhaz slight corruption in text under Heated Body in Traits (It too doesn't have a token - not sure if I'm just noticing this - possibly not every monster has a token?)
In Roc slight corruption in text under keen sight in traits (and no token - Ok I've gone back and randomly checked and it seems everything has a token up until the letter Q, most everything beginning with 'R' doesn't)
In Sahuagin slight corruption in text for Limited Amphibiousness in traits.
In Salamander Damage resistance text bleeds into traits, corruption of Heated Body and Heated Weapons text in traits
In Sea Hag rogue corruption in Illusory appearance in Actions
In Shield Guardian corruption in text under Spell Storing in traits
In Solar, Blinding Gaze needs to be broken out in Legendary actions
in Sone Giant corruption in text in Sone Camouflage in traits
In Swarm of Bats slight corruption of texte under echolocation in traits

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2015, 21:29
In Yochlol, Web Walker needs to be broken out of Innate Spellcasting in traits
In Yuan Ti Abomination there's some spurious text in the first line of Innate Spellcasting in Traits vis yuan' 2018ti
In Yuan Ti Malison there are several instances of the same spurious text throughout the traits and actions tabs (looks like the hyphen is not being parsed as a hyphen)

That's it! :)

Moon Wizard
April 13th, 2015, 23:49
ShadoWWW,

- When I click Divine Favor spell in Combat mode, the spell displays always "[EFFECT] DMG: 1d4 radiant (1)" in chat. I assume it should display "[DAMAGE] Divine Favor [TYPE: radiant (1d4='rolled number')] ('rolled namber')"

This is working as intended. You apply the effect to yourself, so that weapon damage rolls that you make will deal an extra 1d4 radiant damage.

Regards,
JPG

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 00:24
Sanctuary first level Cleric spell has no slot for the Save one must make to attack.

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 00:36
Basic D&D Rule Pack

As Ranged Attack and Melee Attack for actions are very different from Spell Attack, adding a new option to Actions under attack would be most helpful.

As it is now when I pull over a Ranged Attack spell, it is set as just a Ranged Attack, giving Dex mods not the Spell Attack that uses different mods, Spell Casting Mod + Pro.

From PHB
"Your attack bonus with a spell attack equals your
spellcasting ability modifier + your proficiency bonus.
Most spells that require attack rolls involve ranged
attacks."

Not sure if this is a true Bug, Overlooked Issue, or Feature Request, but would like to see it fixed, rather than have to edit the full list of attack spells.

Thanks

Cheezegr8r
April 14th, 2015, 01:42
Someone said I should post here so it doesn't get missed. doesn't look like the fighter pack got the Maneuvers fix that the core classes pack did.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23795-Battle-Master-seems-to-be-missing-something&p=206776#post206776

Myridden
April 14th, 2015, 02:25
Basic D&D Rule Pack

As Ranged Attack and Melee Attack for actions are very different from Spell Attack, adding a new option to Actions under attack would be most helpful.

As it is now when I pull over a Ranged Attack spell, it is set as just a Ranged Attack, giving Dex mods not the Spell Attack that uses different mods, Spell Casting Mod + Pro.

From PHB
"Your attack bonus with a spell attack equals your
spellcasting ability modifier + your proficiency bonus.
Most spells that require attack rolls involve ranged
attacks."

Not sure if this is a true Bug, Overlooked Issue, or Feature Request, but would like to see it fixed, rather than have to edit the full list of attack spells.

Thanks

That happens because of the way FG parses the action text. You can fix it though - in most cases automatically - just click the hourglass on Cantrip and set your spellcasting ability which should propagate down into all the other spell levels. FG doesn't know which attribute your caster uses unless you set it:

If it's still wrong you can click the hourglass on the spell or even the action and modify what is being used to calculate the mechanical bits. FG does its best, but sometimes still needs help to get all the pieces in play.

Regards,

~M

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 03:53
Thanks for the Info.

Still feel this should be done by the software.

If you drag that class over it should know that Clerics use WIS, Wizards INT, and so on.
They have separate spell lists already.
Maybe throw up a note for Mulitclass Chars.

When we were making our own rule sets, many things were fine, but when you start charging top dollar for them,
there is a much higher expectation. Made worse when it does part of the things right and populates others wrong.

BTW the Video on making a Wizard for 5E, from FG, does NOT show this and has all the wrong values.
Suggest adding that to it.
So players know what to do so the values are correct.

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 04:05
Is there a way on actions to remove parts that the spell does not have.

Like Light that only has a save, or a spell with no save.
Removing the boxes or adding a None entry?

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 04:39
Crits with spells

Was testing some stuff Rolled a Crit with an Attack spell rolled damage but it did not roll the crit, just normal.

Was on tracker dragging attack to target then damage, when Weapon done this way it rolls the crti dice, but not with Rolled 20 on a spell.

Is there another hidden place to turn this on?

JohnD
April 14th, 2015, 04:49
When dragging a Dungeoneer's Pack to a character's inventory, it doesn't add the following items; backpack, 10 days rations, 50' hemp rope.

In addition, you get 1 piton and 1 torch instead of 10 of each.

Noticed this tonight when I was walking a player through character creation.

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2015, 07:50
Larac,

In general, we plan to steadily improve the 5E ruleset integration with the data. However, the 5E ruleset had to be developed independently of the data, as the permission to sell the data packs is very recent. A lot of the 5E ruleset design reflects this, which also gives it more flexibility though some capabilities are not fully supported yet. One of the big things I want to focus on next is making the drag and drop character build more robust. However, we have no current plans to build a full-fledged character builder, as that is a rather large project of its own.

On the spell critical, I tried a test spell with cast (ranged attack/save for half) and damage roll (2d8) from a PC onto a goblin. I cast until I criticaled on the attack roll. The associated saving throw was successful. The subsequent damage roll correctly applied double dice to the damage roll (i.e. 4d8 (which 2d8 identified in green as critical dice) instead of base 2d8) and then applied half damage for the successful save by the goblin. If you are seeing something different, please help walk me through the steps so I can look at addressing.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2015, 10:15
Larac,

On the spell critical, I tried a test spell with cast (ranged attack/save for half) and damage roll (2d8) from a PC onto a goblin. I cast until I criticaled on the attack roll. The associated saving throw was successful. The subsequent damage roll correctly applied double dice to the damage roll (i.e. 4d8 (which 2d8 identified in green as critical dice) instead of base 2d8) and then applied half damage for the successful save by the goblin. If you are seeing something different, please help walk me through the steps so I can look at addressing.

Regards,
JPG

Larac doesn't mention the name of the spell but I do know that if the spell description doesn't specify the damage type then it won't recognize the critical. For example in Chromatic Orb it will only critical if you set up a damage effect with a damage type. Now, I'm dragging this from memory and this might have been 'fixed' (although it's not really something that needs fixed).

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2015, 10:18
Is there a way on actions to remove parts that the spell does not have.

Like Light that only has a save, or a spell with no save.
Removing the boxes or adding a None entry?
Sorry, what are you talking about? The only action I see or light is the cast that forces a save. Make sure that in the character actions tab you have the mode set to 'Combat' and Display to 'Actions'. This will give you the neatest display for combat.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2015, 10:24
Sanctuary first level Cleric spell has no slot for the Save one must make to attack.

You are expecting too much automation from Fantasy Grounds. This is one where you are going to have to create an effect yourself.

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 17:01
I will retest think it was Guiding bolt.

Basic Set not full package.

Will check to see if it has a damage type listed.

But it did not treat it as a Crit.

Guiding Bolt Worked.

Will find it as I did it 3 times before writing the Bug.

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 17:08
You are expecting too much automation from Fantasy Grounds. This is one where you are going to have to create an effect yourself.

Zacc,

I do not mean to be snarky.

Maybe your expecting too little.

With moving to 5e with WOTC, FG is now moving from, user data, to Paid for Data.
So yes I expect it to be better, keep getting better, and if needed change to support what is sold.

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 17:44
Moon Wizard,

I can see what your talking about. Not trying for a Char Builder.

Feel free to ignore any suggestions I write.

When using the FG software, as an old owner but new user, I expect that if FG fills in a area it to be correct, not that I have to find some place to enter Data to make it so.
If it was blank in the data field that would alert me I needed to change something.
Or that there could be an issue.

That leads into my if the Spell or Action does not have that part, which is now shown blank, having None or N/A could be useful, as it says This action does not use it, not you better check to see if this is correct.

My main issue with FG ATM, is, many steps are not consistent.
You can Drag a Weapon for PC or Spell but not an NPC.
I choose a Class and it gets most of that setup, but you have to manually enter your Casting Stat.
(if you miss that step all your Attack rolls are wrong)

These are to me the Polish areas, that separate good software from great.

That is the reason I bring them up, as new eyes on FG. (been 7+years since I used it)

Your old hands at FG are used to having to build it all themselves, now hopefully the 5e stuff will bring in a new host of buyers, but they I think will expect more.
They have not had to learn all the steps to get FG to work, they paid to step past that, to have that ready to go.

I would not waste my time writing all this if I did not want FG to become a great software tool.
As I try to get others to use it, the less, oh now you need to correct this and this, and add this because it was missing.

The easier it is for me, to get these folks playing.

Good Luck, I think that FG has great potential.

Will try to reproduce the Crit, as I did see it happen at least 3 times, once I do will try to list the steps to reproduce.

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 18:26
Moon Wizard

here it is

https://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/MI_Larac/No%20Crit.png (https://s145.photobucket.com/user/MI_Larac/media/No%20Crit.png.html)

Attack was Spell Inflict Wounds 3d10 necrotic

Rolled to Hit, with Adv. to make it faster.
Attacks were made by dragging from Char Sheet Action to Combat Tracker to Orc.
Crit on the Orc

Damage was Dragged from Char Sheet Action to Orc on Combat Tracker

No Crit Damage Dice Added

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2015, 18:35
I don't want to enter into a heated debate with you Larac but I really do think you are expecting too much from the software. The Fantasy Grounds tool is written in such a way as to be as flexible as possible in order that it can cater for a great many different game rulesets. It isn't just there for 5e or even just D&D. As such the coding is done in such a way as to accommodate that.

So when you drag a spell or whatever into the actions tab the program doesn't look at that and say, oh the user has just dragged Guiding Bolt into the actions tab and then go on to fill in a number of boxes depending on what that spell does. If it did then because of the tremendous amount of code that would have to be written to accommodate that, the program would never be finished.
What the code does is recognize that it is a spell and does its best to parse the information in that spell into something that can be used. Because it can't possibly cater for everything not all of the information will necessarily be there and the user will have to intervene and tell the program what it needs to complete the function, such as the caster level. Again FG doesn't relate the spell to any particular class or or level because there are just too many options. Many spells are common to a number of caster classes all of whom use different abilities to cast and all of whom might have magic or other items which enhance or penalize the casting modifier.

This isn't a game where the user is creating a character to play in the game; it is a tool to allow another game to be played over a virtual table top. As such it has to have as wide an audience as possible and cater for as many game types and rules as possible. Whilst some of what you desire is doable (and will likely be implemented in the fullness of time) FG will never completely automate every possible function from every possible ruleset, class, spell, action or whatever. It just isn't feasible.

On the subject of NPC's you seem to have a lot of problems. I'm beginning to realize you likely don't have the Monster Manual which will mean that you will be creating a lot more than if you did. However you can get the free version of the MM into Fantasy Grounds if you check out this post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21835-D-amp-D-Basic-Rules-PDF-Parser

Larac
April 14th, 2015, 18:45
No worries.

Once the Crit Bug is explained I shall not return.

ddavison
April 14th, 2015, 18:45
Someone said I should post here so it doesn't get missed. doesn't look like the fighter pack got the Maneuvers fix that the core classes pack did.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23795-Battle-Master-seems-to-be-missing-something&p=206776#post206776

The Fighters pack and all the individual class packs just got pushed as an update. Please run a Check for Updates and then make sure to Revert () your changes if that option is present on your thumbnail image in the Library.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2015, 18:48
Moon Wizard

here it is

Attack was Spell Inflict Wounds 3d10 necrotic

Rolled to Hit, with Adv. to make it faster.
Attacks were made by dragging from Char Sheet Action to Combat Tracker to Orc.
Crit on the Orc

Damage was Dragged from Char Sheet Action to Orc on Combat Tracker

No Crit Damage Dice Added

And here it also is.

I take it that both the PC and the target were on the Combat tracker? Because if they weren't that is your problem.

ddavison
April 14th, 2015, 19:02
No worries.

Once the Crit Bug is explained I shall not return.

Hello Larac,

Your suggestions and requests are well received. We don't yet know how much of these we will be able to address, but seeing requests for them often serve to help us prioritize future tasks and updates. Not everyone will agree that the same level or method of automation is appropriate, but if you don't ask, it most likely never will come.

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2015, 19:06
Larac,

Please feel free to chime in with suggestions and insights, especially given you used before and stepped back in recently. FG has gone through many, many permutations over the last 10 years. You can even PM or message me directly if you feel that may be a better channel for you.

I take a look at every feature request, bug report and discussion posted on these forums, as I have for years. Doug and I are constantly having discussions about how to balance creating a great product for the users with all the competing priorities (both business and product). With the 5E launch, we are hoping that FG will grow enough to give us the ability to bring in more help and polish.

Often times, I will have to balance UI complexity or awkwardness vs. maximum flexibility vs. automation. So, there's always something to fix or another point of view. If I don't respond immediately or change something in the next patch, you can believe that it's still in my product planning notes. I try to group up similar changes as I focus on each area or game system, so larger and smaller items will get picked up as a group.

I'll take a look at the critical issue, and plan to get something in next patch.

Regards,
JPG

Himajin
April 15th, 2015, 02:41
1.) There seems to be an issue with tokens not behaving properly for characters that you import in 5E.
Characters created in the Manage Characters section do not seem to have the portrait assigned set as the token automatically (this area remains blank when you import a character created under Manage Characters).
Characters created within a campaign, exported, then imported again, still retain the token info, but the token is not updated when the portrait is changed. Is there some way to update the token assigned to a character that I am missing?

2.) The pre-generated characters from the Lost Mine of Phandelver module are incomplete, and contain errors.
- The HP is not assigned
- The AC is not assigned
- Initiative counts the Dex mod twice
- Speeds are double what they should be
- Skill and save proficiencies are not set up

3.) Also, when adding the pre-generated characters, even when I have all the core rules enabled in my Library (DD Basic Rules - DM, DD Basic Rules - Player, DD MM Monster Manual, DD PHB Deluxe, DD Lost Mine of Phandelver), I get the following error:
[ERROR] One of more data records (features, traits, inventory, spells) were unable to be loaded. Please ensure that your Player's Handbook or Basic Rules - Player modules are loaded; and re-add the pregen character.

damned
April 15th, 2015, 11:24
Hi Himajin I can confirm issue #1 - I saw it in a game tonight.
For #3 - are you running the latest build? I think this issue was fixed in the last or second last build?

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-6.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

damned
April 15th, 2015, 11:33
Larac and Zacchaeus you are both right. Its good to set your sights higher. But the logic behind some of these things is maddeningly complicated from a coding point of view. Ive looked at the coding for some of the combat rolls and taking effects into account. F@#$! Our human minds are able to wrap themselves around these things relatively easily. Doing it in code is absolutely possible but its bloody time consuming. And then you see something that makes you want to tweak the way something else works to make it more logical and then you have 400 other lines of code to update.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-6.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2015, 11:37
Larac and Zacchaeus you are both right. Its good to set your sights higher. But the logic behind some of these things is maddeningly complicated from a coding point of view. Ive looked at the coding for some of the combat rolls and taking effects into account. F@#$! Our human minds are able to wrap themselves around these things relatively easily. Doing it in code is absolutely possible but its bloody time consuming. And then you see something that makes you want to tweak the way something else works to make it more logical and then you have 400 other lines of code to update.

That's because computers are dumb - you have to tell them exactly what you want them to do in precise detail, otherwise they get things wrong.

Another reason I'm not too worried about AI - we need to work out what the I is before we can make A out of it :)

Himajin
April 15th, 2015, 15:12
Hi Himajin I can confirm issue #1 - I saw it in a game tonight.
For #3 - are you running the latest build? I think this issue was fixed in the last or second last build?

I checked for updates again, started a new campaign, and can confirm that the issue is still affecting me (see screenshot below)

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2015, 15:47
Another reason I'm not too worried about AI - we need to work out what the I is before we can make A out of it :)

What a clever way of looking at things. You Aussies are quite clever chaps aren't you. Oh, and modest. :)

Trenloe
April 15th, 2015, 18:13
Is there some way to update the token assigned to a character that I am missing?
Drag the PC image from the desktop (once the PC has been activated by the player) onto the token entry in the PC sheet. If the player hasn't activated the character, or you want to assign the token as the GM, drag the image from the Character Selection screen to the token entry on an open character sheet.

You can also assign tokens from the token bag - some people like having a different token to their portrait.

Larac
April 15th, 2015, 23:31
Yes both were on the Tracker.

Attack and DAM was pulled from Actions on the Char to the Orc on the tracker.

Is there a way to increase Crit Range for spells? Would make it easier to reproduce.
See it for Melee, but did not for Spells.

Larac
April 15th, 2015, 23:35
FYI
Basic Rules
Second Wind Fighter Ability
Is Set to Targets not Self
Roll is not Plus Lvl

Not sure anymore if FG can do it without player setting it all, but if if can it would make it correct.

Nylanfs
April 15th, 2015, 23:35
I think you can mouse wheel it up.

Griogre
April 15th, 2015, 23:53
You likely need to hold down Ctrl before you can mouse wheel up (or down).

Himajin
April 16th, 2015, 00:54
Drag the PC image from the desktop (once the PC has been activated by the player) onto the token entry in the PC sheet. If the player hasn't activated the character, or you want to assign the token as the GM, drag the image from the Character Selection screen to the token entry on an open character sheet.

You can also assign tokens from the token bag - some people like having a different token to their portrait.

Thank you for following this up. Dragging the portrait from the Character Selection screen onto the token area of an imported character does seem to be a workaround for the token not updating when the portrait is assigned to these characters. I guess the behavior is different because of who the character is assigned to? That isn't very intuitive to a novice user like me.

I am also unable to drag portraits from the desktop, as the portraits I want to use (from the 5E PHB) seem to be in an encrypted file. This isn't an issue, though, as long as there is a way to set everything up in the program.

heavy3p0
April 16th, 2015, 04:27
There is a typo in the feat titled "Grappler inspiring leader". it should just be grappler.

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2015, 14:08
Yes both were on the Tracker.

Attack and DAM was pulled from Actions on the Char to the Orc on the tracker.

Is there a way to increase Crit Range for spells? Would make it easier to reproduce.
See it for Melee, but did not for Spells.

No, there's nothing in the 5e rules which would call for an increase in critical range (at least none that I've seen)

I can't reproduce this (except if the PC isn't in the Combat Tracker). If I'm reading your posts correctly this isn't happening all the time, just intermittently. Is that the case?

Larac
April 17th, 2015, 03:27
No, there's nothing in the 5e rules which would call for an increase in critical range (at least none that I've seen)

I can't reproduce this (except if the PC isn't in the Combat Tracker). If I'm reading your posts correctly this isn't happening all the time, just intermittently. Is that the case?

Correct only now and then.

VenomousFiligree
April 17th, 2015, 19:07
A player has logged in with a character he has created on his own machine. I have the PHB, however when I click on his race I get the following

Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (DD PHB PC Customisation Pack)

limpinjezus
April 17th, 2015, 21:06
I'm new to Fantasy Grounds (coming from Roll20) and after purchasing the Official D&D 5e Complete Monster, Class and Lost Mine of Phandelver data packs, these are the bugs and oddities I've found so far as of today with the latest updates while creating a Gnome Wizard. Note a lot of this is REQUEST for automation, with real bugs called out with a BUG tag. Some of this may have been previously reported.

⦁ REQUEST - The Character Manager allows you to enable extensions for the desktop decal, but there doesn't seem to be a way to use them like you can in the Campaign mode, as the options menus are not available in Character Manager.

Character creation:

RACE:

⦁ BUG/REQUEST - There is no automated way to remove a Race once it has been added via drag and drop onto the character sheet and any subsequent races that are added via this same method further adjusts the character sheet without removing the previous racial adjustments.
⦁ BUG - Rock Gnome Tinker Trait does not add Artisan's Tools (Tinker's Tools) under PROFICIENCIES on the Abilities tab.
⦁ REQUEST - When selecting a race, you can't drag and drop your subrace, instead, you have to drag and drop the top-level race and then subsequently choose the subrace from a menu of options that does not provide clickable entries for the subrace information. Its not ideal and the ability to drag and drop the subrace seems more intuitive or at least hyperlink the subrace menu options to allow quick access to its information.
⦁ REQUEST - It would be nice if the Artisan's Tools (Tinker's Tools) was added as a Skill with no STAT set so the player could dynamically choose the stat required for a particular scenario.
⦁ REQUEST - It would be nice if Artificer's Lore was added as a skill History (Artificer's Lore) (INT) with double proficiency.

CLASS:

⦁ REQUEST - When using drag and drop to select a class, a menu of skill options are presented to choose from. No explanation is given as to why you are choosing these skills. Something as simple as, choose (x) skills below to be proficient in, with proficient hyperlinked to that definition, would suffice in my opinion. It would be nice to have those menu choices also hyperlinked to their information.
⦁ REQUEST - Chat text does not indicate that the MAX HP was set from class selection.
⦁ REQUEST - Chat text does not indicate that Saving Throw ability proficiencies were set from class selection.
⦁ REQUEST - It would be nice if the wizard SPELLCASTING feature would add a Spellbook to the character Inventory.
⦁ REQUEST - Some Spellbook/Spell auto-calculation would be a great boon. Based on class(es) and level, an enhanced calculated chart on the Actions tab of the Character sheet showing the number of spells by level known (in book), can prepare, and prepared/used would be great! I'm sure sorcerer and warlock classes would need specific features of their own in this regard.
⦁ REQUEST - Arcane Recovery added as an action with a 1 Daily use defined.
⦁ REQUEST - When the Wizard Spellcasting feature is added or the wizard adds levels, a hyperlinked menu should open for adding known spells to the spellbook based on the wizard level.

MISC:

⦁ BUG - Collapsing an Action Group on the Actions tab makes the Group Name disappear when uncollapsing the group.
⦁ BUG - The Explorer's pack does not add a Backpack,a mess kit, rations or 50' hempen rope to the inventory when it adds the other items.
⦁ BUG - Mess Kit will not drag and drop into inventory.
⦁ BUG -Researcher feature - no space between the period of the first sentence and the first word of the second sentence of the description. An extra space after the word university prior to the comma.
⦁ REQUEST/BUG - Max HP does not auto-calculate as Constitution modifier changes.
⦁ REQUEST - Background that grants additional languages should offer a hyperlinked menu of language choices.
⦁ REQUEST - Backgrounds that grant equipment should put that equipment in the Inventory section of the character sheet.
⦁ REQUEST - Backgrounds that grant money should put that equipment in the Inventory section of the character sheet.

JeffKnight
April 17th, 2015, 22:53
Typo: In the Sorcerer's Draconic Origin, Gold Dragon is misspelled "Cold".

damned
April 18th, 2015, 03:48
Welcome limpinjezus!
Keep posting them - the material is very new - and has its share of bugs - but they are patching these pretty quickly once they are reported - so keep em coming!

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/fg-con-6-150-14.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)

Eudaimonia
April 18th, 2015, 19:47
The Dragonborn racial trait "Draconic Ancestry" is misspelled as "Draconk Ancestry." Other instances of the phrase appear correct in the trait text.

neologiker
April 18th, 2015, 19:52
Not sure if this is a bug or request, but are there plans to add data such as weight and cost to the loot parcels in the LMoP module? I also encountered a parcel with leather armor that had no stats!

Moon Wizard
April 19th, 2015, 00:09
limpinjezus,

Thanks for your detailed list. It's very helpful. I've added the majority to my internal tracking list

A few thoughts:
* In general, we are not targeting FG to be a full-blown character manager (which is an entire product in itself, see Hero Lab and PCGen), so we've focused on the additive aspects of dragging and dropping links onto a character sheet to make things somewhat easier. This means that there is no "backing out" choices on a PC, and the automation will get slowly better depending on difficulty of coding.
* We have several other capabilities we want to add outside of character creation automation that will compete for development bandwidth.

Regards,
JPG

dberkompas
April 20th, 2015, 01:40
Charlatan background -> Suggested Characteristics
'characters w ho conceal' -> remove space between w ho

Arion
April 20th, 2015, 09:47
I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the Explorer pack Equipment item only seems to add Bedroll, Tinderbox, 10x Torches and Waterskin. It does not add Backpack, Mess Kit, 10x Rations or 50' of rope.

Also, as a suggestion, would it be possible to replicate the Initiative field on the Actions tab? It is a bit annoying in combat to go to the main page, roll initiative, then return to the actions tab to roll attack/spell. I know that skills and tests would still be on other tabs, but many combat rounds are "Roll Initiative", "Roll Attack", "Roll Damage"

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2015, 13:55
Also, as a suggestion, would it be possible to replicate the Initiative field on the Actions tab? It is a bit annoying in combat to go to the main page, roll initiative, then return to the actions tab to roll attack/spell. I know that skills and tests would still be on other tabs, but many combat rounds are "Roll Initiative", "Roll Attack", "Roll Damage"

It is possible for the DM to roll all of the PC initiatives from his menu on the combat tracker. Also, as a player, if you look at your character in the combat tracker and click on the 'Offense' button you will see that you can roll your initiative from there too.

limpinjezus
April 20th, 2015, 14:47
Drag and drop of the DMG in the Bugbear Surprise Attack entry in both the Complete Monster Pack and the Lost Mine of Phandelver pack adds an effect to the target instead of rolling the DMG dice and does not wound the target. It appears the way it is written that the base mod is parsing it as an effect rather than a roll when it is dropped on the target?

dberkompas
April 20th, 2015, 15:57
You roll initiative every round instead of for each combat. Yikes, seems like it would be a huge waste of time, but if that's what the players want...

BoomerET

Arion
April 20th, 2015, 16:16
You roll initiative every round instead of for each combat. Yikes, seems like it would be a huge waste of time, but if that's what the players want...

BoomerET

It takes very little time actually with automation, and makes it harder for players to plan extravagant moves!

I just found the combat tracker way, and that would be easier!

hyphz
April 20th, 2015, 18:46
The click-and-drag system for classes doesn't work for multiclassing at all - it gives you all the benefits of each class rather than using the multiclassing rules.

I know the claim that "FG isn't a character generator" but if you aren't going to support multiclassing properly, it would be easier to support only a single scripted class per character and give a warning if a second one was added saying that this must be done manually.

(Plus, of course, we kind of need FG to be a character generator because Hero Lab etc., or even just players, can't make one due to aggressive licensing.)

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2015, 21:14
Drag and drop of the DMG in the Bugbear Surprise Attack entry in both the Complete Monster Pack and the Lost Mine of Phandelver pack adds an effect to the target instead of rolling the DMG dice and does not wound the target. It appears the way it is written that the base mod is parsing it as an effect rather than a roll when it is dropped on the target?

You need to drag the surprise attack damage onto the Bugbear. When the damage is rolled then the additional surprise attack dice will be added in. Now, I don't know if that is intended, but actually it works better because the extra damage will correctly use the damage type of whatever weapon that the bugbear uses (otherwise the damage would be untyped possibly giving a false reading if the PC had some resistance to certain damage types). Additionally the extra damage will also be rolled correctly if the Bugbear scores a critical.

limpinjezus
April 20th, 2015, 21:16
You need to drag the surprise attack damage onto the Bugbear. When the damage is rolled then the additional surprise attack dice will be added in. Now, I don't know if that is intended, but actually it works better because the extra damage will correctly use the damage type of whatever weapon that the bugbear uses (otherwise the damage would be untyped possibly giving a false reading if the PC had some resistance to certain damage types). Additionally the extra damage will also be rolled correctly if the Bugbear scores a critical.

Ah that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification.

lbealsjr
April 20th, 2015, 22:18
If you try to expend a hit dice during a rest or if you attempt to do a "Second Wind"you get the following error...I didn't start to see this until either the last update or until I loaded the Basic rule set. Guessing it is isolated to doing self healing.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1130: attempt to compare number with nil

After some suggestions from Moon Wizard isolated this to the HP under zero extension.

limpinjezus
April 21st, 2015, 02:15
With the DD Lost Mine of Phandelver and the DD PHB Deluxe modules loaded. Adding a Lost Mine Pregenerated Character to a 5e campaign yields the following error:

[ERROR] One or more data records (features, traits, inventory, spells) were unable to be loaded. Please ensure that your Player's Handbook or Basic Rules - Player modules are loaded; and re-add the pregen character.

Looking over the character sheet, the only glaring omissions are the Save proficiencies are not set and MAX HP is set to 0.

rballard
April 22nd, 2015, 06:31
Looking over the character sheet, the only glaring omissions are the Save proficiencies are not set and MAX HP is set to 0.

In addition, the pregen characters have no hit dice. I haven't been able to figure out how to give them one.

I also don't see a way to keep track of how many hit dice have been used.

ShadoWWW
April 22nd, 2015, 09:25
DD PHB Deluxe module: Some desciptions of items in Adventuring Gear table are missing. Descriptions of alchemist's fire, acid, antitoxin, ball bearings, caltrops, chain, holly water, oil, "poison, basic", quiver, rations, both of ropes (missing information about hp and bursting with Strength check),

Component pouch is missing in the table entirely.

ddavison
April 23rd, 2015, 19:34
We just pushed an update to the Cleric Class Pack. Please run a Check for Updates to pull down a new version. Inside your campaign, go to Library | Modules and close and then re-open the Cleric pack. Once re-opened, right-click on your the product thumbnail in your module activation and select the Revert () option if it is present. Your domain spell links should now open windows detailing what those spells do.

JeffKnight
April 24th, 2015, 16:57
Mess Kit in the Adventuring Gear is not working with drag and drop.

sturtus
April 24th, 2015, 19:35
Goblin entry in official MM has its traits split up.

JMOxx75
April 25th, 2015, 02:00
The Zombie entry in the DD Basic Rules - DM module it has Poison Breath as a trait?

Nylanfs
April 25th, 2015, 04:15
I would count rotting innards as Poison Breath, unless you're the hot zombie from iZombie. :)

Doc_Jones
April 25th, 2015, 04:36
Constructing a character using a free version inside a campaign hosted by an ultimate license holder. Went to drag and drop the explorers pack from the PHB Deluxe module off the adventuring gear table, but only about half of the equipment actually loads. Bedroll, Tinderbox, Torch x10, and Waterskin all load. Missing were Backpack, bedroll, messkit, 10 days rations, and 50' of hempen rope. Not sure if this is a known bug or possibly something on my end. I just purchased my ultimate license with the PHB deluxe today. Super excited about running some campaigns with it.

JohnD
April 25th, 2015, 05:19
Skill are not really broken out with descriptions for each in 5E either. We discussed whether or not it made sense to pull the little descriptions that are under the ability checks that mention the various skills. Ultimately, we decided to punt on that for now.

Skill descriptions are in the PHB pages 171- 179. The descriptions themselves are short, admittedly, but personally I think even that would be better than a blank window, especially in the paid product.

JohnD
April 25th, 2015, 05:21
Constructing a character using a free version inside a campaign hosted by an ultimate license holder. Went to drag and drop the explorers pack from the PHB Deluxe module off the adventuring gear table, but only about half of the equipment actually loads. Bedroll, Tinderbox, Torch x10, and Waterskin all load. Missing were Backpack, bedroll, messkit, 10 days rations, and 50' of hempen rope. Not sure if this is a known bug or possibly something on my end. I just purchased my ultimate license with the PHB deluxe today. Super excited about running some campaigns with it.

That's been reported before so it isn't just you. I think most of those packs are missing some stuff that isn't automatically populated in the character inventory.

Zeus
April 25th, 2015, 15:02
That's been reported before so it isn't just you. I think most of those packs are missing some stuff that isn't automatically populated in the character inventory.

I've addressed this and queued it for the next update.

Doc_Jones
April 25th, 2015, 16:49
Thanks Zeus, I'm new around here but in my digging through the forums I can see you do a lot of work making this thing awesome. It is very much appreciated.

arcath
April 25th, 2015, 19:52
I am using the the new 5E modules and I noticed a bug.

Making a 1st lvl monk, unarmored defense is supposed to count the wisdom and dex modifiers to AC if using no armor.

It isn't applying the wisdom bonus as seen here. - https://i.imgur.com/LAq7eOe.png

ddavison
April 25th, 2015, 21:44
I am using the the new 5E modules and I noticed a bug.

Making a 1st lvl monk, unarmored defense is supposed to count the wisdom and dex modifiers to AC if using no armor.

It isn't applying the wisdom bonus as seen here. - https://i.imgur.com/LAq7eOe.png

arcath, click on the magnifying glass next to your AC on the main tab of your character sheet. From there you can have it add the wisdom and dex modifiers to your armor class.

arcath
April 25th, 2015, 22:18
arcath, click on the magnifying glass next to your AC on the main tab of your character sheet. From there you can have it add the wisdom and dex modifiers to your armor class.

Thanks much!

neologiker
April 26th, 2015, 05:52
I noticed updates for LMoP and the PHB downloaded. Any notes on fixes/improvements? Don't see anything in this thread!

Thanks!

VenomousFiligree
April 26th, 2015, 08:41
I noticed updates for LMoP and the PHB downloaded. Any notes on fixes/improvements? Don't see anything in this thread!

Thanks!

Me too, interested to hear as well.

itsdvw
April 26th, 2015, 08:47
Didn't see this reported but I only did a skim through the thread so sorry if it's a repost. A few errors with the equipment section:
- Incorrect weights given for several ammunition
- Blowgun needles missing from ammunition
- Listing for an "Adventurer's Kit" which doesn't appear in the PHB or basic rules
- Missing description in several entries (particularly entries that have parentheses in the name)
- Blowgun is incorrectly listed as 'special' and has wrong range values
- Some martial ranged weapons are listed as 'missile' while others use the correct PHB/basic rules term 'ammunition'
- Net has wrong range values
- Sled should probably be listed under drawn vehicles and not tack+harness
Hope this helps. Looks pretty good so far! Nice work.

Grimoire23
April 27th, 2015, 17:18
I didn't see this in the thread, so I may be doing something wrong during character creation, or this may not be supported for PCs. In any case, when I open the offense entry in the Combat Tracker, it only shows blank entries in Actions and Reactions. If I try dragging and dropping an action from the PCs action tab, but nothing happened. The only way I can attack as a PC right now is to use the Character sheet. NPCs and Monsters show up with all their actions in the offense entry

Larac
April 27th, 2015, 17:51
Just had this happen as well, Have not figured out what caused it yet.

Was working before though.

Lee

Grimoire23
April 27th, 2015, 17:57
At least I know I'm not any crazier than usual :) I hadn't see any mention in the thread, and figured that someone would have spoken up by now if it was widespread.

Larac
April 27th, 2015, 19:20
I thought I broke it some how myself.

:)

Trenloe
April 27th, 2015, 19:33
I didn't see this in the thread, so I may be doing something wrong during character creation, or this may not be supported for PCs. In any case, when I open the offense entry in the Combat Tracker, it only shows blank entries in Actions and Reactions. If I try dragging and dropping an action from the PCs action tab, but nothing happened. The only way I can attack as a PC right now is to use the Character sheet. NPCs and Monsters show up with all their actions in the offense entry.
This is working as designed - only NPC actions/attacks will appear in the combat tracker. Players don't see any of this in the combat tracker, so they always have to make rolls from their character sheet. The same is true if the GM wants to make PC rolls, they have to open the character sheet to make the rolls.

Grimoire23
April 27th, 2015, 20:00
Ok, if that's the design i can work with it. On a future update, it would be nice to add that functionality. But as you said earlier regarding another subject, that's probably going to require hundreds of lines of code modified, so I'm not holding my breath.

ddavison
April 27th, 2015, 21:49
I just rolled out an update to the D&D Basic Rules - Player and DM modules, as well as to the Lost Mine of Phandelver. This fixes a few issues with equipment and errors on pre-gen characters for the Lost Mine of Phandelver.

Zeus
April 28th, 2015, 08:39
We've just finished up a batch of data updates for 5E, these should be rolling out over the course of the next few days. LMoP pregens should now be working again as should equipment items including equipment packs (with subitems) from PHB Deluxe/PHB PC Customization or Basic Rules - Player modules. Erroneous class features and abilities have been corrected and we've fixed Cleric Divine Domain Spells and Druid Circle Spell lists too. I've made some changes to the back end tooling used to produce the modules so as to make it a little easier for us to maintain synchronised content between Basic Rules, PHB Deluxe and the various PHB class packs but please continue to feedback any issues.

Finally, a quick tease on upcoming new 5E functionality we've been working on thats in internal testing - something I believe a lot of you have been asking for :) ...

NPC Spells

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7678/17110228088_58608bdb1e_c.jpg

sturtus
April 28th, 2015, 14:59
That is a BEAUTIFUL thing.

jshauber
April 28th, 2015, 15:30
Spells!!!! ON THE COMBAT TRACKER!!!!! Zeus you really are a GOD!!!!

And now to bring you back to earth...Are they going to be tracked, as in when cast they go away or use up a slot?

Nylanfs
April 28th, 2015, 19:12
I was under the impression that NPC's had infinite spell slots, at least that's how my PC's always seem to feel. :p

Larac
April 28th, 2015, 20:14
MANY Thanks!
Can we do effects as well?

Or make a Spell that is like Save vs. CON Fail Stunned
That way the effect can be dragged from "Spell" to target, saving time and windows being opened?

JeffKnight
April 29th, 2015, 00:48
The library links for subraces no longer works after today's update.

cmwatford
April 29th, 2015, 08:08
A few spots on the wild magic surge table are garbled. Looks like a sentence got chopped up and spliced into few other text boxes.

The mess kit refuses to be added to a player's inventory.

Edit: I'm using the PHB Deluxe.

Zeus
April 29th, 2015, 14:43
Spells!!!! ON THE COMBAT TRACKER!!!!! Zeus you really are a GOD!!!!

And now to bring you back to earth...Are they going to be tracked, as in when cast they go away or use up a slot?

Spell attack, damage, saves and effects will be parsed. Not sure about slot tracking functionality for spells granted through Spellcasting trait as moon is working on the ruleset and its still work in progress. Innate spell casting grants spells which are available either At will or n/day.

Zeus
April 29th, 2015, 14:45
I was under the impression that NPC's had infinite spell slots, at least that's how my PC's always seem to feel. :p

NPC Spells granted by the Innate Spellcasting trait are available to the NPC at At will or n/day.
NPC Spells granted by the Spellcasting trait are available to the NPC based upon a number of spell level slots, defined in the trait.

Zeus
April 29th, 2015, 14:46
The library links for subraces no longer works after today's update.

I updated the linking functionality and introduced this bug in the last update. I've fixed this and queued for the next update. Thanks for spotting.

Zeus
April 29th, 2015, 14:47
A few spots on the wild magic surge table are garbled. Looks like a sentence got chopped up and spliced into few other text boxes.

The mess kit refuses to be added to a player's inventory.

Edit: I'm using the PHB Deluxe.

Thanks for spotting. I've corrected the line breaks and corrected the errors. I've queued the fixes for the next update.

limpinjezus
April 29th, 2015, 15:15
After the updates through 4/28/15, I'm going through the Gnome Wizard creation process again. These are the BUGS I'm encountering now. Some of this has been mentioned already in previous posts.

RACE:
⦁ BUG - All Gnome subraces have empty text in their descriptions when clicked. {addressed}
⦁ BUG - Drag & drop a Gnome sub-race to the character sheet yields empty text in the Race field with a link to an empty Race text window. No log of action appears in Chat text. Drag & drop the Gnome parent Race, works as intended; providing a sub-menu of sub-races to select and filling the character sheet and chat log with the Gnome racial features. Uncertain if drag & drop of sub-races is an intended feature.
⦁ BUG- Tinker Trait gives proficiency in Artisan's Tools (Tinker Tools). This proficiency is not added to the sheet. Uncertain if this is working as intended.
⦁ BUG - Drag & drop multiple Personality Traits to the character sheet overwrites the previous trait.
⦁ BUG - Mess Kit from the DD PHB Deluxe module will not drag & drop to the character sheet inventory. Mess Kit from the DD Basic Rules - Player works as intended. {addressed}

Miscellaneous Notes:

Race:
⦁ Racial features may require manual entry of granted tool and skill proficiencies.

Class:
⦁ Adding multiple classes to the sheet leaves previously added class features on the character sheet, requiring manual deletion of those entries as needed. This is as intended for now.
⦁ Wizard # of spell slots, # of spells able to prepare and spells known are not auto-calculated on the Actions tab.
⦁ All Spells with saving throws are added to the character sheet with a DC Base set as Group DC, this should be changed to 8 + Ability and the Stat set to the appropriate class casting Ability, i.e. INT for Wizard.

Ability Scores:
⦁ MAX HP is not auto-calculated. This makes sense during game play as certain effects and attacks will increase or decrease the MAX HP value.

Background:
⦁ Inventory granted by backgrounds is not auto-populated in the character sheet.

Aesthetics:
⦁ Gnome racial entry: First sentence paragraph break after 'SKIN' seems odd.
⦁ Wizard Class, Creating a Wizard sub-section, 4th sentence has a paragraph break in the middle of the sentence.

Talen
April 29th, 2015, 15:44
Spell attack, damage, saves and effects will be parsed. Not sure about slot tracking functionality for spells granted through Spellcasting trait as moon is working on the ruleset and its still work in progress. Innate spell casting grants spells which are available either At will or n/day.

Will we be able to use the existing parser to spit out npcs in this new format? Looking forward to the licensed modules without having to rely on the parser, but it's still very useful for the adventurers league modules which are not currently available as official fg mods.

Arion
April 29th, 2015, 22:01
Background:
⦁ Inventory granted by backgrounds is not auto-populated in the character sheet.

For Urchin it is, but the items appear in the Skills tab!

cmwatford
April 30th, 2015, 03:16
It doesn't look like ritual spells are tagged as such. Using PHB Deluxe

itsdvw
April 30th, 2015, 07:53
A few notes:

⦁ BUG - Drag & drop a Gnome sub-race to the character sheet yields empty text in the Race field with a link to an empty Race text window. No log of action appears in Chat text. Drag & drop the Gnome parent Race, works as intended; providing a sub-menu of sub-races to select and filling the character sheet and chat log with the Gnome racial features. Uncertain if drag & drop of sub-races is an intended feature.

Reasonable sure this is not intended as a feature (I can't speak for the devs though so take my word as you will). Any race that has subraces brings up the menu of subraces to select from when you add it. AFAIK directly adding subraces is not a planned feature.

⦁ Adding multiple classes to the sheet leaves previously added class features on the character sheet, requiring manual deletion of those entries as needed. This is as intended for now.
⦁ Wizard # of spell slots, # of spells able to prepare and spells known are not auto-calculated on the Actions tab.

Adding multiple classes retains previous features because you're not replacing your previous class, you're adding levels of a new class (and all the class features at your new level of that class). Changing this would mess with multiclassing, I believe this is working as intended. I'm guessing that multiclassing (and the different ways that spellcasting works between classes) is one of the reasons spell slots and # of preparable spells aren't auto-calculated as well - the rules are rather complicated and not universal across classes.

⦁ All Spells with saving throws are added to the character sheet with a DC Base set as Group DC, this should be changed to 8 + Ability and the Stat set to the appropriate class casting Ability, i.e. INT for Wizard.

Group DC is the right setting for spells by default. Click the magnifying glass next to the Spells header to set the ability score the group uses. No need to change the ability for every spell.

Ability Scores:
⦁ MAX HP is not auto-calculated. This makes sense during game play as certain effects and attacks will increase or decrease the MAX HP value.

FG automatically adds to my max HP whenever I add a class level to my character. Not sure what's going on differently there for you.

limpinjezus
April 30th, 2015, 14:37
Adding multiple classes retains previous features because you're not replacing your previous class, you're adding levels of a new class (and all the class features at your new level of that class). Changing this would mess with multiclassing, I believe this is working as intended. I'm guessing that multiclassing (and the different ways that spellcasting works between classes) is one of the reasons spell slots and # of preparable spells aren't auto-calculated as well - the rules are rather complicated and not universal across classes.

Agreed on the multi-class statement, and I'm just noting it for clarity really. From a character creation stand point, it may be confusing as it is NOT a character builder and multi-classing is not a simple matter of adding another class and taking all it's benefits. In that vein, spell casting auto-calculation for all classes, including multi-classed characters would be a great thing and not beyond possible. Roll20 D&D5e character sheets have this functionality for example.

Group DC is the right setting for spells by default. Click the magnifying glass next to the Spells header to set the ability score the group uses. No need to change the ability for every spell.

Thanks for the clarification on this. I'm still in the weeds as it were.

FG automatically adds to my max HP whenever I add a class level to my character. Not sure what's going on differently there for you.

The specific issue is it doesn't add your CON mod to your HP. That aside, if you use the magnifying lense on your Class & Level and adjust your level up, it doesn't add any HP. If you drag & drop the class onto the Class & Level it adds the MAX HP based on the class HD and again, no CON mod. In all cases, if it is going to add anything, I'd assume there would be a DM option to roll, take the median, or take the MAX and then add the CON mod, or never add anything and leave it to the player/DM.

Perhaps it is just my misunderstanding or overlooking a feature, but I'm trying for consistency in how the product behaves or learn what I'm doing wrong :)

ChimpMasaki
April 30th, 2015, 19:35
Lost Mine of Phandelver

- The Human (Noble) seems to be missing his Personal Goal.
All the other pre-gen characters have their personal goals written into their background. However the Human (Noble) seems to link to the generic Noble Background from the Players Handbook and is missing his personal background and goal.
-Human (Noble) has a Charisma of 13. It should be 14 (based on the physical version).
-Dwarf (Soldier) is missing the Dwarven Toughness Trait.
-Lightfoot (Criminal) should have double proficiency on Stealth(Dex) due to Expertise.
-Human (Folk Hero) should be proficient in Constitution Saving throws.

majik99
May 2nd, 2015, 08:40
just a few discrepancies i noticed between the module and the hard copy.

Module
1) half-elf ability scores "charisma +2. chose one other ability score. that score also increases by 1"
2) blow gun : weight = 2lb, range = 30/90
3) crossbow, heavy : weight 10lb
4) crossbow bolts(20) : weight .5lb
5) sling bullets(20) : weight .5lb
6) climber's kit : weight 5lb
7) healers kit : weight 1lb
8) potion of healing : weight 1lb

Hard copy
1)half elf ability scores "charisma +2, and two other ability scores of your choice increase by 1"
2) blow gun : weight = 1lb, range = 25/100
3) crossbow, heavy : weight = 18lb
4) crossbow bolts(20) : weight 1.5lb
5) sling bullets(20) : weight 1.5lb
6) climber's kit : weight 12lb
7) healers kit : weight 3lb
8) potion of healing : weight .5lb

Zeus
May 3rd, 2015, 11:52
Lost Mine of Phandelver

- The Human (Noble) seems to be missing his Personal Goal.
All the other pre-gen characters have their personal goals written into their background. However the Human (Noble) seems to link to the generic Noble Background from the Players Handbook and is missing his personal background and goal.
-Human (Noble) has a Charisma of 13. It should be 14 (based on the physical version).
-Dwarf (Soldier) is missing the Dwarven Toughness Trait.
-Lightfoot (Criminal) should have double proficiency on Stealth(Dex) due to Expertise.
-Human (Folk Hero) should be proficient in Constitution Saving throws.

Thank you for reporting. I've updated the LMoP module, the new version will get pushed to test/release shortly.

just a few discrepancies i noticed between the module and the hard copy.

Module
1) half-elf ability scores "charisma +2. chose one other ability score. that score also increases by 1"
2) blow gun : weight = 2lb, range = 30/90
3) crossbow, heavy : weight 10lb
4) crossbow bolts(20) : weight .5lb
5) sling bullets(20) : weight .5lb
6) climber's kit : weight 5lb
7) healers kit : weight 1lb
8) potion of healing : weight 1lb

Hard copy
1)half elf ability scores "charisma +2, and two other ability scores of your choice increase by 1"
2) blow gun : weight = 1lb, range = 25/100
3) crossbow, heavy : weight = 18lb
4) crossbow bolts(20) : weight 1.5lb
5) sling bullets(20) : weight 1.5lb
6) climber's kit : weight 12lb
7) healers kit : weight 3lb
8) potion of healing : weight .5lb

Thanks for reporting. I've pushed fixes for the PHB deluxe, PHB PC Customization Pack and Basic Rules - Player modules to test/release, they should become available shortly.

BlueDrake
May 3rd, 2015, 16:33
Couple of minor things:

PHB: The Arcane Trickster Spellcasting Table seems to be missing. There are references to it, but I can't find the actual table anywhere.

MM: The Yuani-ti Malison entry needs to be fixed. There are some typos in it, and it should probably be split into 3 entries one for each type of Malison since they each have different actions.

MM: The Plesiosaurus token is the generic dinosaur token, but there is in fact an image for the Plesiosaurus on page 80 of the MM. This image is also missing from the images.

Zeus
May 3rd, 2015, 20:17
Couple of minor things:

PHB: The Arcane Trickster Spellcasting Table seems to be missing. There are references to it, but I can't find the actual table anywhere.

MM: The Yuani-ti Malison entry needs to be fixed. There are some typos in it, and it should probably be split into 3 entries one for each type of Malison since they each have different actions.

MM: The Plesiosaurus token is the generic dinosaur token, but there is in fact an image for the Plesiosaurus on page 80 of the MM. This image is also missing from the images.

Thanks for reporting. I've pushed fixes and updates to the PHB and MM modules, these will be pushed out shortly. The only exception is the request to break out the Yuan-ti Malison into three separate npc entries. After reviewing I have opted to leave it as a single entry for the time being as the actions are labelled by type so it should be clear to the DM which actions can be used.

ShadoWWW
May 3rd, 2015, 20:31
PHB:
Component pouch is still missing in Adventuring Gear table, including its description.

Zeus
May 4th, 2015, 09:08
PHB:
Component pouch is still missing in Adventuring Gear table, including its description.

Thanks for spotting and reporting. I've corrected in the PHB Deluxe, PHB Customization Pack and basic Rules - Player modules. Hopefully the new update will get pushed shortly.

Larac
May 4th, 2015, 19:17
I seem to have lost my Dice Tower.

Tried another Campaign, no dice.

Turned it off closed back on still nothing.
Any Ideas what I did?

One Campaign had the Language EXT, the other had none.

Anyone else missing it?

Trenloe
May 4th, 2015, 21:29
I seem to have lost my Dice Tower.
Have you logged in a player and checked the dice tower there? DMs don't see the dice tower - no need to hide their own rolls from themselves!

Zeus
May 4th, 2015, 21:34
Have you logged in a player and checked the dice tower there? DMs don't see the dice tower - no need to hide their own rolls from themselves!

I see the Dice Tower (even as DM); you need to ensure both the dice tower and GM dice rolls are set to enabled/On in the campaign game options.

Trenloe
May 4th, 2015, 21:38
Ah right - the "Show GM Rolls" option enables/disables the tower on the GM side (if the tower is enabled to start off with). Kinda makes sense... kinda. ;)

Larac
May 5th, 2015, 04:13
Thank you I thought it was there, but could not find it. Thought I was going nuts.
Does not mean I am not going nuts, just less proof now.

It was the show rolls that made mine poof.

Like to let my players see that I am rolling is all.

Zeus
May 5th, 2015, 08:26
Ah right - the "Show GM Rolls" option enables/disables the tower on the GM side (if the tower is enabled to start off with). Kinda makes sense... kinda. ;)

Yeah the Show GM Rolls On caught me out at first but when you think about it, the current setup does make sense. The Dice Tower will be hidden if Show GM Rolls is Off as all GM rolls will be hidden by default, therefore no need for the dice tower.

Loucifer
May 5th, 2015, 17:01
D&D Complete Core Monster Pack - In the Images and Maps section, someone left the thumbs.db file in there.

Complete Core Class Pack -

Dragonborn race description - First line is all capitalized but second line continues the paragraph italicized.
Dragonborn race description - section "Proud Dragon Kin" Second sentence - The firsr dragonborn ...
Dragonborn race description - section "Self-Sufficient Clans" Second sentence - "Dragonborn owe their devoption and respect ...
Dragonborn race description - section "Self-Sufficient Clans" third sentence - "Each fragonborn's conduct ...
Dragonborn race description - section "Self-Sufficient Clans" Third paragraph, last sentence - "aid from other races-or even from ...
Dragonborn race description - section "Dragonborn Names" Missing a space between first and second sentences.
Dragonborn race description - section "Dragonborn Traits" Link to "Draconic Ancestry" is misspelled. Title of window that pops up is also misspelled.
Dragonborn race description - section "Dragonborn Traits" Withint the link for languages, "You can speak, read, and write Common and Draonnic.

Would a screenshot with the errors circled be quicker or easier?

ChimpMasaki
May 5th, 2015, 20:23
P2-05 of Lost Mine of Phandelver.

Lanar the Miner, one of the rumor givers refers to "Ore raiders" these should be "Orc Raiders".

itsdvw
May 5th, 2015, 20:52
Lost Mine of Phandelver:
P0-11 under "Limited Usage" header, #bis; appears before X/Day.
P1-04.03 chat frame text only describes two wolves while encounter and encounter text includes three
Edit: I see the text only describes two wolves in the original as well. Guess this mistake's on WotC :p

Nylanfs
May 6th, 2015, 00:38

Lanar the Miner, one of the rumor givers refers to "Ore raiders" these should be "Orc Raiders".

Wouldn't miners be worried about Ore Raiders also? :)

Mavrik6666
May 6th, 2015, 16:18
Just noticed all of the domain and circle spells for Clerics and Druids appear in the Core Spell list... can this all be reversed back to the way it should be

Thanks

ChimpMasaki
May 6th, 2015, 18:32
Wouldn't miners be worried about Ore Raiders also? :)

Not at all - it is easy to outrun a raiding ore. :p

Nylanfs
May 6th, 2015, 19:13
I bet Shale (https://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Shale) would disagree with you

ChimpMasaki
May 6th, 2015, 21:43
True :)

On topic:

LMoP - P2-05 Alderleaf Farm, first sentence
The farm is said to be run by a wise female "baffling" and not a "halfling".

If you open the "Reidoth the Druid" quest on the same page you will find "Neverw inter Wood" instead of "Neverwinter Wood".
On that same quest page the link at the bottom to "Ruins of Thundertree" is broken.

Same issue occurs for "The Banshee's Bargain" quest - the link to "Conyberry and Agatha's Lair" is broken.
On further checking this issue is consistent across all the quests in Part 2 of the adventure that are in the Encounter format.

P2-06 Redbrand Ruffians under Developments 2nd paragraph.
Says "Lithe characters kill the ruffians" instead of "If the characters kill the ruffians".

Not a bug, per se, but it is a bit annoying that I can't drag the maps from the module into my campaign. This means that every-time I open my campaign in Fantasy Grounds all the custom pins I place on the maps have their links broken.

JohnD
May 6th, 2015, 22:32

On topic:

What's the issue? Most females I know are baffling.

Larac
May 6th, 2015, 23:24
The BBC Earth had a line we quote often,
"The female *** is a mysterious creature"

Sounds great from Sir Attenburrogh (Mangled that last name)

Hopefully Smite Works, knows gets the text from WOTC so these do not happen any more.

daikamar
May 8th, 2015, 00:15
Is anyone else having problems with DD PHB Deluxe not displaying or applying subrace information? If I open it in the library, click on Races, scroll to the bottom and click on Subrace, I can see the list of available subraces, but if I click on one, the pop-up window is empty. Plus when I create a character and drag the main race to the sheet and then check the desired subrace, the ability score adjustments and other traits are not applied.

Edit: I also noticed that I see "Dark Gnome" listed as a subrace for Gnomes in the PHB so it has me wondering if there was a failed attempt to add the Elemental Evil races to the PHB?

JohnD
May 8th, 2015, 02:42
The Wild Magic table is borked.

Wolfheart
May 8th, 2015, 06:41
Is anyone else having problems with DD PHB Deluxe not displaying or applying subrace information? If I open it in the library, click on Races, scroll to the bottom and click on Subrace, I can see the list of available subraces, but if I click on one, the pop-up window is empty. Plus when I create a character and drag the main race to the sheet and then check the desired subrace, the ability score adjustments and other traits are not applied.

Edit: I also noticed that I see "Dark Gnome" listed as a subrace for Gnomes in the PHB so it has me wondering if there was a failed attempt to add the Elemental Evil races to the PHB?

Yes, same here.

Treegreen
May 8th, 2015, 15:37

Do you mean "Deep Gnome"? If so, that likely refers to the svirfneblin. They'd be pretty simple to add in as a sub-race option under gnome so I wouldn't be shocked if Smiteworks has included them.

ColinBuckler
May 8th, 2015, 19:58
A few of things.

(1) DD PHB Deluxe - Tiefling - Infernal Legacy

- Thaumaturgy cantrip
- Hellish Rebuke

I had problems finding these - perhaps they could be linked from Infernal Legacy to allow drag and drop on the Spell lists.

(2) It appears you can drag all of the other kits ont a characters equipment list (Climbers Kit and the Healers Kit), but you cannot drag the Mess Kit into the same list.

(3) When clicking on the portraits - the portrait browse window takes a while to open for the PHB included images. Could the images be indexed in to smaller sub folders? e.g. By Race?

daikamar
May 8th, 2015, 20:46
Do you mean "Deep Gnome"? If so, that likely refers to the svirfneblin. They'd be pretty simple to add in as a sub-race option under gnome so I wouldn't be shocked if Smiteworks has included them.

The problem exists with all the subraces in the official PHB.

I just noted that the Deep Gnome was listed where it wasn't before and was wondering if the current problems with the PHB were related to them attempting to add the EE races.

Treegreen
May 8th, 2015, 22:54

I just noted that the Deep Gnome was listed where it wasn't before and was wondering if the current problems with the PHB were related to them attempting to add the EE races.

It's possible. I just tested the PHB I made with PAR5E and it's adding all the stats when I drop a race. Including when I bring a subrace over. So, at least we know it's not the ruleset like it was the last time stats weren't being added correctly. It looks like official PHB links are totally borked if you check here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24097-Test-Release-v3-1-0&p=211484&viewfull=1#post211484. The error viresanimi's referring to seems to indicate the links are looking for a specific module and not finding it. This could mean the module was renamed and broke the links, or it could be something a bit more complicated.

ChimpMasaki
May 8th, 2015, 23:43
In the DD Basic Rules - Appendix C: The Five Factions

About halfway down the second paragraph talking about the Harpers it mentions Faerun - however because Faerun is often written with an accented "u" it appears as "Faerx\u00BBn".

This has likely happened in any place Faerun has been parsed in the text.

Minor issue - LMoP - Young Green dragon.
There is a line break mid sentence:
"They prefer to dwell in

ancient forests"

Undrhil
May 11th, 2015, 05:33
When I make a multiclassed character, it is allowing me to choose skills for the second class, as well as assigning the saving throw proficiencies for the second class. For example, make a sorcerer and add wizard. The character should only have save proficiencies with CON and CHA, but will have CON, INT, WIS, and CHA. Can anyone else duplicate this?

itsdvw
May 11th, 2015, 07:17
When I make a multiclassed character, it is allowing me to choose skills for the second class, as well as assigning the saving throw proficiencies for the second class. For example, make a sorcerer and add wizard. The character should only have save proficiencies with CON and CHA, but will have CON, INT, WIS, and CHA. Can anyone else duplicate this?
Yep, I can confirm this. Don't remember if this is how it behaved in earlier versions, but it's definitely a bug in the ruleset.
The code only checks if there were already levels of that particular class for that character, and adds all proficiencies (tools, skills, saving throws, armor, weapons) if it's the first level of the class regardless of the character level. The hit dice code works (adds max hit points at level 1, then only average hp on subsequent additions no matter the class), maybe the proficiencies could use similar level detection? Of course then we get into the issue of adding the desired proficiencies when we do multiclass... but in my opinion it's better to add none and have to manually add the new proficiencies than put in everything every time you add a new class and have to remove most of it.

PinkRose
May 12th, 2015, 19:02
DD PHB Customization Pack - Feats
Grappler listed as Grappler Inspired Leader

Larac
May 13th, 2015, 16:50
Yep, I can confirm this. Don't remember if this is how it behaved in earlier versions, but it's definitely a bug in the ruleset.
The code only checks if there were already levels of that particular class for that character, and adds all proficiencies (tools, skills, saving throws, armor, weapons) if it's the first level of the class regardless of the character level. The hit dice code works (adds max hit points at level 1, then only average hp on subsequent additions no matter the class), maybe the proficiencies could use similar level detection? Of course then we get into the issue of adding the desired proficiencies when we do multiclass... but in my opinion it's better to add none and have to manually add the new proficiencies than put in everything every time you add a new class and have to remove most of it.

Perhaps a Button for Multi-Class which when clicked adds just the Class level nothing else, might be good enough to mention page number for seeing what you get?
It would be great if it did it all, but that would be a chunk of code I think.

Trenloe
May 13th, 2015, 17:11
Perhaps a Button for Multi-Class which when clicked adds just the Class level nothing else
Open the "Class & Level" detail window and add the class and level there - either right-click and select "Create Item" or enter edit mode by clicking the brown / icon.

PinkRose
May 13th, 2015, 18:04
You can't drop-in 2 personality Traits.
Every time, you drop one in, by dragging the dragon onto the notes tab, it overwrites the existing Trait.
That's a problem because you are supposed to have 2 Traits.

PinkRose
May 14th, 2015, 04:58
D&D Character Customization Pack - Outlander Background
Contains the information from the Variant Noble:Knight Background as well.

PinkRose
May 14th, 2015, 05:01
D&D Character Customization Pack - Sailor Background
Missing the table for Table: Sailor Personality Traits

PinkRose
May 14th, 2015, 05:05
D&D Character Customization Pack - Noble Background
Variant feature: Retainer is not able to be added to the character sheet.
Needs a "dragon" to be able to drag it to the character sheet or edit it.

PinkRose
May 14th, 2015, 21:40
D&D PHB Customization Pack - Races - Dragonborn
Draconic Ancestry Trait mislabeled as Draconk Ancestry

JeffKnight
May 16th, 2015, 06:34
Would it be possible to get some sort of bug/typo tracking system setup so that we could have an easier way to see if an issue has been reported? I'd volunteer to set it up and help run it.

tedrion
May 16th, 2015, 17:12
I've updated twice now to be sure, but when I open subraces for any race, it's completely blank. All the information on them is gone.

To clarify, you can see what subraces exist (such as High Elf, Wood Elf, Drow) but the moment you bring up the info for the specific subrace, its blank.

Griogre
May 16th, 2015, 20:41
Which pack are you looking at? Complete, or Character Customization?

Edit: I did just check my Basic Pack and it had the same problem.

JohnD
May 16th, 2015, 20:58
Its been like that for a while now.

JeffKnight
May 17th, 2015, 19:43
Which pack are you looking at? Complete, or Character Customization?

Edit: I did just check my Basic Pack and it had the same problem.

Complete has been that way for a long while.

KlCrash
May 18th, 2015, 23:11
I noticed today that in LMOP I cannot access stories from the pins on the dm map of wave echo cave

KlCrash
May 18th, 2015, 23:12
More info:
I am getting an error message about accessing unloaded module

Zeus
May 18th, 2015, 23:50
Thanks for all the reports everyone, be sure to checkout the latest data updates in Test (PHB (excluding class packs), MM (excluding monster packs), LMoP, DD - Player Rules). I'll be working on the next data update from tomorrow.

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2015, 23:50
Are you running in Test or Dev mode for your updates? We have working on some data updates to the modules as part of the next version, and working out a few kinks.

Regards,
JPG

Zeus
May 19th, 2015, 14:32
It doesn't look like ritual spells are tagged as such. Using PHB Deluxe

Thanks for reporting. Its fixed in the PHB Deluxe. PHB Class packs fixes have been submitted for the next test update.

D&D Complete Core Monster Pack - In the Images and Maps section, someone left the thumbs.db file in there.

Complete Core Class Pack -

Dragonborn race description - First line is all capitalized but second line continues the paragraph italicized.
Dragonborn race description - section "Proud Dragon Kin" Second sentence - The firsr dragonborn ...
Dragonborn race description - section "Self-Sufficient Clans" Second sentence - "Dragonborn owe their devoption and respect ...
Dragonborn race description - section "Self-Sufficient Clans" third sentence - "Each fragonborn's conduct ...
Dragonborn race description - section "Self-Sufficient Clans" Third paragraph, last sentence - "aid from other races-or even from ...
Dragonborn race description - section "Dragonborn Names" Missing a space between first and second sentences.
Dragonborn race description - section "Dragonborn Traits" Link to "Draconic Ancestry" is misspelled. Title of window that pops up is also misspelled.
Dragonborn race description - section "Dragonborn Traits" Withint the link for languages, "You can speak, read, and write Common and Draonnic.

Would a screenshot with the errors circled be quicker or easier?

Thanks for reporting and no, screenshot is not necessary only a reference to the content. Fixes have been submitted for the next test update.

Thanks for reporting. Fix has been submitted for the next test update.

Lost Mine of Phandelver:
P0-11 under "Limited Usage" header, #bis; appears before X/Day.
P1-04.03 chat frame text only describes two wolves while encounter and encounter text includes three
Edit: I see the text only describes two wolves in the original as well. Guess this mistake's on WotC :p

Thanks for reporting. Latest version of LMoP PDF from Wizards states 3 wolves so fix has been submitted for the next test update.

Just noticed all of the domain and circle spells for Clerics and Druids appear in the Core Spell list... can this all be reversed back to the way it should be

Can I ask why?

Thanks

On topic:

If you open the "Reidoth the Druid" quest on the same page you will find "Neverw inter Wood" instead of "Neverwinter Wood".
On that same quest page the link at the bottom to "Ruins of Thundertree" is broken.

Same issue occurs for "The Banshee's Bargain" quest - the link to "Conyberry and Agatha's Lair" is broken.
On further checking this issue is consistent across all the quests in Part 2 of the adventure that are in the Encounter format.

P2-06 Redbrand Ruffians under Developments 2nd paragraph.
Says "Lithe characters kill the ruffians" instead of "If the characters kill the ruffians".

Thanks for reporting. Fixes have been submitted for the next test update.

Not a bug, per se, but it is a bit annoying that I can't drag the maps from the module into my campaign. This means that every-time I open my campaign in Fantasy Grounds all the custom pins I place on the maps have their links broken.

I'll discuss this with moon as this shouldn't be happening. If you customise a module FG maintains a copy of the changes that can then be re-applied when the module is re-opened.

I fixed this in the last update, if it continues to be a problem please let me know.

The Wild Magic table is borked.

Can you elaborate please JohnD. I addressed an issue with the table rows last update and the table appears to operate fine for me so just checking.

Zeus
May 19th, 2015, 15:00
A few of things.

- Thaumaturgy cantrip
- Hellish Rebuke

I had problems finding these - perhaps they could be linked from Infernal Legacy to allow drag and drop on the Spell lists.

This is a little challenging as it requires some rework of the way Race Traits are parsed.

(2) It appears you can drag all of the other kits ont a characters equipment list (Climbers Kit and the Healers Kit), but you cannot drag the Mess Kit into the same list.

Thanks for reporting. The fix has been submitted for the next data update.

(3) When clicking on the portraits - the portrait browse window takes a while to open for the PHB included images. Could the images be indexed in to smaller sub folders? e.g. By Race?

Thanks for reporting. I've discussed with Doug who will subdivide the pack into smaller chunks.

Thanks for reporting. Can you ensure you switch to the latest test version of FG. The PHB Deluxe has already been addressed and PHB Class packs fixes have been submitted for the next update.

In the DD Basic Rules - Appendix C: The Five Factions

About halfway down the second paragraph talking about the Harpers it mentions Faerun - however because Faerun is often written with an accented "u" it appears as "Faerx\u00BBn".

This has likely happened in any place Faerun has been parsed in the text.

Minor issue - LMoP - Young Green dragon.
There is a line break mid sentence:
"They prefer to dwell in

ancient forests"

DD PHB Customization Pack - Feats
Grappler listed as Grappler Inspired Leader

Thanks for reporting. Can you ensure you switch to the latest test version of FG. The latest PHB Deluxe module contains new multiclass data per class which can be leveraged by FG when classes are dragged/dropped to character sheets. PHB Class packs fixes have been submitted for the next update.

Perhaps a Button for Multi-Class which when clicked adds just the Class level nothing else, might be good enough to mention page number for seeing what you get?
It would be great if it did it all, but that would be a chunk of code I think.

Thanks for reporting. Can you ensure you switch to the latest test version of FG. The latest PHB Deluxe module contains new multiclass data per class which can be leveraged by FG when classes are dragged/dropped to character sheets. PHB Class packs fixes have been submitted for the next update.

D&D Character Customization Pack - Outlander Background
Contains the information from the Variant Noble:Knight Background as well.

D&D Character Customization Pack - Sailor Background
Missing the table for Table: Sailor Personality Traits

D&D Character Customization Pack - Noble Background
Variant feature: Retainer is not able to be added to the character sheet.
Needs a "dragon" to be able to drag it to the character sheet or edit it.

D&D PHB Customization Pack - Races - Dragonborn
Draconic Ancestry Trait mislabeled as Draconk Ancestry

Would it be possible to get some sort of bug/typo tracking system setup so that we could have an easier way to see if an issue has been reported? I'd volunteer to set it up and help run it.

Whats wrong with this thread? Only joking, its a good idea which I will discuss with moon and Doug.

I've updated twice now to be sure, but when I open subraces for any race, it's completely blank. All the information on them is gone.

To clarify, you can see what subraces exist (such as High Elf, Wood Elf, Drow) but the moment you bring up the info for the specific subrace, its blank.

Thanks for reporting. Can you ensure you switch to the latest test version of FG. The PHB Deluxe has already been addressed and PHB Class packs fixes have been submitted for the next update.

I noticed today that in LMOP I cannot access stories from the pins on the dm map of wave echo cave

More info:
I am getting an error message about accessing unloaded module

Data, data, data. I cannot make bricks without hay!

Seriously, I need a little more information. Which module? And which actions result in the error in the console? If you could also confirm which modules you have open we can try and determine the root cause of the error.

Trenloe
May 19th, 2015, 15:11

I'll discuss this with moon as this shouldn't be happening. If you customise a module FG maintains a copy of the changes that can then be re-applied when the module is re-opened.
I think this is related to the regular 5E module updates wiping the moduledb customisation record. This is being addressed in 3.1.0.

Larac
May 20th, 2015, 05:21
Updated both PCs
Before parch Gnome Sub Races opened and was blank.
Now they give error.

Unable to create window with data source, (reference at..... @DD PHB Deluxe)

Zeus
May 20th, 2015, 08:19
Updated both PCs
Before parch Gnome Sub Races opened and was blank.
Now they give error.

Unable to create window with data source, (reference at..... @DD PHB Deluxe)

I've just tested the latest update of the PHB Deluxe in Test and I can open all the Gnome Subraces without any error. Here's what opens for me.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8877/17887432765_51b5b2ab2e_z.jpg

Make sure that you have no personal modules, identically named to the official modules in your FG app data modules folder. Also, when starting FG please check the console messages for any warnings about module content changing, if so please check the modulesdb folder inside your campaign subfolder and look for an XML file named the same as the PHB Deluxe module. If you find one, please close the module in FG and then temporarily move this XML file to another safe place (anywhere but modulesdb) and try again. The XML file holds cached changes to module and maybe causing the issue your experiencing.

Gadreun
May 20th, 2015, 10:09
Sincerest apologies if I am in the wrong place. I purchased HotDQ and it is amazing! great job! I noticed some small map errors, and though they are minor issues, thought I would let you know.

when opening a couple of map images (you get a blank grey scale map) and this message;

"Database Error: image: invalid file [images/Greenest(player).jpg]"
"Database Error: image: invalid file [images/Raiders' Camp(player).jpg]"

Loving the content though :)

Ross

Zeus
May 20th, 2015, 10:21
Sincerest apologies if I am in the wrong place. I purchased HotDQ and it is amazing! great job! I noticed some small map errors, and though they are minor issues, thought I would let you know.

when opening a couple of map images (you get a blank grey scale map) and this message;

"Database Error: image: invalid file [images/Greenest(player).jpg]"
"Database Error: image: invalid file [images/Raiders' Camp(player).jpg]"

Loving the content though :)

Ross

Glad your enjoying the module. :)

Can you provide a reference to the pages where the links are that are not working for you. For me. the link for the Greenest (Player) map in E01-01-00 Greenest in Flames and the link for Raiders' Camp (Player) map in E02-03-00 The Camp appear to open correctly.

Please make sure that you have no personal modules, identically named to the official modules in your FG app data modules folder. Also, when starting FG please check the console messages for any warnings about module content changing, if so please check the modulesdb folder inside your campaign subfolder and look for an XML file named the same as the HotDQ module. If you find one, please close the module in FG and then temporarily move this XML file to another safe place (anywhere but modulesdb) and try again. The XML file holds cached changes to module and maybe causing the issue your experiencing.

Gadreun
May 20th, 2015, 10:25
Thanks Zeus! I will try those fixes and issue resolves, and report back.

As you suggested, I had maps from my manual creation clashing!

A fresh campaign load fixed it!

Cheers :)

Zeus
May 20th, 2015, 11:02
Thanks Zeus! I will try those fixes and issue resolves, and report back.

As you suggested, I had maps from my manual creation clashing!

A fresh campaign load fixed it!

Cheers :)

No problem, enjoy!

Larac
May 20th, 2015, 15:54
I've just tested the latest update of the PHB Deluxe in Test and I can open all the Gnome Subraces without any error. Here's what opens for me.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8877/17887432765_51b5b2ab2e_z.jpg

Make sure that you have no personal modules, identically named to the official modules in your FG app data modules folder. Also, when starting FG please check the console messages for any warnings about module content changing, if so please check the modulesdb folder inside your campaign subfolder and look for an XML file named the same as the PHB Deluxe module. If you find one, please close the module in FG and then temporarily move this XML file to another safe place (anywhere but modulesdb) and try again. The XML file holds cached changes to module and maybe causing the issue your experiencing.

After full restart no error but they sub races a blank again.

Anyone else seeing this?

Exited FG Made new Campaign 5e, only PHB Deluxe
I get this so nothing added no Extensions no Modules other than PHB Deluxe

Happens on all Sub Races for me.
My main had the cache file moved it same result.

I have the Basic and Deluxe Rules but in the new one I only loaded PHB Deluxe.

Not sure what it is? Am I the only one with Blank Subraces?

The one below was when I was getting error it is gone, but thought it might point in the area of issue.

Zeus
May 20th, 2015, 15:59
After full restart no error but they sub races a blank again.

Anyone else seeing this?

Exited FG Made new Campaign 5e, only PHB Deluxe
I get this so nothing added no Extensions no Modules other than PHB Deluxe

Happens on all Sub Races for me.
My main had the cache file moved it same result.

I have the Basic and Deluxe Rules but in the new one I only loaded PHB Deluxe.

Not sure what it is? Am I the only one with Blank Subraces?

The one below was when I was getting error it is gone, but thought it might point in the area of issue.

If your not already on the latest test update, you need to switch to test mode to see the latest changes. Update and try again with a fresh campaign.

ChimpMasaki
May 20th, 2015, 23:22
Odd one this - LMoP P2-07.04 Tresendar Crypts, Treasure

In the physical copy of LMoP is says the following:

"Amid the bones in each sarcophagus is a platinum signet ring (50gp)."

In Fantasy grounds the treasure is as follows:

"An ornate gold bracelet (90 gp) lies amid the bones in the sarcophagus containing the female human remains."

Treasure parcel contains the gold bracelet.

Zeus
May 21st, 2015, 16:09
Odd one this - LMoP P2-07.04 Tresendar Crypts, Treasure

In the physical copy of LMoP is says the following:

"Amid the bones in each sarcophagus is a platinum signet ring (50gp)."

In Fantasy grounds the treasure is as follows:

"An ornate gold bracelet (90 gp) lies amid the bones in the sarcophagus containing the female human remains."

Treasure parcel contains the gold bracelet.

I just checked the source PDF I used for LMoP (official one from Wizards) and it states:

TreasureAn ornate gold bracelet (90 gp) lies amid the bones in the sarcophagus containing the female human remains.

I'll I'll ask Doug to speak to Wizards for a steer.

giveup
May 21st, 2015, 16:57
Personal opinion, I really think you should reconsider adding entries (what little there are from WOTC) into the skill links. Not a deal breaker, but it seems like it is just text .I could probably spend an hour typing them in, but I have to think it's quicker for you guys to do it. Not a jab, but for $50, I sort of expect all the content from the book to be link/broken out. That said I agree mechanics and bugs take priority. Heck I waited until HOTDG to be released before stepping away from roll20, so I get the need to prioritize.

Zeus
May 21st, 2015, 17:17
Personal opinion, I really think you should reconsider adding entries (what little there are from WOTC) into the skill links. Not a deal breaker, but it seems like it is just text .I could probably spend an hour typing them in, but I have to think it's quicker for you guys to do it. Not a jab, but for $50, I sort of expect all the content from the book to be link/broken out. That said I agree mechanics and bugs take priority. Heck I waited until HOTDG to be released before stepping away from roll20, so I get the need to prioritize.

I hear you. Update to the latest version of FG in Test mode. You will find Skills have already been added to the PHB Deluxe module. ;) PHB PC Customization module will also include Skills and will be pushed in the next update. Happy gaming and welcome to FantasyGrounds :)

JohnD
May 21st, 2015, 17:59
Regarding the Wild Magic table being borked. In the PHB Deluxe the entries are good up until 27-28. That entry reads;

"For the next minute, all your spells with a casting time feet of you is blinded until the end of its next turn. of 1 action have a casting time of 1 bonus action."

From there to the end of the table entries are garbled in some manner.

29-30 "You teleport up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space of throw, you turn into a sheep for the spell's duration. your choice that you can see."

31-32 "You are transported to the Astral Plane until the within 10 feet of you for the next minute. end of your next turn, after which time you return to the space you previously occupied or the nearest unoccupied space if that space is occupied."

33-34 "Maximize the damage of the next damaging spell you necrotic damage dealt. cast within the next minute. 85"

37-38 "1d6 flumphs controlled by the DM appear in ends if you attack or cast a spell. unoccupied spaces within 60 feet of you and are frightened of you. They vanish after 1 minute."

That should provide enough to identify. :)

Zeus
May 21st, 2015, 18:42
Regarding the Wild Magic table being borked. In the PHB Deluxe the entries are good up until 27-28. That entry reads;

"For the next minute, all your spells with a casting time feet of you is blinded until the end of its next turn. of 1 action have a casting time of 1 bonus action."

From there to the end of the table entries are garbled in some manner.

29-30 "You teleport up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space of throw, you turn into a sheep for the spell's duration. your choice that you can see."

31-32 "You are transported to the Astral Plane until the within 10 feet of you for the next minute. end of your next turn, after which time you return to the space you previously occupied or the nearest unoccupied space if that space is occupied."

33-34 "Maximize the damage of the next damaging spell you necrotic damage dealt. cast within the next minute. 85"

37-38 "1d6 flumphs controlled by the DM appear in ends if you attack or cast a spell. unoccupied spaces within 60 feet of you and are frightened of you. They vanish after 1 minute."

That should provide enough to identify. :)

Got it. Blasted multi-column PDFs drive me up the wall - note to self, you can only copy and paste one column at a time from a PDF if you down't want garbled text!

I'll queue it up for the next update. Thanks JohnD.

Treegreen
May 22nd, 2015, 02:01
Got it. Blasted multi-column PDFs drive me up the wall - note to self, you can only copy and paste one column at a time from a PDF if you down't want garbled text!

I'll queue it up for the next update. Thanks JohnD.

Alternatively OCR them using something like ABBYY so you can split the text into separate columns that allow direct copy and pasting minus all the hassle. Nevertheless, is WoTC not allowing you guys access to their internal word docs/pdfs? Kind of a bummer.

Larac
May 22nd, 2015, 02:23
Yeah the docs would make it so much easier.

Nylanfs
May 22nd, 2015, 02:25
Talk to WotC about getting pre-production documents.

ShadoWWW
May 22nd, 2015, 06:13
If you had access to the original Indesign files, the Indesign tables work properly like Excel tables.

Zeus
May 22nd, 2015, 09:21
Alternatively OCR them using something like ABBYY so you can split the text into separate columns that allow direct copy and pasting minus all the hassle. Nevertheless, is WoTC not allowing you guys access to their internal word docs/pdfs? Kind of a bummer.

Yeah the docs would make it so much easier.

:) All the 5E content we provided is sourced from WotC managed media archives - these include PDFs/InDesign files for the books (where available) and AI/PSD source files for images/maps (again where available). I've created dedicated tooling and a pipeline for working with these document types for creating the modules however as you can see I am still optimising it to fit all 5E content as well as extending it to better support new functionality (some recent examples include NPC Spells, Multiclassing, Skills).

Talk to WotC about getting pre-production documents.

As we joined the 5E party a little after the public release, we are working (flat out) to catch up with published releases at the moment. Nearly there but still trailing slightly. We hope to close the gap soon making it somewhat easier to then start looking farther forward and as you suggest perhaps working with pre-production content. Having said that, with the nature of the editorial and design process as well as the number of changes made to the content during this cycle, its sometimes more practical to wait for finalised release candidate content.

If you had access to the original Indesign files, the Indesign tables work properly like Excel tables.

@ShadoWWW - thanks for the tip on using InDesign for table work, I'll look into that since we do have access to InDesign sources for some of the modules.

giveup
May 22nd, 2015, 21:18
Didn't see it mentioned. Minor typo on the Druid Moonbeam Spell, the spell components text is broken up

Zeus
May 23rd, 2015, 01:19
Didn't see it mentioned. Minor typo on the Druid Moonbeam Spell, the spell components text is broken up

Thanks for reporting, I have corrected the issue in PHB Deluxe and the PHB Druid Pack modules and have queued for the next update.

arksorn
May 23rd, 2015, 13:49
Evasion Effect not working on successful save, target takes full damage
It does work on a failed save, target is correctly taking half damage

arksorn
May 24th, 2015, 03:02
Occasionally targeting will seem to stop working. That is, I will still have "Targets" but when I make the attack roll, it will not be applied to them. I have removed targets and targeted and it still does not work. So far the only thing I was able to do was close the campaign and then reopen it. I made no other changes when I did that and targeting was working again.

ChimpMasaki
May 24th, 2015, 13:34
LMoP - P2-07.05 Slave Pens - DM dialogue box

Shows "A heap of discarded clothing is piled carelesslu against the far wall." should be "carelessly".

Same page - the link to Nars Dendrar is broken.

LMoP - P2-07.08 Cravasse - DM dialogue box
Last two words "the chasm" have fallen out of the dialogue box.

Doc_Jones
May 24th, 2015, 17:05
HOTDQ Module - Background Template Bond - Table Entry 6 is displaying as text only inside of entry 5, then proceeding to table entry 7.

Daxis32
May 26th, 2015, 16:27
I was told to post errors I found in the HotDQ module here.

- E03-05-08 Kobold Barracks
Parcel:8.Koblod Barracks is a copy of Enc.8.Koblod Barrack instead of being the loot.

- HotDQ Backgrounds
The 6th value in the table got combined with the 5th value.

Daxis32
May 26th, 2015, 17:09
Unable to add mess kits from Adventuring Gear Table-Equipment Kits by dragging and dropping.

Lobosolo
May 26th, 2015, 19:25
Not sure if it has been mentioned in this forum yet, but the "sub-races" text is not showing up under Gnome, Dwarf, Halfling etc if you purchased the $49.99 Deluxe PHB. Unfortunately, the only way that you can currently drag the race for these to the character sheet during creation is by dragging the main link for the "Elf" from the library to the character sheet and then selecting the subrace from the pop-up. You cannot drag the sub-race to the character sheet from the library; it creates a blank entry. Is this intended?

Regardless of how you drag it, the info is not in the Race dialog for Wood Elf, Forest Gnome, etc. On the YouTube video regarding creation at 5:16, the info is there....but that was with the "Character Customization Pack", not the PHB. You can see from my picture that the blank link is titled "Race". On the YouTube video, it is titled "SubRace". Could this be the source of the error? Is the link pointing to the wrong category?

Lobosolo
May 26th, 2015, 21:08
In the Reference Section of the PHB Deluxe, under spells, it lists Bard (Cleric), Bard (Druid), etc.... All of these links produce console errors and blank entries. The entries under "Bard" with no parenthesis appear fine.

Cheers,
Lobosolo

Daxis32
May 26th, 2015, 22:46
Druid Feature Combat Wild Shape. Says regain 2d8 hit points per level of the spell slot. Should say regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot.

JohnD
May 26th, 2015, 23:18
Not sure if it has been mentioned in this forum yet, but the "sub-races" text is not showing up under Gnome, Dwarf, Halfling etc if you purchased the $49.99 Deluxe PHB. Unfortunately, the only way that you can currently drag the race for these to the character sheet during creation is by dragging the main link for the "Elf" from the library to the character sheet and then selecting the subrace from the pop-up. You cannot drag the sub-race to the character sheet from the library; it creates a blank entry. Is this intended?

Regardless of how you drag it, the info is not in the Race dialog for Wood Elf, Forest Gnome, etc. On the YouTube video regarding creation at 5:16, the info is there....but that was with the "Character Customization Pack", not the PHB. You can see from my picture that the blank link is titled "Race". On the YouTube video, it is titled "SubRace". Could this be the source of the error? Is the link pointing to the wrong category?

It shows blank but everything gets added that should get added when you make a selection.

sillyhumansuit
May 26th, 2015, 23:51
Please fix all the nondamage spells that give advantage, etc. My whole play group added them assuming that something I paid $50 for would just work. Now they have to rewrite a whole lot of spell effects.

Lobosolo
May 26th, 2015, 23:57
True, but you can't read about the sub races to make a decision. It looks like it is pointing to the wrong category in the db.xml. It is looking for a "race" and it should be looking for a subrace. At least it appears that way empirically.

Larac
May 27th, 2015, 00:32
I think the Sub races are "fixed" in the next update.

Lobosolo
May 27th, 2015, 00:38
Great news! I started going back through the posts and I see it mentioned. I should have read the whole chain first. Thanks Larac.

Larac
May 27th, 2015, 00:53
It is a long chain :)
I had an update thought it was for this and confused myself and the dev for a few posts.

I checked the Test version they are showing up again.

Just wanted you to know the fix is in, so too speak.

itsdvw
May 27th, 2015, 01:34
A few of things.

- Thaumaturgy cantrip
- Hellish Rebuke

This is a little challenging as it requires some rework of the way Race Traits are parsed.

Perhaps as an alternative (or addition) the library could have a list of all spells in addition to listing by class? This would enable quick searching of spells referenced out of context (like when a cleric domain adds a non-cleric spell to the PC's spell list)

Larac
May 27th, 2015, 01:42
A list of things by alpha would make searching for a spell much easier.

One thing I liked about the auto parser for the basic rules was it had them in alpha, but only a small subset of the spells.
Thus searchable.

If I try to search on the PHB Deluxe I have to know what class the spell is from click there then search.

itsdvw
May 27th, 2015, 02:06
LMOP: Treasure parcels - Part 2, 4. Tresendar Crypts - says "Gold Bracelelt"

Individual character classes: Quick build text includes a link to the suggested Background but the module doesn't include any Backgrounds (thus, broken link)

Moon Wizard
May 27th, 2015, 07:55
From arksorn:

Evasion Effect not working on successful save, target takes full damage
It does work on a failed save, target is correctly taking half damage

This is sort of working as intended. The ruleset only tracks whether to halve the next damage roll, not whether to ignore it. The assumption is that the target is that the damage roll is not made if successful and evaded (if single targeted, assume damage is not rolled. if multi-targeted, then remove targets that evaded successfully.) The addition of the automatic "half" damage and Evasion effect is new with the 5E ruleset, and may get refined over time.

Regards,
JPG

Zeus
May 30th, 2015, 18:14
LMoP - P2-07.05 Slave Pens - DM dialogue box

Shows "A heap of discarded clothing is piled carelesslu against the far wall." should be "carelessly".

Same page - the link to Nars Dendrar is broken.

LMoP - P2-07.08 Cravasse - DM dialogue box
Last two words "the chasm" have fallen out of the dialogue box.

Thanks for reporting ChimpMasaki. I have fixed the problems, they should get pushed with the next update.

HOTDQ Module - Background Template Bond - Table Entry 6 is displaying as text only inside of entry 5, then proceeding to table entry 7.

Thanks for reporting Doc_Jones. I have fixed the problem, it should get pushed with the next update.

I was told to post errors I found in the HotDQ module here.

- E03-05-08 Kobold Barracks
Parcel:8.Koblod Barracks is a copy of Enc.8.Koblod Barrack instead of being the loot.

- HotDQ Backgrounds
The 6th value in the table got combined with the 5th value.

Thanks for reporting Daxis32. I have fixed the problems, they should get pushed with the next update.

Unable to add mess kits from Adventuring Gear Table-Equipment Kits by dragging and dropping.

Thanks for reporting Daxis32. This was fixed in the last test update which should be going live next week.

Thanks for reporting Lobosolo. This was fixed in the last test update which should be going live next week.

In the Reference Section of the PHB Deluxe, under spells, it lists Bard (Cleric), Bard (Druid), etc.... All of these links produce console errors and blank entries. The entries under "Bard" with no parenthesis appear fine.

Cheers,
Lobosolo

Thanks for reporting Lobosolo. This was fixed in the last test update which should be going live next week.

Druid Feature Combat Wild Shape. Says regain 2d8 hit points per level of the spell slot. Should say regain 1d8 hit points per level of the spell slot.

Thanks for reporting Daxis32. I have fixed the problems, they should get pushed with the next update.

Please fix all the nondamage spells that give advantage, etc. My whole play group added them assuming that something I paid $50 for would just work. Now they have to rewrite a whole lot of spell effects.

I believe you are referring to the way the 5E ruleset is parsing the spells description - I'll flag it with moon.

Perhaps as an alternative (or addition) the library could have a list of all spells in addition to listing by class? This would enable quick searching of spells referenced out of context (like when a cleric domain adds a non-cleric spell to the PC's spell list)

Nice idea. I liked it so much in fact that its included in the next update for the PHB and all PHB spell casting class packs :) You will find a new (Index) list at the top of the reference Spells windowlist that will list Spells by alphabetical grouping. Enjoy!

LMOP: Treasure parcels - Part 2, 4. Tresendar Crypts - says "Gold Bracelelt"

Individual character classes: Quick build text includes a link to the suggested Background but the module doesn't include any Backgrounds (thus, broken link)

Thanks for reporting itsdvw. I have fixed the problems, they should get pushed with the next update.

giveup
June 1st, 2015, 07:37
The spell "Crown of Madness" has the chart from the "creation" spell in its description, but the spell creation doesn't have the same chart.

Zeus
June 1st, 2015, 08:59
The spell "Crown of Madness" has the chart from the "creation" spell in its description, but the spell creation doesn't have the same chart.

Thanks for reporting giveup. I have moved the table from the spell Crown of Madness to the spell Creation, the updates should get pushed with the next update.

Daxis32
June 2nd, 2015, 02:03
Eldritch Knights can only (normally) take abjuration or evocation spells. It would be nice if there list reflected this or detonated the school beside the spell names.

Zeus
June 2nd, 2015, 08:49
Eldritch Knights can only (normally) take abjuration or evocation spells. It would be nice if there list reflected this or detonated the school beside the spell names.

*detonated* the school beside the list - chuckle ... made me laugh so hard that I spilt my morning tea ...

Eldritch Knights (according to the 5E PHB) focus their study of Magic to two of the eight schools of magic however this does not always force them to select/cast spells from theses schools exclusively. Eldritch Knights have access to the Wizards spell list. e.g. for spells Known of 1st level and Higher the text reads:

You know three 1st-Level wizard spells of your choice, two of which you must choose from the abjuration and evocation spells on the wizard spell list.

Having said that I think we can tweak the Spells lists to include the school for easier reference, I'll have a look at tweaking for the next update.

Elihu
June 2nd, 2015, 09:31
Bard Class Font of Inspiration is worded completely different than the wording in the physical copy of the PHB.

Zeus
June 2nd, 2015, 10:13
Bard Class Font of Inspiration is worded completely different than the wording in the physical copy of the PHB.

Thanks for reporting Elihu. I have updated the feature's text and have queued for the next update of the PHB Deluxe and PHB Bard Class Pack modules.

TASagent
June 2nd, 2015, 18:19
Several of the class features in the D&D PHB Deluxe use text from the Basic Rules.

Examples:
Fighter::Martial Archetype
Cleric::Divine Domain
Rogue::Roguish Archetype
Wizard::Arcane Tradition

The text for Wizard::Arcane Tradition, for example, says:

"When you reach 2nd level, you choose an arcane tradition, shaping your practice of magic through one of eight schools: Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Necromancy, or Transmutation. The school of Evocation is detailed

at the end of the class description; see the Player's Handbook for information on the other schools.

Your choice grants you features at...

The erroneous linebreaks (only found in the Wizard feature above) match the basic rules, as well. I'm rather sure the Player's Handbook text doesn't say the same thing (it's an error if it does), but I don't have it with me to verify.

There may be other examples of Basic Rules passages seeping into Deluxe rules.

Rexaurum
June 2nd, 2015, 21:23
I think the Sub races are "fixed" in the next update.

Does this imply that the Drow will be included soon? I was trying to build a Draw Bard and noticed it was missing :(
Thanks.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 01:08
The updated Monster Manual no longer has creatures available in the campaign NPC list, they are only available in the library, which use a different database reference to when they were on the campaign NPC list. As a result, encounters created using NPCs from the campaign list are no longer valid as the database reference to NPCs in the encounter isn't available in the new MM module.

Old reference from previous MM with NPC in the campaign list: npc.aboleth@DD MM Monster Manual

Reference from the library entry in the MM: reference.npcdata.aboleth@DD MM Monster Manual

This is also being discussed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24547-Missing-NPCs-after-update

Larac
June 3rd, 2015, 01:25
Drow are on mine with update.

Lobosolo
June 3rd, 2015, 03:05
Parsing Error with Crawling Claw in the MM. No damage shows up in the combat tracker because of the wording. I updated the text to make damage show up in the tracker.

BEFORE

AFTER

Rexaurum
June 3rd, 2015, 03:22
Drow are on mine with update.

Thanks. Found it now in the subrace area of Elf.

Zeus
June 3rd, 2015, 09:56
Several of the class features in the D&D PHB Deluxe use text from the Basic Rules.

Examples:
Fighter::Martial Archetype
Cleric::Divine Domain
Rogue::Roguish Archetype
Wizard::Arcane Tradition

The text for Wizard::Arcane Tradition, for example, says:

The erroneous linebreaks (only found in the Wizard feature above) match the basic rules, as well. I'm rather sure the Player's Handbook text doesn't say the same thing (it's an error if it does), but I don't have it with me to verify.

There may be other examples of Basic Rules passages seeping into Deluxe rules.

Thanks for reporting TASagent. I have updated the PHB and relevant class pack modules, they are queued for the next update.

Does this imply that the Drow will be included soon? I was trying to build a Draw Bard and noticed it was missing :(
Thanks.

Rexaurum - Drow is a subclass of the Elf race. see Elf.

The updated Monster Manual no longer has creatures available in the campaign NPC list, they are only available in the library, which use a different database reference to when they were on the campaign NPC list. As a result, encounters created using NPCs from the campaign list are no longer valid as the database reference to NPCs in the encounter isn't available in the new MM module.

Old reference from previous MM with NPC in the campaign list: npc.aboleth@DD MM Monster Manual

Reference from the library entry in the MM: reference.npcdata.aboleth@DD MM Monster Manual

This is also being discussed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24547-Missing-NPCs-after-update

Thanks for reporting Trenloe. I have updated the MM and queued for the next update.

Parsing Error with Crawling Claw in the MM. No damage shows up in the combat tracker because of the wording. I updated the text to make damage show up in the tracker.

BEFORE

AFTER

This is not a data error as the text matches the MM Crawling Claw Claw action text, but rather a case whereby the CT parsing of actions is failing to pick up the damage string. I'll flag it with moon.

Zeus
June 3rd, 2015, 10:11

I have been thinking about this as I don't generally ever export reference rulebook content to the campaign database nodes. Adventures yes, rulebooks no. So i'm curious as to how this could have happened. Can we confirm that we are not confusing user created MM modules with the official MM module?

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 16:42
I have been thinking about this as I don't generally ever export reference rulebook content to the campaign database nodes. Adventures yes, rulebooks no. So i'm curious as to how this could have happened. Can we confirm that we are not confusing user created MM modules with the official MM module?
I had a computer where I hadn't updated to 3.1.0 and the 3.0.13 commercial MM module links were different depending on where they were dragged from - reference.npcdata.aboleth@DD MM Monster Manual from the library and npc.aboleth@DD MM Monster Manual from the campaign NPC list.

And the MM NPCs were definitely showing as a separate tab in the Campaign NPC list - now the tab isn't there.

And, as has been reported by others but I didn't spot it, the MM images are now missing from the 3.1.0 campaign Maps & Images window.

Basically, the "stuff" from the MM that was in the campaign windows is no longer there, only the "stuff" in the library.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 16:44
Screenshots.

Prior to 3.1.0 update:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/3.0.13%20MM.jpg

After 3.1.0 update:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/3.1.0%20MM.jpg

Zeus
June 3rd, 2015, 19:18
I had a computer where I hadn't updated to 3.1.0 and the 3.0.13 commercial MM module links were different depending on where they were dragged from - reference.npcdata.aboleth@DD MM Monster Manual from the library and npc.aboleth@DD MM Monster Manual from the campaign NPC list.

And the MM NPCs were definitely showing as a separate tab in the Campaign NPC list - now the tab isn't there.

And, as has been reported by others but I didn't spot it, the MM images are now missing from the 3.1.0 campaign Maps & Images window.

Basically, the "stuff" from the MM that was in the campaign windows is no longer there, only the "stuff" in the library.

Hmm. That should never have happened. Rulebooks should only ever export to the library. I'll discuss with Doug and moon as to how to best handle this.

Lobosolo
June 3rd, 2015, 23:37
Yeah, this has resulted in the monsters in HOTDQ to becoming broken links to images. If I drag in a NEW npc to the tracker from the updated MM, it is fine (the image pops up on the "Other" tab. But all of the premade encounters with pre-populated creatures no longer have images for reference.

The first pic is from the HOTDQ encounter...the Roper is pre-populated, but the image is broken (blank)

The second pic is from the MM Library Module...after I drag a new roper into the tracker (image is working).

I currently have two ropers in the tracker....1 with a working image link and one without.

UPDATE - Just to test it, I started an entirely new campaign, to see if it populated a new DB correctly. Premade encounters still produce broken image links from the npc sheets.

Hope that helps,
Lobosolo

Lobosolo
June 3rd, 2015, 23:44
The grid on the Dragon Hatchery map in HOTDQ is not aligned correctly. It is easy enough to fix, but I thought I would let you know.

Regards,
Lobosolo

FSHSchmo
June 4th, 2015, 01:54
Just noticed that you can no longer drop the die on top of a PC or NPC on the map and it roll out the attack/dmg, you have to target them through the combat tracker. Also, when it is an NPCs turn the attack options no longer show up automatically, you have to click the sword. BTW I am live if you want to see :D

Trenloe
June 4th, 2015, 01:58
Just noticed that you can no longer drop the die on top of a PC or NPC on the map and it roll out the attack/dmg
Works fine for me, drag/drop an attack from the actions tab onto a baddie token on the map - sounds like your tokens have lost their link to the entry on the combat tracker, remove them from the map and add them again.

Also, when it is an NPCs turn the attack options no longer show up automatically, you have to click the sword.
This is by design, it was changed in 3.1.0. See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24557-CT-Actions-tab-not-expanding-automatically-for-NPCs

FSHSchmo
June 4th, 2015, 02:13
Works fine for me, drag/drop an attack from the actions tab onto a baddie token on the map - sounds like your tokens have lost their link to the entry on the combat tracker, remove them from the map and add them again.

That did the trick!

This is by design, it was changed in 3.1.0. See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24557-CT-Actions-tab-not-expanding-automatically-for-NPCs

I missed this in the notes, would love an option down the road to toggle this feature.