PDA

View Full Version : 5E Bug Reports and Notices of Fixes Rolled Out

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 15:11
Crossbow Bolts and Sling Bullet weight needs to be updated in the PHB mod.

Each single type of ammo should weigh 0.025 lb.

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 15:13
Arcane Focus item description text is referencing a chapter form the physical book. This is a digital module, so instead of chapters, how about a #zl; to the entry in the Reference Manual instead.

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 15:16
Ammunition weight is incorrect. p. 150 of the printed PHB states that 20 crowwbow bolts weighs 1.5 lb. not .5lb as the mod. Same thing with Sling bullets. 20 of those weigh 1.5 lb. not .5 lb.

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 15:30
Incomplete description entry for Manacles.

Please see the two attached images from the PHB mod and the Printed PHB.

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 15:35
Incomplete and unlinked descriptions for Holy Symbols.

The PHB mod text misses punctuation and refers to no chapter. A link to the the entry in the Reference Manual would be nice, since this is a digital version.

see attached.

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 15:42
Ball Bearing entry does not represent the new printing of the PHB.

The new entry from the lastest printing reads, "As an action, you can spill these tiny metal balls from their pouch to cover a level, square area that is 10 feet on a side. A creature moving across the covered area must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw or fall prone. A creature moving through the area at half speed doesn't need to make this save."

ddavison
September 16th, 2015, 15:43
Posting items to be fixed is welcomed. Posting the same comment each time is not. Please drop the "If I pay $50, I shouldn't have to adjust this." and similar comments. You've said it once and we heard you. Repeated postings are just being a jerk.

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 16:08
Book entry should have a #zl; to Spellbook in the description. Since this is not a physical book, but a mod, users don't have a native reference.

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 16:13
Caltrops entry needs an update to reflect the latest printing of the PHB.

The entry should read, "As an action, you can spend a bag of caltrops to cover a square area that is 5 feet on a side. Any creature that enters the area must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or stop moving this turn and take 1 piercing damage. Taking this damage reduces the creature's walking speed by 10 feet until the creature regains at least 1 hit point. A creature moving through the area at half speed doesn't need to make the save."

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 16:18
Crowbar has the wrong price. The PHB mod says 2 sp, while the printed PHB says it costs 2 gp.

see images.

jajen2003
September 16th, 2015, 16:29
Burglar's Pack listed as 50 lb. in the description, but when dropped into a character sheet, the weight says 47.5 lb.

GuardianLurker
September 17th, 2015, 06:08
I'm once again taking notes on Rise of Tiamat for my campaign. Here's what I've found so far in episode 4 (Neronvain):

Minor; Two Entries P4-01.00 - Survivor’s Tales and The Misty Forest. Survivor’s Tales should be P4-01.01
Major; P4-00 Episode 4: Neronvain should at least link to P4-01.00 The Misty Forest, and P4-02.00 Neronvain’s Stronghold. (Ideally it should include links to all of the sections of P4.)
Major; P4-01.00 The Misty Forest should include links to all of P4-01.XX entries.
Minor; P4-01.04 Spurious paragraph break at end.
Minor; P4-01.06 Broken link to encounter
Minor; P4-02; Dragon Attack link is broken; should link to the misnamed Episode3_Cover

Edit: and finishing up Episode 4.
Minor; P4-02.03 Ettin Lair parcel does not correctly link to Belt of Hill Giant Strength item.
Trivial; P4-02.06 Encounter link is labeled as “Cultist Quarters” instead of more typical “Encounter”
Trivial; P4-02.08; likewise for the Treasure/parcel link

Apolala
September 19th, 2015, 22:16
Some broken item links in PotA:

Items that gives the following message "Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (DD Dungeon Masters Guide)":
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Wondrous Item;Driftglobe;Image: Driftglobe
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Wondrous Item;Alchemy Jug;Image: Alchemy Jug
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Wondrous Item;Bag of Holding;Image: Bago of Holding
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Wondrous Item;Dust of Disappearance;Image: Dust of Disappearance
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Ring;Ring of Resistance;Table: Ring Resistance
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Potion;Potion of Resistance;Table: Potion of Resistance
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Rod;Immovable Rod;Image: Immovable Rod
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Rod;Tentacle Rod;Image: Tentacle Rod
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Scroll;Spell Scroll;Image: Spell Scrolls
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Weapon;Dragon Slayer;Image: Dragon Slayer
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Weapon;Dwarven Thrower;Image: Dwarven Thrower
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Weapon;Trident of Fish Command;Image: Trident of Fish Command

Items that gives the following message "Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module.(*)":
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Wondrous Item;Necklace of Prayer Beads;Bead of Wind Walking
-DD Pota;Magic Items;Potion;Potion of Diminution;Enlarge/reduce:spell: Enlarge/reduce

Monster:
Crawling Claw Action Claw seems to have wrong formating on damage. Could be fixed by making two different actions for Claw one for bludgeoning and one for slashing damage? As it doesn't have multiattack anyways.

Griogre
September 20th, 2015, 07:34
HotDQ and RoT the spellcasting NPCs have not had their spells or innate spells updated so the spell information has the range of each spell, ie Acolyte, Azbara Jos, Blagothkus, Brother Caemon to name a few.

Karykzen
September 21st, 2015, 01:19
Possible DMG Errata:

On page 213 of the DMG there is a picture of a Trident of Warning, yet I cannot find any description of this item.

midas
September 21st, 2015, 01:37
Technically it's on the same page.

WEAPON OF WARNING

Weapon (any), uncommon (requires attunement)

This magic weapon warns you of danger. While the weapon is on your person, you have advantage on initiative rolls. In addition, you and any of your companions within 30 feet of you can't be surprised, except when incapacitated by something other than nonmagical sleep. The weapon magically awakens you and your companions within range if any of you are sleeping naturally when combat begins.

Any weapon can be a weapon of warning; they just used a trident for the art.

Qoff
September 23rd, 2015, 16:16
Not sure if it was already reported but:

Elemental Evil Players Companion: The Deep Gnome race is adding 4 points of INT and Gnome Cunning 2 times

Out of the Abyss: The table with the alternative bonds don't have the feature to drag them.

Zacchaeus
September 24th, 2015, 19:55
Not sure if it was already reported but:

Out of the Abyss: The table with the alternative bonds don't have the feature to drag them.

Hmm, I missed this when reviewing. I note also that none of the 'Madness' ones have links either.

TASagent
September 24th, 2015, 20:13
Yeah, those tables were built in FG natively. I don't believe it's possible to build tables in FG directly that would allow you to drag and drop a Madness, Bonds, etc.

I can investigate exporting a table that does work that way from a PAR5Ed module, copying it into OotA, and swapping it with the one currently in there. That might take a little bit, but should be doable and I expect would work.

Zacchaeus
September 24th, 2015, 22:04
Yeah, those tables were built in FG natively. I don't believe it's possible to build tables in FG directly that would allow you to drag and drop a Madness, Bonds, etc.

I can investigate exporting a table that does work that way from a PAR5Ed module, copying it into OotA, and swapping it with the one currently in there. That might take a little bit, but should be doable and I expect would work.

It sort of is possible but it would require a separate story entry for every possibility on each table that could be dragged then into the appropriate part of the table. To be honest that would make the module look awful untidy. The tables for the backgrounds in the PHB look like they must have been created in Parse so that is doable. Again however it might be an awful lot of work getting all of those into OotA without breaking something, and for possibly very little return. The data from the tables as is can simply be copy/pasted into the character sheet. However it's your call :)

midas
September 27th, 2015, 21:20
In the 5e Player's Handbook page 81 it states:

"Water Whip. You can spend 2 ki points as a bonus
action to create a whip of water that shoves and pulls
a creature to unbalance it.

In the FG parsed module however, it states:

Water Whip. You can spend 2 ki points as an action to create a whip of water that shoves and pulls a creature to unbalance it."

**EDIT** Never mind, I see this was changed in the June errata.

lambchopsil
September 27th, 2015, 23:46
In the Elemental Evil Players Companion in the "Merge with Stone" subracial entry for the Earth Genasi has a broken link to "Pass Without Trace (spell)". Clicking it gives error of "Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module.(*)"

lambchopsil
September 28th, 2015, 03:38
Under the descriptions for all of the Gaming Sets (4 of them), the text is incomplete. It ends with "If you are proficient with a gaming" and cuts off there. Should continue reading "If you are proficient with a gaming set, you can add your proficiency bonus to ability checks you make to play a game with that set. Each type of gaming set requires a separate proficiency."

Similarly, the Musical Instruments and Navigator's Tools description is also cut off midway. Every Artisan's Tools description also cuts off toward the end, including the tools that have special descriptions such as the Poisoner's Kit or the Forgery Kit. One other thing about that last point is that it doesn't appear that the Poisoner's Kit or the Forgery Kit should be considered Artisan's Tools in the PHB, which means the shared Artisan's Tools paragraph actually shouldn't be there in the first place. It's because the PHB Page 154 doesn't list those as Artisan's Tools in the table. Instead they have no category. But in Fantasy Grounds, you list them all under the Artisan's Tools within the Tools Table. This may cause confusion for some people since some of the backgrounds (like Folk Hero) specify that they gain proficiency in an artisan's tools, so they may think they can choose something like Thieves' Tools, which isn't legal in RAW.

rob2e
September 28th, 2015, 21:31
Errors I found...

Base speed for a Wood Elf is listed as 30, should be 35.

It seems the command spell wasn't parsing correctly because the description has "aWisdom" instead of "a Wisdom".

In the minor illusion cantrip the sources are Bard, Eldritch Knight, Monk, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard, Arcane Trickster. Forest Gnome not there, should be.

ThanX!

Zacchaeus
September 29th, 2015, 19:22
I've lost track of what has and what hasn't been reported, so apologies for any duplication.

The following spells all have some corruption in their text which prevents them from parsing correctly (mostly stuff like 5 d10 instead of 5d10)

Geas,
Insect Plague,
Blade Barrier

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2015, 21:29
Thanks for all the reports. Keep them coming. We have an internal list we are keeping track of everything on, and we'll take care of the duplicates.

Cheers,
JPG

whiteTiki
September 30th, 2015, 19:31
Has anyone reported the thing that a Long Rest is not recovering ONLY HALF of your spent Hit Dice. Its recovering ALL HIT DICE.

Has this been reported already? If not. I'm adding it to the list.

midas
September 30th, 2015, 19:43
Has anyone reported the thing that a Long Rest is not recovering ONLY HALF of your spent Hit Dice. Its recovering ALL HIT DICE.

I've not seen this behavior in any of my campaigns. I'm not at home right now but I just threw the demo on my machine at work and created a quick campaign and a level 5 fighter. I gave myself 40 wounds, used all my hit dice, then did a long rest and now have 2 hit dice available.
**EDIT** Added screenshots to show.

What Zacchaeus says below is the only thing I can think of--confusing HP with hit dice.

bob1.JPG - Bob has a total of 5 Hit Dice to spend for heals while out of combat/during a short rest/whenever the DM says he can. He currently has 40 wounds.
bob2.JPG - Bob spends all 5 of his Hit Dice heals. He has none remaining until he completes a long rest, at which point he'll get back half of them (rounded down). On a side note, I wish I rolled HD heals as well as Bob. :/
bob3.JPG - The DM triggers a long rest from the Combat Tracker. Bob regains 2 of his spent Hit Dice.

The first time I tested this I did notice that if I didn't have Bob in the Combat Tracker when doing the long rest it didn't work, but that was because it didn't recover any Hit Dice at all. :)

Zacchaeus
September 30th, 2015, 20:09

Are you perchance confusing Hit Dice with Hit Points? Like midas I can't replicate this; a long rest is recovering the correct amount of HD.

Zacchaeus
September 30th, 2015, 20:56
It doesn't appear on level up that FG is taking account of the misc modifier in the health calculation. For example a Dwarf Cleric with CON 14 and Dwarven Toughness should increase HP by 5+2+1. However FG is adding only 5+2.

lambchopsil
September 30th, 2015, 20:59
I may be remembering wrong since it was the last campaign I played, but I believe a similar problem exists for the Sorcerer draconic bloodline feature Dragon Resilience which is also supposed to give you an additional 1 HP per level

spite
September 30th, 2015, 21:12
In the Hoard of the Dragon Queen official module, the following are bugs/issues

(crossposting)
I noticed a few of the NPCs are missing their spells in their actions/abilites. The first noticed was acolytes, where it says in the first field "The acolyte is a 1st-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with spell attacks). The acolyte has following cleric spells prepared:
Cantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy 1st level (3 slots): bless, cure wounds, sanctuary"
But then in the actions only Light and Sacred Flame were available. Is this intended? If so, why? I was needing to keep the spell book open to keep referring to when needing to cast the other spells it had prepared, along with keeping track of spell slots in a piece of paper (partly against the whole point of a VTT :P )
Oh and the other thing, the Hoard of the Dragon Queen's Loathsome Limbs table (linked to in NPC Trepsin) is an empty table. If someone doesn't have the Monster Manual table available then they will be unable to roll loathsome limbs.

Also, Kobolds entry in the Module have the HP of 5 (2d6 + 2) instead of the intended books 5 (2d6 - 2). Resulting in greatly over-powered creatures should random HP be used.

TheGarvster
October 5th, 2015, 18:54
The 5E Monster Manual is missing the Actions for a regular spider. Bite Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 1 piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 9 Constitution saving throw or take 2 (1d4) poison damage.

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2015, 22:44
The SIZE conditional operator is not working as expected and I would refer you to Trenloe's expert analysis of the problem in this post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26324-SIZEing-things-up).

cosmiccandi
October 11th, 2015, 00:42
Please pardon me for not reading through the entire thread to see if this was listed already: Noticed something today while creating a character outside of any campaign setting. Had Deluxe PHB setup in My modules. I had selected class (Fighter) and Race (High Elf) and dragged those onto my sheet. It applied the racial bonus of +2 DEX properly giving me a 12. However, I hadn't actually rolled for stats yet, so when I dragged the actual roll into the proper stat box, it overrode the bonus and just applied the flat score.

So it started base 10 DEX.
Added High Elf it applied +2 DEX= 12
I had rolled a 16 in the rolls tab.
Dragged 16 into DEX, it remained 16 instead of going up to 18.

Thanks for your help.

Zacchaeus
October 11th, 2015, 12:08
Please pardon me for not reading through the entire thread to see if this was listed already: Noticed something today while creating a character outside of any campaign setting. Had Deluxe PHB setup in My modules. I had selected class (Fighter) and Race (High Elf) and dragged those onto my sheet. It applied the racial bonus of +2 DEX properly giving me a 12. However, I hadn't actually rolled for stats yet, so when I dragged the actual roll into the proper stat box, it overrode the bonus and just applied the flat score.

So it started base 10 DEX.
Added High Elf it applied +2 DEX= 12
I had rolled a 16 in the rolls tab.
Dragged 16 into DEX, it remained 16 instead of going up to 18.

Thanks for your help.

This is how it works, the stats boxes are fully editable. You have whatever option to build the character whatever way you want but I suggest that you enter stats first, then race and background and then class (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet). That way you'll get the correct stats without having to do much calculation. To 'fix' your problem just type 18 into the DEX box.

Zeus
October 18th, 2015, 12:10
HotDQ and RoT the spellcasting NPCs have not had their spells or innate spells updated so the spell information has the range of each spell, ie Acolyte, Azbara Jos, Blagothkus, Brother Caemon to name a few.

Looking at this now but not sure I understand what the problem is? Can you elaborate on the issue and how you expect it to be resolved. Thanks.

kylania
October 18th, 2015, 13:06
Looking at this now but not sure I understand what the problem is? Can you elaborate on the issue and how you expect it to be resolved. Thanks.

On the left is an Acolyte from HotDQ. Notice how the Sacred Flame spell says 'at will', a 4E left over?, and there's no range listed on any spells.

On the right is a new NPC with the Sacred Flame dragged in from the PHB DD. Notice how the range is displayed and the level is School Cantrip vs Level: 0 and the at will title description.

So I guess he's asking why the module NPCs have a different style of spellblock than ones created on the fly. The missing range on spells is a little inconvenient.

Zeus
October 18th, 2015, 16:20

On the left is an Acolyte from HotDQ. Notice how the Sacred Flame spell says 'at will', a 4E left over?, and there's no range listed on any spells.

On the right is a new NPC with the Sacred Flame dragged in from the PHB DD. Notice how the range is displayed and the level is School Cantrip vs Level: 0 and the at will title description.

So I guess he's asking why the module NPCs have a different style of spellblock than ones created on the fly. The missing range on spells is a little inconvenient.

Thanks for the explanation. Pictures paint a thousand words. I'll have a look - it sounds like I need to reparse the HotDQ modules to pick up the updated spell format as PHB DD is correct and acts as our master db.

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2015, 16:38
Zeus,

This may not be a problem just in HotDQ; I believe there are similar instances in all of the mods pre OotA. Oh, and can you cast an eye over the PoTA spreadsheet :)

spite
October 19th, 2015, 10:53
Had a couple issues crop up tonight.
Effects for immunities and resists seem to be auto filling the combat tracker both from official modules sich as the PHB and monster manual, and the Harried in Hillsfar module are coming in with spaces after each comma seperating resistance types, causing the damage resistance to be ignored unless manually fixed.
Also had the issue show up on my own module made in Par5e but regardless if I had commas in the source text or not it auto-filled with spaces.
Example
https://puu.sh/kPHl1/e2dd1cd3f8.jpg

any damage dealt to it SHOULD be resisted except from magical sources, but it just hits it. If I manually change it to no spaces it works perfectly. Not sure what's causing it to auto fill as such, but its doing it on everything.

For the DD PHB, dragging the Rage effect from the barbarian class does not correctly put in the effect, it just puts in an effect of "unconscious" to self.

HOTDQ official module
Kobolds still 2d6 + 2, instead of 2d6 - 2, resulting in an average of 4 HP hgher than normal and much more difficult encounters at low levels.

Zacchaeus
October 19th, 2015, 12:01
Had a couple issues crop up tonight.
Effects for immunities and resists seem to be auto filling the combat tracker both from official modules sich as the PHB and monster manual, and the Harried in Hillsfar module are coming in with spaces after each comma seperating resistance types, causing the damage resistance to be ignored unless manually fixed.
Also had the issue show up on my own module made in Par5e but regardless if I had commas in the source text or not it auto-filled with spaces.
Example
https://puu.sh/kPHl1/e2dd1cd3f8.jpg

any damage dealt to it SHOULD be resisted except from magical sources, but it just hits it. If I manually change it to no spaces it works perfectly. Not sure what's causing it to auto fill as such, but its doing it on everything.

For the DD PHB, dragging the Rage effect from the barbarian class does not correctly put in the effect, it just puts in an effect of "unconscious" to self.

I can't reproduce the IMMUNE problem. I don't have the Hillsfar module so I can't test with the NPC in your example but testing on a Golem is working correctly as you can see from the screen shot below. When Bob hits with a non magical weapon the damage is fully resisted but when he adds the magic tag to his weapon the damage is getting through. It doesn't matter if there is a space or not. As you can see from the screen shot there's no spaces in the Clay Golem but there is in the Flesh Golem but everything is working as expected. Are you getting the same results with Golems or is it just NPC's from the module that is causing the issue?

As with many of the character abilities the Barbarian's rage will not parse; you'll need to set up that effect yourself. Not a bug at this time - it's just not something that the automation process will currently handle.

spite
October 19th, 2015, 18:55
I have recreated it with the golems and the monster I was having issue with.
https://puu.sh/kQ4BC/28ad076392.jpg
this is with spaces, the damage goes through as if there were no immunities.
Removing the spaces between the damages results in
https://puu.sh/kQ4Jj/9986841e8b.jpg
the damage being resisted as intended. These golems are from the monster manual, the fusion ele is from the personal module using par5e, where par5e has no spaces in the source text.

Zacchaeus
October 19th, 2015, 20:28
Ah, got it from your screenshot. You are on the test version. Report this here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26330-Test-Release-v3-1-3)

spite
October 19th, 2015, 20:40
Ahhh crap. My bad! Sorry!

Zacchaeus
October 19th, 2015, 20:44
Yeah, it's not working on test version. I suspect it will have something to do with code which MW has put in to correct certain problems with ALIGN, TYPE etc and also converting these things to logical AND's rather that OR's.

Good spot

Zeus
October 19th, 2015, 23:57
Zeus,

This may not be a problem just in HotDQ; I believe there are similar instances in all of the mods pre OotA. Oh, and can you cast an eye over the PoTA spreadsheet :)

I've located and fixed the problem and reparsed all the official modules, they are queued up on our server and will be pushed as soon as John/Doug cycle the next update. All NPC spells will now include Range information (where available). Also the At-will in the header is included as some spells can be cast at will e.g. cantrips and spells from innate casting traits. For spells which can not be cast at will, the spell level and number of slots is displayed instead.

kylania
October 20th, 2015, 00:03
Nice, thanks for the quick fix!

GenSmicer
October 20th, 2015, 10:43
Has anyone already reported that the charlatan background's proficiency don't automatically show up in the abilities?
I also noticed that somewhere halfway in the descriptions a small text that tells about these proficiencies. So maybe they were placed in the wrong spot, as they also not have the usual drag icon next to them. So I'm afraid they were just put in the text part of the charlatan background rather then been made some draggable ability(nvm this it never should be draggable to begin with :p). Unless this is the wrong spot for reporting these kind of things :p.

Just above Favorite Scheme's 11399

Zacchaeus
October 20th, 2015, 15:57
GenSmicer: I suspect this is working as intended since these two proficiencies aren't skills as such and at present FG doesn't populate the skill section with anything other than actual skills. You are correct however that there should be some notification in the chat window regarding these being available to the character, perhaps by being added as a feature.

Griogre
October 20th, 2015, 17:12
I've located and fixed the problem and reparsed all the official modules, they are queued up on our server and will be pushed as soon as John/Doug cycle the next update. All NPC spells will now include Range information (where available). Also the At-will in the header is included as some spells can be cast at will e.g. cantrips and spells from innate casting traits. For spells which can not be cast at will, the spell level and number of slots is displayed instead.

Thanks, that spell range is was a pain. I know a lot of spells ranges but some I just had to pause the game while I looked them up.

GenSmicer
October 20th, 2015, 22:16
I probably worded it wrong too :p. I meant that usually when you drag in a background the proficiency of tools also appears in the ability tab and then in the proficiency slot. This of the charlatan doesn't do that. I meant to say that, but just said it wrong :p.

GuardianLurker
October 22nd, 2015, 04:37
Progressing through Rise of Tiamat, it's doing better than HotDQ. So here's what more I've found :

Episode 5; Second Attack
Critical: Nycaloth : Traits are badly bungled.

P1-07: Third Session
First paragraph is badly parsed; multiple sentences instead of one paragraph.

P07-00: Xonthal’s Tower
Major: The Tower link is broken. It should point to either 7-02 or 7-05.
P07-02: Xonthal’s Tower
Major: The Dungeon link is broken. It should point to 7-06

Minor: No Internal Links to 7-07, 7-08

Minor: No Internal Links within P08 (Mission to Thay)

tadkil
October 24th, 2015, 21:45
I ran the first stage of the adventure as a dry run. Built the character effects out and then ran the party through local host to make certain I understood the interface and could run the combat, etc. No problems. All looked good.

I opened up the server to my players so they could take a look at their characters and tweak spells and such if they wanted. One of the guys logged on and identified this as an issue: unless you make the module viewable to me I cannot click on the Criminal Background and see what it does. I get the error Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (DD Lost Mine of Phandelver) obviously this is not ideal as players need to check these tabs for information on how to play their characters. It looks like just the background section is inaccessible as my PHB & basic rules modules deliver the rest of the detail to the characters. I resolved by pasting the text off of a pdf of the character sheets.

tadkil
October 24th, 2015, 22:02
While Building out a test encounter I discovered the following problem:
Orc War Chief's damage from His Great Ax only totals 1D8, the 1D12+4 is not included in the damage roll. Looks like Gruumsh's fury was grabbed but not the rest of the damage combination.

Zacchaeus
October 24th, 2015, 22:12
Orc War Chief's damage from His Great Ax only totals 1D8, the 1D12+4 is not included in the damage roll. Looks like Gruumsh's fury was grabbed but not the rest of the damage combination.

You are correct. Meantime if you replace the 'plus' with a '+' in the NPC sheet all will be well.

Zacchaeus
October 24th, 2015, 22:25
I ran the first stage of the adventure as a dry run. Built the character effects out and then ran the party through local host to make certain I understood the interface and could run the combat, etc. No problems. All looked good.

I opened up the server to my players so they could take a look at their characters and tweak spells and such if they wanted. One of the guys logged on and identified this as an issue: unless you make the module viewable to me I cannot click on the Criminal Background and see what it does. I get the error Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (DD Lost Mine of Phandelver) obviously this is not ideal as players need to check these tabs for information on how to play their characters. It looks like just the background section is inaccessible as my PHB & basic rules modules deliver the rest of the detail to the characters. I resolved by pasting the text off of a pdf of the character sheets.

It would seem that all of the backgrounds from the pregenerated characters are different from that in the PHB which is the likely cause of this problem. Everything else, classes, skills etc all link back to the PHB. The only solution that I can see at this stage is to drag the backgrounds from the PHB on to the character sheets which will overwrite the ones from the Lost Mines. This should not cause too much of a problem if the characters haven't advanced much. Not sure that this one can be fixed since clearly the only way for the players to access the Lost Mines info is for you to share the module and that isn't going to happen.

tadkil
October 25th, 2015, 01:17
You are correct. Meantime if you replace the 'plus' with a '+' in the NPC sheet all will be well.

Roger that.

Zacchaeus
October 25th, 2015, 14:06
It would appear than the 'Tooltip' option in both 'Token: Show Ally health' and 'Token: Show enemy health' isn't working as expected.

Also the View: Bar Colors option seems to be reversed; see this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26544-View-Bar-Colours) for information.

Zeus
October 26th, 2015, 21:26
It would seem that all of the backgrounds from the pregenerated characters are different from that in the PHB which is the likely cause of this problem. Everything else, classes, skills etc all link back to the PHB. The only solution that I can see at this stage is to drag the backgrounds from the PHB on to the character sheets which will overwrite the ones from the Lost Mines. This should not cause too much of a problem if the characters haven't advanced much. Not sure that this one can be fixed since clearly the only way for the players to access the Lost Mines info is for you to share the module and that isn't going to happen.

I've just fixed this for LMoP, the backgrounds are now anonymously linked and not locally linked meaning as long as players have access to the PHb or Basic Rules - Player modules, the links will be accessible. The new version should get pushed out with the next update.

Zacchaeus
October 26th, 2015, 21:43
I've just fixed this for LMoP, the backgrounds are now anonymously linked and not locally linked meaning as long as players have access to the PHb or Basic Rules - Player modules, the links will be accessible. The new version should get pushed out with the next update.

It has been said many times before but you are indeed a God :)

Zeus
October 26th, 2015, 21:50

Just walked through the MM and replaced all instances of 'plus' in actions strings with +. I've also recompiled the MM Packs, so this will be fixed as of the next update.

Zeus
October 26th, 2015, 21:57
It has been said many times before but you are indeed a God :)

No worries, DMG has been updated too ;) Lots and lots and lots of functional magic items to play with - also updated the hoard tables to use 3.1.3 table dice/math functionality so you can now roll on any of the hoard tables and any sub tables will be rolled on automatically, the results output to the chat window will contain links to the functional magic items.

tadkil
October 27th, 2015, 05:24
Just walked through the MM and replaced all instances of 'plus' in actions strings with +. I've also recompiled the MM Packs, so this will be fixed as of the next update.

**Takes a knee.** Your Grace.

GunnarGreybeard
October 27th, 2015, 05:27
So looking forward to the next updates.

spite
October 27th, 2015, 19:18
The hoard of the Dragon queen module, under the Dragon hatchery >>> treasure chamber, the encounter is linked both under the encounter and the loot parcel link, leaving no loot parcel there.

spite
October 29th, 2015, 09:23
Also, the DnD PHB Deluxe Feat list appears to have the Grappler feat title with this. https://puu.sh/l1JrF/752e2cc996.jpg

GuardianLurker
October 29th, 2015, 18:16
MM: The dragon entries are missing the Innate Spellcasting sidebar.

lambchopsil
November 3rd, 2015, 06:00
For PotA, encounter titled "3.10.05 M5. West Dormitory - Night" has 4 enemies titled "Sacred-Stone-Monastery-Player-Above-Ground" (which will fail when trying to add to combat tracker) instead of 4 "Sacred Stone Monks"

rob2e
November 3rd, 2015, 12:26
During character creation, Sword Coast races / backgrounds populate skills with verbiage of "choose two of", etc. in the skills list.

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2015, 12:59
During character creation, Sword Coast races / backgrounds populate skills with verbiage of "choose two of", etc. in the skills list.

Indeed, however release 3.1.3 sorts all of these problems out. You'll also find a few other quirks with choosing say a martial archetype and some other similar choices. I did all the testing on 3.1.3 and all of these little quirks and problems were sorted out during the test. You can switch to test mode now if you like or await the live release which can't be long now I'd imagine.

damned
November 3rd, 2015, 13:06
Indeed, however release 3.1.3 sorts all of these problems out. You'll also find a few other quirks with choosing say a martial archetype and some other similar choices. I did all the testing on 3.1.3 and all of these little quirks and problems were sorted out during the test. You can switch to test mode now if you like or await the live release which can't be long now I'd imagine.

Last word was it would be *this week*....?

rob2e
November 3rd, 2015, 13:06
I hope it's soon.

Kelendros78
November 4th, 2015, 02:36
DRAG and DROP issues.

running windows 10 (might be the culprit). I am using the latest version, and have the princes of the apoc module that I am trying to run. When ever I attempt to drag and drop something, whether its a window, or primarily an attack roll into another window. The item I am draging stops when when I cross over the frame of any open fantasy grounds window. In the case of dice sometimes the die is still being held by the pointer and I can continue on and drop it on target...how ever sometimes it isn't still held...this really makes targeting a hassle especially if I am draging across the combat tracker (as damage will fall there and what ever I am over will be the recipient of the damage).

Really hoping someone else is having this issue or that it has been resolved. Please let me know.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2015, 10:02
I haven't heard of anything like this before.

Some ideas:
* It sounds like some other running app is grabbing the focus away from Fantasy Grounds intermittently. You might try disabling some of your start up programs to see if any of them are the culprits. (You can manage these from Task Manager.)
* Also, it could be that the mouse is getting interrupted. Are you using a wireless mouse?

Regards,
JPG

Kelendros78
November 4th, 2015, 21:35
Going to dig into it tonight...I don't have a wireless mouse and this system has run fantasy grounds fine before...pre windows 10 that is...

Kelendros78
November 4th, 2015, 21:50
Well I updated my client today, and now it works alright... movement is really sluggish for the mouse cursor while dragging but its not broken anymore. (wish I would have discovered why it was broke...)

Falselight
November 4th, 2015, 23:23
since the update today v3.1.3 DD Princes of the Apocalypse a issues ( on map Fane of the eye Players, I click on link 5.04.12 F12. Abandoned Mine, it opens link then i click on F12. Abandoned Mine (encounter) it open the encounter box and then I click add encounter to combat tracker and i get this [ERROR] Missing data record, check your modules. Unable to add NPC record. (Specter) also the encounter has no CR or xp and refresh doesn't fix it) this is not the only place it happens in DD prince.
2.07.04. Mother Yalanthas

i have deleted FG and reinstalled still get error.

Zeus
November 4th, 2015, 23:54
since the update today v3.1.3 DD Princes of the Apocalypse a issues ( on map Fane of the eye Players, I click on link 5.04.12 F12. Abandoned Mine, it opens link then i click on F12. Abandoned Mine (encounter) it open the encounter box and then I click add encounter to combat tracker and i get this [ERROR] Missing data record, check your modules. Unable to add NPC record. (Specter) also the encounter has no CR or xp and refresh doesn't fix it) this is not the only place it happens in DD prince.
2.07.04. Mother Yalanthas

i have deleted FG and reinstalled still get error.

I checked my local dev copies and the encounters appear to function correctly, however just to be on the safe side I have re-submitted the modules to our server and asked Doug/John to queue an update patch as soon as possible.

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 01:10
I just pushed Zeus's latest versions to the Test channel, verified they worked as expected with that encounter, and pushed Live as a hot fix.

Regards,
JPG

Falselight
November 5th, 2015, 01:16
I just pushed Zeus's latest versions to the Test channel, verified they worked as expected with that encounter, and pushed Live as a hot fix.

Regards,
JPG

Works great now thank you:o

PinkRose
November 5th, 2015, 08:29
Having issues with adding DCI# in the Log tab now.
Could do it before in the last version.
There doesn't seem to be a place to add it.
Can anyone confirm this?

rob2e
November 5th, 2015, 08:32
Having issues with adding DCI# in the Log tab now.
Could do it before in the last version.
There doesn't seem to be a place to add it.
Can anyone confirm this?

On the NOTES page is where YOUR DCI# goes.

In the log section, when you add an adventure, there is a place for both DM name and DCI# as one entry.

PinkRose
November 5th, 2015, 08:35
Except the Notes tab doesn't contain the DCI# slot any more.
At least on my version.

Gender - Age - Height - Weight - Size
Alignment - Deity

That's all I have now.

rob2e
November 5th, 2015, 08:39
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! Didn't catch that. Who thinks they're gonna REMOVE something. Hmmm...

PEOPLE! ???

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 08:54
It should be on the Log tab on the character sheet now. It used to be in the Notes.

JPG

PinkRose
November 5th, 2015, 09:00
The log tab shows DCI# but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter it.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2015, 09:09
Go to Log tab, click on edit list and then on add entry. Type in a name for the new entry then click the little button on the right of the line you just created. You will see along the top editable boxes for 'Adventure', 'Date' and 'GM Name and DCI#'.

Eh voila!

FSHSchmo
November 5th, 2015, 16:00
When I open up one of my players character sheets via the combat tracker I get the following error -

Script error: (string "campaign/scripts/char.lua");30: attempt to call field 'getMaxValue' (a nil value)

This only happens when I first open it then it does not do it again.

JohnD
November 5th, 2015, 16:44
In PHB - Reference Manual - Part 1 - Personality and Background ... the links for showing Dwarven, Elven and Draconic script are blank/gray boxes.

Also, perhaps I am again missing the obvious, but the link for Variant Human seems to be missing.

PinkRose
November 5th, 2015, 17:36
Zacchaeus, that would I assume be for the DM's DCI#, which needs to be included in an adventure.
Above that ADVENTURES section there is a line that just says DCI # aligned to the right. But no way to input anything there.

https://puu.sh/larUi/029b8dd1d2.jpg

GarthGiantbane
November 5th, 2015, 17:53
I figured out the log - I like the implementation. Although, I cannot discover the spot for my player's DCI#. Moon said it was on the log but I see only the DM Name/DCI#

Side question, anyway to see what was on the pre-update log extension after doing the update? (I have paper copies still but just wondering)

Trenloe
November 5th, 2015, 18:00
Zacchaeus, that would I assume be for the DM's DCI#, which needs to be included in an adventure.
Above that ADVENTURES section there is a line that just says DCI # aligned to the right. But no wait to input anything there.

https://puu.sh/larUi/029b8dd1d2.jpg
Yeah, looking at the code, there should actually be FACTION and DCI # in that title bar and two fields (string underlined fields) below to enter that info. Looks like the ADVENTURES list is anchored too close to the higher controls and also the labelling of the title isn't working correctly. Needs the code in record_char_logs.xml looking at.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2015, 18:03
Also, perhaps I am again missing the obvious, but the link for Variant Human seems to be missing.

D'you mean in Classes?. i.e from the main index? Or somewhere else? Can you narrow it down a bit please - it's a big document.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2015, 18:08
Yeah, looking at the code, there should actually be FACTION and DCI # in that title bar and two fields (string underlined fields) below to enter that info. Looks like the ADVENTURES list is anchored too close to the higher controls and also the labelling of the title isn't working correctly. Needs the code in record_char_logs.xml looking at.

Maybe it depends on the Theme used as well. I don't see anything on the log at all like in the screen shot above (using the Wizards Theme) until I create a new item and then the log opens up for editing. Sorry, I don't know anything about Adventure League stuff so I didn't know what the numbers were for or that there were different ones for players and DM's.

demonsbane
November 5th, 2015, 20:54
After the public release of 3.1.3, I'm seeing a small thing affecting the economy of available display space in the 5e ruleset:

When I open a spell from a library module, a spell window appears allowing to be resized as one pleases.

But when I open the same spell from any character sheet, instead, the spell window appearing is larger and it can't be resized past certain point.

Here is a sample of both windows; the left one is the spell from a library module, resized for the purposes of this screenshot, and the right one, which is larger, is the same spell opened from a character sheet at its minimum size:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12554407/FG%20313Spells.jpg

It would be nice if both could be resized as usual.

spite
November 6th, 2015, 11:01
In the monster manual the two elementals pictured have a missing linebreak between slam and their next ability. In the wind ele it is whirlwind that is missing its own section, and in the water ele it is whelm that has the same issue.
https://puu.sh/lbm9J/e8560c2b36.jpg for reference.

GarthGiantbane
November 6th, 2015, 17:10
I figured out the log - I like the implementation. Although, I cannot discover the spot for my player's DCI#. Moon said it was on the log but I see only the DM Name/DCI#

Side question, any way to see what was on the pre-update log extension after doing the update? (I have paper copies still but just wondering)

I found my answer to the side question after opening a character with an existing log (using the previous extension) - it added that info to the new log sheet. So, no need to open/view the previous sheet. Only thing it didn't move was some adventure comments I had after a couple sessions. Once again - outstanding work on the update.

geewaagh
November 6th, 2015, 17:20
In the monster manual the hell hound bite attack says Hit:7(1d8+3)piercing damage +7(2d6) fire damage.
When its rolled in FG, the fire damage is 72d6! This seems a bit extreme for a CR3 creature. :)

I assume this should have been "and" not "+"

JohnD
November 6th, 2015, 19:49
In the monster manual the hell hound bite attack says Hit:7(1d8+3)piercing damage +7(2d6) fire damage.
When its rolled in FG, the fire damage is 72d6! This seems a bit extreme for a CR3 creature. :)

I know what I'm using in my game tomorrow night.

Zacchaeus
November 6th, 2015, 20:57

No, the problem is the space between the + and the 7. Remove the space and it will work.

PinkRose
November 8th, 2015, 01:15
All instruments descriptions are truncated. They all end with the following:
"...your proficiency bonus to"
All of them appear the same way.

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2015, 04:43
I just checked in my copy of the PHB Deluxe and PHB Customization Pack, and I see full descriptions for each instrument. Which module are you looking in?

Thanks,
JPG

PinkRose
November 8th, 2015, 05:35
Let me say first, that I've done computer, video game and electronic Q&A for 15+ years. I understand how to do it.
HOWEVER, when I went to check which module it was, of course, it works just fine now.
I wish I had a screen shot. I swear it wasn't working. But thanks for being on top of it, Moon Wizard.

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2015, 05:40
No worries. Please let me know if it happens again. I know how the triggers for an issue are sometimes not obvious.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2015, 05:43
Just a heads up that I am rolling back updates on the following 5E modules: LMoP, HotDQ, PotA and RoT.

We had pushed a data patch with several updates and fixes for these modules, but one of the changes in our back-end used to generate the modules changes the data paths inside the module which is causing broken links (and thus missing data) in edited module records.

We'll post an update when we are ready to push the updates live again.

Regards,
JPG

PinkRose
November 8th, 2015, 06:54
New issue.
What boxes do I check to get the SCAG decal to show?
My options are:
FR Fonts
Fonts
5e theme - Wizards
D&D Player's Handbook Decals
SCAG Decal

Using any combination, my only options I get are white with D&D logo and Brown with Dragon.
Did I break it again?

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2015, 11:37
Check off the 5e Wizards Theme and the SCAG Decal. Once loaded go into options and find Desktop: Decal Image. Cycle through the options; there's 4 Sword Coast images to choose from.

Magraff
November 8th, 2015, 15:34
Hi Guys,

It appears that a character's con modifier is being added twice when dragging a new class level to the character sheet. Once to the average hp and again as a modifier.

Cheers,
J

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2015, 18:32
Hi Guys,

It appears that a character's con modifier is being added twice when dragging a new class level to the character sheet. Once to the average hp and again as a modifier.

Cheers,
J

Welcome to the forums and to Fantasy Grounds.

I can't replicate this. Do you have anything else on the character that could be giving it extra hp such as Dwarven Toughness or a feat or some such. When you try this on a completely new campaign with a character with 10 CON and nothing else does it still happen. Can you give us more information of when it happens, the class involved. Anything at all really.

JohnD
November 8th, 2015, 19:46
Human Fighter with 13 constitution gets 7 hp + 1 con bonus.

Pandamonius
November 8th, 2015, 20:32
Adventure Module: Lost Mine of Phandelver

Problem: In Story, section P1-04.07 Twin Pools Cave, the DM Flavor text for players seems to be outside of appropriate tags

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2015, 21:55
Human Fighter with 13 constitution gets 7 hp + 1 con bonus.

Hi Guys,

Cheers,
J

Indeed, after further testing it would appear that as far as Humans are concerned there is an extra hp being allocated. A human fighter is getting an additional hp for CON of 12 (7+1) an additional 2 for CON of 14 (8+2) and so on. The base should in all cases be 6 average. No additional hp is being given for CON of less than 12. This is the case for any Human class. I've tested some other races but it seems to be confined to Humans (and human variant).

EDIT: Clearly didn't test enough. This is a problem for all races and as far as I have tested all classes. However, it may just be the output to the chat window that is the problem. It looks like the correct hp are being given.

Magraff
November 8th, 2015, 22:20
Much appreciated Zacchaeus, you've saved me some SAN points. It also appears to occur with a Mountain Dwarf Paladin and Dragonborn Barbarian on my system. The issue is still present in a new campaign.

Edit: Rock Gnome Monk is interesting - it gets the correct hp in the character sheet, but the chat window shows the incorrect numbers.

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2015, 22:35
Much appreciated Zacchaeus, you've saved me some SAN points. It also appears to occur with a Mountain Dwarf Paladin and Dragonborn Barbarian on my system. The issue is still present in a new campaign.

Edit: Rock Gnome Monk is interesting - it gets the correct hp in the character sheet, but the chat window shows the incorrect numbers.

It looks like they are all getting the correct hp, it's the output to chat that's wrong I think. It's too late now for me to test any more for the moment.

Raguel
November 9th, 2015, 23:01
The Channel Divinity feature under Oath of Devotion displays the wrong text (the text for Channel Divinity for Oath of Vengeance).

BlueDrake
November 10th, 2015, 01:08
Minor Correction for the Monster Manual. The Myconid Sprout has a Fist attack. It's currently [Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 (1d4 + 1) bludgeoning damage plus 2 (1d4) poison damage.]
It should be [Melee Weapon Attack: +1 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 (1d4 - 1) bludgeoning damage plus 2 (1d4) poison damage.]

limpinjezus
November 10th, 2015, 17:20
1175511756 V. 3.1.3: The mimic's Bite action Acid damage is parsing in the combat tracker actions as 41d8 acid instead of 1d8 acid

VenomousFiligree
November 10th, 2015, 21:30
Chimera Fire Breath isn't formatted correctly and is under Claws

fragarach13
November 10th, 2015, 23:19
Hi,
in the 5E Monster Manual, the Bite and Cold Breath actions for the Winter Wolf are combined into a single action, thanks.

damned
November 11th, 2015, 03:50
1175511756 V. 3.1.3: The mimic's Bite action Acid damage is parsing in the combat tracker actions as 41d8 acid instead of 1d8 acid

Ouch. Thats nasty!

limpinjezus
November 11th, 2015, 05:40
You should have seen the shock on my level 5 players faces when i rolled it. >:)

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2015, 11:57
V. 3.1.3: The mimic's Bite action Acid damage is parsing in the combat tracker actions as 41d8 acid instead of 1d8 acid

There's a few of these kicking about it seems. Meantime remove the space between the + and the 4 to fix it.

bnickelsen
November 11th, 2015, 11:58
I received this error when I tried to open the Parcel in P4-02.18. Collapsed Cavern

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (parcel;18. Collapsed Cavern : parcel;18. Collapsed Cavern.parce@DD Lost Mine of Phandelver)

Wolf118
November 12th, 2015, 03:46
I haven't done an exhaustive search, but so far, every single dragon has their breath weapon attack merged with Frightful Presence or other attack. Others affected are the Behir, Vine Blight, Chimera, Demilich, Air and Earth Elemental, Ettercap, Faerie Dragon, Storm Giant, Gibbering Mouther, Gnoll Pack Lord, and Clay Golem (that's as far as I got through the MM).

Basically, it looks like every single creature that has a Recharge attack with a range (i.e., not a 6, or non number duration) is affected.

Also, every creature I've seen so far has their Innate and regular Spellcasting formatting screwed up. There are no carriage returns.

I just completed an update today (11 Nov) to V3.1.3.

incandescant
November 12th, 2015, 15:48
In a 5e campaign with the Wizards theme the Quests window has the base 5e theme for its title.

I tested this in a new/clean campaign and took a screenshot:

Apologies if this has already been reported.

Zacchaeus
November 12th, 2015, 18:56
I haven't done an exhaustive search, but so far, every single dragon has their breath weapon attack merged with Frightful Presence or other attack. Others affected are the Behir, Vine Blight, Chimera, Demilich, Air and Earth Elemental, Ettercap, Faerie Dragon, Storm Giant, Gibbering Mouther, Gnoll Pack Lord, and Clay Golem (that's as far as I got through the MM).

Basically, it looks like every single creature that has a Recharge attack with a range (i.e., not a 6, or non number duration) is affected.

Also, every creature I've seen so far has their Innate and regular Spellcasting formatting screwed up. There are no carriage returns.

I just completed an update today (11 Nov) to V3.1.3.

Indeed, there does seem to be a problem with all cases where there is some kind of rechargeable thing such as breath weapon. In all cases (that I've managed to track down) the description is running into whatever comes before it - which is rather strange.

As regards your second point do you mean creatures that have both innate and spellcasting? If so could you specify actual cases you have seen please? I have checked over a few that have either and they seem fine.

Zacchaeus
November 12th, 2015, 18:58
In a 5e campaign with the Wizards theme the Quests window has the base 5e theme for its title.

I tested this in a new/clean campaign and took a screenshot:

Apologies if this has already been reported.

Welcome to the forums and well spotted. I did mention this in the test thread but I should have put it in here once 3.1.3 went live since Moon Wizard clearly got distracted by other things :)

JustinFreitas
November 14th, 2015, 00:29
When I open up one of my players character sheets via the combat tracker I get the following error -

Script error: (string "campaign/scripts/char.lua");30: attempt to call field 'getMaxValue' (a nil value)

This only happens when I first open it then it does not do it again.

Hi Chris!

I was trying to figure this one out today by trying things and I found out that disabling the AL Log Extension (running w/out the extension) makes it work right. Since they now have the 'Log' tab built in, using the extension isn't necessary anyway. Just wanted to share what I learned with you.

See Ya, Justin

rob2e
November 14th, 2015, 06:05
PotA module link problems in Necklace of Prayer Beads ( #zal:spell: ) as shown.

Also, I noticed link problems to the images of Wand of Magic Missiles and Driftglobe from WITHIN the items description, offering me in each case...

"Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (DD Dungeon Masters Guide)"

Quite interesting a module request pull from a (currently) nonexistent module. Ha!

rob2e
November 14th, 2015, 06:28
The white on grey buttons are VERY HARD to read. Has no one brought this up before?

demonsbane
November 14th, 2015, 11:17
(. . .)

Here is a sample of both windows; the left one is the spell from a library module, resized for the purposes of this screenshot, and the right one, which is larger, is the same spell opened from a character sheet at its minimum size:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12554407/FG%20313Spells.jpg

It would be nice if both could be resized as usual.

Quick hot fix today for a couple 5E items. (. . .)

Spell detail window sizes are consistent and smaller.

Thank you very much.

And while the window sizes glitch isn't happening anymore for spells opened from links inside character sheets, I now realize that it actually is happening too with the rest of links there, like trait links, equipment links, etc. I mean this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12554407/FGPatch313/WindowSizesandGlitch.jpg

(Below I'll explain the green box I put there).

As you can see, the smaller windows at the left size are opened from the library modules (core and basic rules) and resized down, while the right ones are straight from their links inside character sheets, which can't be reduced past that point and causing then that space issue.

It would be nice if the resizing capabilities where just the same in all cases, matching with the fixed spell detail window sizes too.

The green box I put there, above, is for signaling a different window graphic glitch, which is an empty space spawning from the lower right corner: it's happening to me when I open certain items from library modules (core, basic rules), after resizing them down, while dragging them around after that, or just after being the last window I clicked on. Here are two additional examples with the same green boxes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12554407/FGPatch313/WindowGraphicGlitch.jpg

Edit: seemingly this last issue happens with the 5e Wizards Theme activated, since I can't replicate it with when the Leather one is on.

These aren't dramatic glitches but it'd be good to get rid of them.

Warm regards

PsychoPif
November 14th, 2015, 13:45
I've added the spell Greater Invisibility to a bard. On the action tab, the detail show the effect twice.

VenomousFiligree
November 14th, 2015, 18:17
Seems to be some over writing on the armor frame.

spite
November 20th, 2015, 00:17
https://puu.sh/lrI4H/c21be7a600.jpg

As pictured, the Half-Red Dragon Veteran's breath weapon doesn't have its own line, it is merged accidentally into the Heavy Crossbow's effects section.

ACTUALLY, now that I check, every single ancient dragon, adult dragon, and young dragon has the breath weapon section sitting inside the previous weapon/actions description section. Rendering "recharge" useless/not working and also hiding it from easy view.
Here is a pic for examples. I have checked every singel ancient adult and young dragon across the Monster Manual and they all have the same issue.
https://puu.sh/lrIfG/99da4fee80.jpg

JohnD
November 20th, 2015, 01:26
The white on grey buttons are VERY HARD to read. Has no one brought this up before?

Personally I find that whole bright white on brighter white on pale grey theme very hard on the eyes if you're playing for more than an hour.

GuardianLurker
November 22nd, 2015, 04:05
I'm getting a weird behavior with FG (3.1.4 Ult) on my Mac (10.9.5) - and this is leaving aside all the "re-install your license" errors I've been getting on updates recently. From the other threads, that's all been worked out.

However, on the initial start-up the window's off - it's smack dab against the left edge of the screen, and the right edge has moved inward to the point its chopping off the rightmost half of the start button. If I open a campaign, the right-hand gutter is gone. If I right-click to resize/restore the window it once again is usable and responsive. And when I go out to the launcher, that's behaving well too. But if I run the setup tool, or log out of FG, when the launcher window reopens, its back to ugly.

ddavison
November 22nd, 2015, 16:33
Can you attach a screenshot so we can see it how you see it?

Are you running the "Fantasy Grounds Demo" or the "Fantasy Grounds" apps on Steam. I just now pushed an updated demo. Even if Steam thinks it is the Demo, you can still use it like a full version if you have a valid license key. They are ever-so-slightly different builds though, and we recently just had issues with the Demo that we didn't have with the non-Demo version.

damned
November 23rd, 2015, 12:01

Hey rob2e I think you are running one of my desktop extensions AND the alternate 5e extension and both modify some of the same elements.... try losing the More 5e Fun extension or whatever its called - or drop the other 5e theme...

I cant test that specifc combo because all my 5e licensed content went awol last week some time and I cant find it...?

pacio49
November 23rd, 2015, 19:30
Personally I find that whole bright white on brighter white on pale grey theme very hard on the eyes if you're playing for more than an hour.

You can set the lighting effects from the DM button for lighting. The nighttime overlay will turn the stark white of the background blueish, the campfire will make it sort of ruddy tan, and the Forest button will make it green tinged. It will provide more visual contrast and might make it easier on your eyes. Just a click away. Unless you use the dynamic lighting to indicate atmosphere for your party members, it should present an easy solution given all the white.

rob2e
November 23rd, 2015, 20:34
You can set the lighting effects from the DM button for lighting. The nighttime overlay will turn the stark white of the background blueish, the campfire will make it sort of ruddy tan, and the Forest button will make it green tinged. It will provide more visual contrast and might make it easier on your eyes. Just a click away. Unless you use the dynamic lighting to indicate atmosphere for your party members, it should present an easy solution given all the white.

Great solution, although the default setting shouldn't be so.... GROSS? I'll use gross.

rob2e
November 23rd, 2015, 20:36
Version 3.1.4 is supposed to have the ability to let players remove effects from the combat tracker, also supposed to auto save server characters. What am I missing that I don't see either of these options?

Moon Wizard
November 23rd, 2015, 21:03
Neither v3.1.4 nor v3.1.5 supports letting players remove effects from the combat tracker. There is/was a community extension that performed this feature. While I want to add this capability in the future, no specific release was targeted.

Server characters should be automatically saved when a player exits a session. The characters are accessible by using the Manage Characters button on the FG launch screen, then selecting the campaign name in the Campaigns list, before hitting the Start button.

Regards,
JPG

rob2e
November 23rd, 2015, 21:10
ThX Moon Wizard. Hope that remove feature makes it in soon. Save a lot of headaches for D/GMs.

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2015, 21:17
Great solution, although the default setting shouldn't be so.... GROSS? I'll use gross.

Another solution is to use a hex code with the lighting command to slightly reduce the brightness such as /lighting e0e0e0. Put this into a hotkey.

NOTE: Those are zeros not letter 'o's as someone mistakenly thought when I posted something similar elsewhere

rob2e
November 27th, 2015, 07:07
It seems in the PotA module, there is a (linking?) mistake.

In section 2.07.22. Vallivoes Sundries there is a link "Investigate Skull Pinned to Tree".

Within that, the last line has "#@;PotA..."

That don't look right!?

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2015, 07:16
Thanks for all the reports. Most of the ones older than a couple days have already been queued for the next release, and are in the Test channel awaiting the next push.

Regards,
JPG

GuardianLurker
November 28th, 2015, 17:01
Thanks for all the reports. Most of the ones older than a couple days have already been queued for the next release, and are in the Test channel awaiting the next push.

Regards,
JPG

A thought: I like the fact that there's a single bug thread here, and you all are great about detailing the bug fixes in the Test Release threads in the Laboratory forum, but it's a little awkward reconciling the two threads. Could post a heartbeat link in here to the latest post in the Test Release threads?

Oh, and have you all ever looked at using a bug tracking/issue tool? Or, if you're using github, exposing the issues page? That'd make all of this easier for everyone, I think.

Edit: And since this is my 42nd post, I hereby declare that this is an answer. Though I'm still not sure about the question. ;)

Moon Wizard
November 28th, 2015, 21:10
We looked at setting up a bug tracking system, but none of the bug tracking systems had a good mechanism to allow anonymous submission but lock down everything beyond that. It ended up being more work to set up and manage the bug tracking system, than to keep doing it the way we are now.

I've been meaning to archive this thread, and create a new one to reset. I'll hopefully remember to do that with the next release.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
November 29th, 2015, 04:16
Moon,
I'd suggest one thread for each Core Ruleset (like current) and one for each module/DLC. I know that would be a lot of threads, but it would help users (me!) figure out what has been reported on the modules and what hasn't.

rob2e
November 29th, 2015, 04:33
Moon,
I'd suggest one thread for each Core Ruleset (like current) and one for each module/DLC. I know that would be a lot of threads, but it would help users (me!) figure out what has been reported on the modules and what hasn't.

I second.

TMO
November 29th, 2015, 05:31
We looked at setting up a bug tracking system, but none of the bug tracking systems had a good mechanism to allow anonymous submission but lock down everything beyond that. It ended up being more work to set up and manage the bug tracking system, than to keep doing it the way we are now.

I've been meaning to archive this thread, and create a new one to reset. I'll hopefully remember to do that with the next release.

Regards,
JPG

Just curious, had you looked into Atlassian's projects, such as JIRA (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira)? This is what our company uses along with some plug-ins. We live and breath by this tool.

Zacchaeus
November 29th, 2015, 11:16
Moon,

If you see something report it. It doesn't matter if it has been reported before. In fact since things do get fixed so quickly if you're seeing an error the chances are pretty much 100% it hasn't been reported.

Nylanfs
November 29th, 2015, 15:22

Regards,
JPG

Talk to Mathias at Lone Wolf on what they use for HeroLab, we use Jira (jira.pcgen.org) at PCGen, but that's because we are open source and can get it for free. :)

TMO
November 29th, 2015, 16:32
Talk to Mathias at Lone Wolf on what they use for HeroLab, we use Jira (jira.pcgen.org) at PCGen, but that's because we are open source and can get it for free. :)

If you are a small shop (10 or less users), JIRA is dirt cheap ($10/month). Plug-ins (we particularly like Structure) are typically priced the same. For bug submissions, we simply created a web page for clients to enter their notes and we use a generic JIRA user to post the issue. I think there are also plug-ins for more sophisticated implementations and still do not require a user license for each visitor.

Trenloe
November 29th, 2015, 17:27
Hope that remove feature makes it in soon. Save a lot of headaches for D/GMs.
Player effect removal extension available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23566-5E-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension

rob2e
November 29th, 2015, 21:45
PHB Magic Circle Spell.

Grammatical error as shown... "can'tw illingly"

rob2e
December 1st, 2015, 21:05
... the "A lso" as shown.

rob2e
December 2nd, 2015, 06:08
When you open Crusader's Mantle from the spell list in PHB, it's fine.

When you open it from within Cleric War Domain, it gives the blank window as shown and is improperly linked.

Griogre
December 2nd, 2015, 20:03
I've been meaning to post this a while: If a Bard uses Cutting Words to reduce damage by a negative dice, and if the monster crits, the crit doubles the number of reduction dice as well as the damage dice. The negative die should not be double on a monster crit. A definite corner case but annoying.

Griogre
December 2nd, 2015, 20:18
I'm a bit hesitant to post this as its not a bug but rather an interface/character sheet consistency issue. The inspiration code looks to come from the Savage Worlds ruleset because you check the circle to indicate you have inspiration available. However, everywhere else on the 5E character sheet when you have a checked off circle, ie for ammo and spell slots, means the resource has been *expended*.

The unchecked circle should really mean you have inspiration and the checked circle should mean you don't - if you want to have consistency in interface and character sheet design. It would be better to switch it long term, but if you switch it now you will be explaining it constantly for a while. :p

rob2e
December 2nd, 2015, 20:29
I've had discussions with players and DMs about the inconsistency of the inspiration tick as well. Kind of confusing, but the new gold star helps.

MadBadHare
December 2nd, 2015, 22:22
In Elemental Evil Player's Guide:

In the Goliath race,

Stone's Endurance falls under Natural Athlete when it should be it's own entry as an ability.

Moon Wizard
December 2nd, 2015, 23:37
Doubling of negative damage dice
The doubling of the negative die on a crit is an interesting problem. How do I know whether the negative die is part of the original roll or not? The other extra damage dice are doubled, why not extra dice that are negative?
So, my real question is whether this is correct behavior or not according to the rules of the game?
If we wanted to change it, the only way I can think of is to always not double negative dice, without requiring a lot more changes to that code. I'm thinking that would probably be safe, unless you can think of a situation where it doesn't work. (i.e. I don't think anything has negative damage dice by default.)

Inspiration
Good point, but I think it works okay for now. It's also consistent with the character sheets provided by Wizards. I changed to the gold star to mimic proficiency, which works the same way.

Bug Reports
Thanks to everyone for bug reports. I've been copying to our internal tracking for data bugs as you report them.

Thanks,
JPG

TMO
December 3rd, 2015, 06:44
Inspiration
Good point, but I think it works okay for now. It's also consistent with the character sheets provided by Wizards. I changed to the gold star to mimic proficiency, which works the same way.

Our party just played for the first time since the star was introduced. It was unanimously given a thumbs up.

GuardianLurker
December 3rd, 2015, 18:10
Doubling of negative damage dice
The doubling of the negative die on a crit is an interesting problem. How do I know whether the negative die is part of the original roll or not? The other extra damage dice are doubled, why not extra dice that are negative?
So, my real question is whether this is correct behavior or not according to the rules of the game?
If we wanted to change it, the only way I can think of is to always not double negative dice, without requiring a lot more changes to that code. I'm thinking that would probably be safe, unless you can think of a situation where it doesn't work. (i.e. I don't think anything has negative damage dice by default.)

(Disclaimer: I don't have the books in front of me)
I suspect Cutting Words is cast as a reaction, yes? If so, then the critical should already have been resolved when this occurs. E.g. DM: The ogre [rolls] critically hits you for [roll] 19 points of damage. Player: No he doesn't. My cutting words [roll] distract him and the damage is reduced by [roll] 7.

If, on the other hand, Cutting Words is an on-going Debuff, then the negative dice are properly doubled, just like all the other damage dice. E.g. If +1d6 fire becomes +2d6 fire on a critical hit, then -1d4 pillow should become -2d4 pillow as well. E.g DM: The ogre strikes the classic fists-to-the-abdomen bodybuilder poses and roars at you. On its biceps, you can see a picture of Arnold Schwarznegger tattooed within a heart and arrow. It advances, swinging its vicious-looking flaming battleaxe. Player: OH **** NO! I put cutting words on that ogre! [roll] At least it won't hurt as *much*.

Zacchaeus
December 3rd, 2015, 18:54
Correct GuardianLurker. Although you double any damage dice you only ever get any modifiers once (p196 PHB). I agree that Cutting Words is a roll made after the damage roll which has the effect of reducing the Damage so it isn't being made at the same time and so shouldn't be being rolled alongside the damage. So even if critical damage is being rolled you only get one Cutting Words damage reduction.

Like many, I suspect, whilst trying to automate this, an effect is being created to do the automation but it should (probably) be done manually.

Griogre
December 4th, 2015, 21:07
Yeah, in the best and perfect world you would sequence it. But because the bard has the potential of rolling high enough to totally negate damage, or the real problem *over* negate the damage - you can't just do a healing effect in FG - so the easiest way to do this is apply the effect as a negative damage die to the damage roll of the monster prior to the monster doing damage since damage rolls can't be negative.

@JPG: I think you could get away with not doubling negative dice on crits. I'm pretty sure no monster will ever natively roll a negative damage die, the major concern would be a spell or magic effect/curse needing to be doubled - and right now I don't' think there is anything like that for damage. It's not entirely out of the realms of possibility though, as we currently have the Bless/Bane potential for attack rolls and saves.

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2015, 21:26
Yeah, in the best and perfect world you would sequence it. But because the bard has the potential of rolling high enough to totally negate damage, or the real problem *over* negate the damage - you can't just do a healing effect in FG - so the easiest way to do this is apply the effect as a negative damage die to the damage roll of the monster prior to the monster doing damage since damage rolls can't be negative.

Absolutely correct. I suppose the answer (in the interim at least) would be to roll the Cutting Words before damage and put the result into the modifier before damage is rolled.

spite
December 8th, 2015, 05:31
So, my previously reported bug of kobolds having 2d6+2 instead of the intended 2d6-2 was seemingly fixed not long ago, but has now reverted.
It's possible I am mistaken and used MM kobolds (which show correctly) at some point but thought it's worth reporting again.

Lobosolo
December 8th, 2015, 15:57
I posted it in a different thread, but it might belong here. Is the redesign of the Sword Coast and DMG decals supposed to be cropped and surrounded by a black circle? The sword coast guide decal used to be like the other ones with a larger picture without a boarder.

For example:

Just curious if this is the new direction for decals. I kind of like the larger picture without a border better. Personal taste.

Lobosolo

TMO
December 8th, 2015, 16:19
Just curious if this is the new direction for decals. I kind of like the larger picture without a border better. Personal taste.

I agree with you. I really enjoy the design of the original decal designs (which still appear to be intact for the other books and modules). The "fade to background" is a nice and subtle look and just seems to blend well with the D&D 5E theme. I've been designing my own custom decals in a similar way.

I cannot recall if the Sword Coast decal ever looked like the original or the new DMG decals...FWIW.

ddavison
December 8th, 2015, 16:26
The style of the decals was changed due to direction from the Art department. They didn't like the fade to background approach and wanted a better separation/border for the graphic.

MadBadHare
December 8th, 2015, 16:32
DMG - Magic Weapons

None of the weapons have the damage type "Magic".

Lobosolo
December 8th, 2015, 16:57
The style of the decals was changed due to direction from the Art department. They didn't like the fade to background approach and wanted a better separation/border for the graphic.

Thanks Doug. I figured it was something like that. Thanks for the response. Loving the DMG.

Lobosolo
December 8th, 2015, 17:05
One more thing. It looks like the new decals have an residual artifact way off to the left if you are not using the WOTC theme. It is there for all the new outlined decals.

The Rouse
December 8th, 2015, 17:58
tavern name generator:

LOVE the DMG, Great JOB!!!

As I have been playing around, It appears the tavern name generator is not rolling a d20 twice, or I've just hit on some pretty steep odds that I rolled the same number twice on a d20, three times in a row.

I presume its supposed to roll 1d20 for the first half of the name and 1d20 for the second half of the name. Or am I understanding this table wrong?

Zacchaeus
December 8th, 2015, 18:06
tavern name generator:

As I have been playing around, It appears the tavern name generator is not rolling a d20 twice, or I've just hit on some pretty steep odds that I rolled the same number twice on a d20, three times in a row.

I presume its supposed to roll 1d20 for the first half of the name and 1d20 for the second half of the name. Or am I understanding this table wrong?

You are correct. There needs to be another table for the second part of the name. I clearly missed that one.

Skeemer
December 8th, 2015, 20:23

Found an issue with Appendix B Monsters by Challenge Rating. Some of the links are giving the error " Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module."

Zacchaeus
December 8th, 2015, 20:37

Found an issue with Appendix B Monsters by Challenge Rating. Some of the links are giving the error " Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module."

Welcome to FG and to the forums. Do you have the Monster Manual? And if so is it open? If so, can you point to some of those that are broken.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm seeing the problem- listing them all now. Thanks for reporting.

Eighteez
December 8th, 2015, 20:42
it would also let people that own certain content, to look in that thread and see what is not working properly.

JohnD
December 8th, 2015, 20:47
tavern name generator:

Noticed this as well.

lambchopsil
December 9th, 2015, 07:57
My group is going through PotA (and I have the physical book as well), and these were the problems we encountered tonight:

Sacred Stone Monastery, for both DM and player versions of the above ground map, the pins for M3 and M4 have swapped locations. M3 should be on the right, while M4 should be on the left.

Sacred stone Monastery encounter "3.10.15 M15. Dojo" has issues. When using the arrow to add directly to combat tracker, it throws the error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:762: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image.
Also, only 2 of the monks should be injured, not all 4

Rivergard Keep encounter "3.09.12 K12 Moored Keelboat" doesn't have the bandit captain that would be there if Shoalar is already dead

Rivergard Keep story entry "3.09.14 K14. North Tower" is missing all the text after the quote box. It's also missing the encounter of 3 bugbears that should be there

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2015, 11:48
Thanks for reporting.

As regards the number of Monks the text is unclear. It says that there are four Monks and then it says that 'the two monks are at half hit points'. So it's debatable whether there are only two injured Monks or 4 with two injured or whether all four are injured. Since there seems to be confusion as to the number of Monks Zeus put 4 injured ones in and we await errata from WotC.

rob2e
December 9th, 2015, 23:32
Anyone else, have this?

Opened a second instance of FG, joined my own game, tried to access DMG in Joined session (With permission green arrow given by DM)...

Got this, and it shuts the program down.

bawsr
December 10th, 2015, 03:21
I like the DMG. It is pretty cool. Where are we collecting issues/bugs/mistypes at?

I have a couple.

Random Dungeon - Passage Width D12 (it rolls a d20 :) and only has number results for 1-12 ) (the second passage width is a d20 the first says d12)

GM [Table] Artifacts Minor Beneficial Properties = While attuned to the artifact, you can use an action to cast one 2nd level spell (chosen by the DM) from it. After you cast the spell,

It just ends there :)

TMO
December 10th, 2015, 03:35
Anyone else, have this?

Opened a second instance of FG, joined my own game, tried to access DMG in Joined session (With permission green arrow given by DM)...

I tried this and got similar results. The host FG displayed the console with the errors but I never got a crash. It just kept going until I closed the player connection. Then my host remained active. However...my keyboard was jacked, even when trying to use it on other software applications on my desktop. Once I closed FG altogether my keyboard began to behave normally.

bawsr
December 10th, 2015, 03:40
Duplicate post. I got logged out of the forum and it won't let me log back in unless I request a password reset (I don't have to do the password reset I just have to request and then it lets me login. When I posted the first time, it said it didn't post and I didn't have access. hmm Sorry about the double post. I will have to see if It is on my side or just Microsoft Edge :)

TMO
December 10th, 2015, 03:42
I like the DMG. It is pretty cool. Where are we collecting issues/bugs/mistypes at?

I have a couple.

Random Dungeon - Passage Width D12 (it rolls a d20 :) and only has number results for 1-12 ) (the second passage width is a d20 the first says d12)

GM [Table] Artifacts Minor Beneficial Properties = While attuned to the artifact, you can use an action to cast one 2nd level spell (chosen by the DM) from it. After you cast the spell,

Didn't you just post this a little earlier? :)

Zacchaeus
December 10th, 2015, 11:58

I have a couple.

Noted, thanks for reporting

Ghost Matter
December 11th, 2015, 06:29

Honestly, I'm disappointed by this. At the moment, I find the new style much more distracting. Maybe there could instead be a bleeding ink "border" like in the books?

Also... why are Oathbreaker and Death domain shown in classes as "Anti Paladin" and "Evil High Priest"? These terms are out-of-date and I don't find they match the spirit of those class options.

Liking it a lot so far! The item forge and tables are very useful, even to prepare paper homegames.

damned
December 11th, 2015, 10:20
Anyone else, have this?

2e - is the campaign name POTA Friday Noon/DD Dungeon Masters Guide? if so - that / might not be doing you any favours.

damned
December 11th, 2015, 10:25
Honestly, I'm disappointed by this. At the moment, I find the new style much more distracting. Maybe there could instead be a bleeding ink "border" like in the books?

Also... why are Oathbreaker and Death domain shown in classes as "Anti Paladin" and "Evil High Priest"? These terms are out-of-date and I don't find they match the spirit of those class options.

Liking it a lot so far! The item forge and tables are very useful, even to prepare paper homegames.

You could create your own decals with the desired effect if you like -

Links to the Decal Tutorial and Download as well as some other links:
https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Mask_Decal_Class.pdf
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/mydecals.ext

Moon Wizard
December 11th, 2015, 20:08
rob2e,

You will not want to directly share the whole DMG module to the players. It contains way too many graphics, and the FG client will attempt to load them all into memory with the current architecture and cause crash conditions. This is why the Force Load option was removed.

You'll need to use the Clear Cache button (nuclear symbol button) on the Join Game launch screen to clear up the player cache on your machine, and then turn the DMG back to Block permission.

You can still share individual records as needed.

Regards,
JPG

spite
December 12th, 2015, 07:27
Is anyone else unable to move the dice tower again?

spite
December 12th, 2015, 08:53
Another bug, using item identification, we have had unidentified items show up in the party inventory window as their full identified name, even though they are currently unidentified and showing correctly in the characters inventory.

Zacchaeus
December 12th, 2015, 09:52
Is anyone else unable to move the dice tower again?

I forget, was that ever fixed? I've noted it in the bugs list

Another bug, using item identification, we have had unidentified items show up in the party inventory window as their full identified name, even though they are currently unidentified and showing correctly in the characters inventory.

Yes, this was reported elsewhere.

Thanks for reporting these; if you note anything else please keep posting.

spite
December 12th, 2015, 13:08
I forget, was that ever fixed? I've noted it in the bugs list

Yes, this was reported elsewhere.

Thanks for reporting these; if you note anything else please keep posting.

I don't know if the dice tower was officially fixed, but after we all updated to 3.1.5 we were able to move it in the 5e ruleset for a couple of sessions, but now it reverted back.

Zacchaeus
December 12th, 2015, 14:39
I don't know if the dice tower was officially fixed, but after we all updated to 3.1.5 we were able to move it in the 5e ruleset for a couple of sessions, but now it reverted back.

In fact the ability to move the dice tower goes back to 3.1.2. but I remember there was a problem becasue there was no option showing up on the radial menu when you right clicked on it. As you say that has returned.

rob2e
December 12th, 2015, 22:44
rob2e,

You will not want to directly share the whole DMG module to the players. It contains way too many graphics, and the FG client will attempt to load them all into memory with the current architecture and cause crash conditions. This is why the Force Load option was removed.

You'll need to use the Clear Cache button (nuclear symbol button) on the Join Game launch screen to clear up the player cache on your machine, and then turn the DMG back to Block permission.

You can still share individual records as needed.

Regards,
JPG

Ah. The ol' individual records ploy. Got it. ThaX much Moon.

ShadoWWW
December 13th, 2015, 20:45
DD MM Monster Manual - Ancient Brass Dragon
Legendary Resitance (3/Day) contains also Actions, Multiattack.

spite
December 13th, 2015, 21:43
Hoard of the Dragon Queen, https://puu.sh/lUqOp/2df7e7120f.jpg
The ambush and guard drake used to have images linked in the other tab, but appear to have been mislaid. The images can still be manually searched in the images section of the library module.

Zacchaeus
December 13th, 2015, 22:13
Hoard of the Dragon Queen, https://puu.sh/lUqOp/2df7e7120f.jpg
The ambush and guard drake used to have images linked in the other tab, but appear to have been mislaid. The images can still be manually searched in the images section of the library module.

DD MM Monster Manual - Ancient Brass Dragon
Legendary Resitance (3/Day) contains also Actions, Multiattack and Fristful Presence.

Thanks for reporting. All noted

ShadoWWW
December 13th, 2015, 22:25
One more found.
DD MM Monster Manual - Chain devil
Multiattack contains more text than it should.

Zacchaeus
December 13th, 2015, 22:30
One more found.
DD MM Monster Manual - Chain devil
Multiattack contains more text than it should.

Yep, looks like some text is duplicated from the next section.

Thanks for reporting

ShadoWWW
December 16th, 2015, 09:53
DD MM Monster Manual - Ghost
In Withering Touch, there should be "the target also ages 1d4 × 10 years" instead of "the target also ages 1d4 + 10 years".

Zacchaeus
December 16th, 2015, 11:25
In Withering Touch, there should be "the target also ages 1d4 × 10 years" instead of "the target also ages 1d4 + 10 years".

Thanks for reporting.

midas
December 16th, 2015, 13:29

My book shows that under Horrifying Visage, not Withering Touch. Is it under Withering Touch in the FG MM?

Zacchaeus
December 16th, 2015, 14:08
My book shows that under Horrifying Visage, not Withering Touch. Is it under Withering Touch in the FG MM?

It is, correctly, in Horrifying Visage. The OP was slightly mistaken but I didn't think it worth pointing out :)