PDA

View Full Version : Steam and Mac use questions

Mavrik6666
April 10th, 2015, 10:42
Looking at FG , and some question pop up.

I use two computers, desktop at home, and mac laptop on the road.. sometimes we play as a group and some of us are in hotels.

Are content and licences bought by an individual ? If I buy FG, and say the 5e content, can I use it on my desktop and laptop, its all accessed though steam account

and, if as a DM I buy the ultimate licence, they are licenced by me to use FG, is this accessed though the demo application?. I notice on steam there is a £30 (UK) cost for the FG application for mac but not sure what this is for, as I thought it was subscription based

thoughts ?

Mav

Trenloe
April 10th, 2015, 11:04
You have two options to buy - a monthly subscription or a one off cost. The costs you see on Steam are the one off costs. You then have to choose if you want the full or ultimate licence.

What you purchase is owned by you as a single user - you can't transfer the license/product to other users. SmiteWorks have said that it is OK for an individual user to switch between computers as long as the product is only being used on one computer at a time.

If you get the ultimate licence this allows anyone to connect to you, whether they have a licence or not; and while they're connected to you the players get access to any of your products you choose to share with them.