PDA

View Full Version : Errors in pregenerated characters that come with the Lost Mine of Phandelver package

Himajin
April 10th, 2015, 01:33
There seems to be quite a few problems with the pregenerated characters that come in the Lost Mine of Phandelver package. They don't match the characters that come with the actual Starter Set.

1.) Skill and Saving Throw proficiencies don't appear to have been configured

2.) Dexterity mod seems to be added twice to Initiative attribute (once under "Dex", again under "Misc")

3.) Speed seems to have been doubled for each character (Base speed under "Base" again under "Misc"

4.) Armor class values have not been entered

5.) HP values have not been entered

There may be others, but these were the issues that stood out to me initially. For newcomers to D&D/Fantasy Grounds, it would help if the pregenerated characters were fully set up to start with.

jwalker433
August 17th, 2015, 15:54
How do you get access to the pregenerated characters since characters are created in a campaign (not a module) and the Lost Mine of Phandelver is a module.

ddavison
August 17th, 2015, 16:09
The issues above were corrected some time ago, but you get access to the pregen characters when you open the PC selection and have the module loaded in your library. There are a listing of pregens in a sub-section of the window there. Just drag them into the PC selection window and drop them.

sturtus
November 19th, 2016, 03:22
Hate to dig up an old issue, but when opening up LMoP in Library, going to Pregen Characters, then hitting the + button, I get the following error. The Basic Rules and PHB Deluxe were loaded:

[ERROR] One or more data records (features, traits, inventory, spells) were unable to be loaded. Please ensure that your Player's Handbook or Basic Rules - Player modules are loaded; and re-add the pregen character.

sturtus
November 19th, 2016, 03:23
That said, they DID actually appear in the PC selection box.

JohnD
November 19th, 2016, 05:21
Hate to dig up an old issue, but when opening up LMoP in Library, going to Pregen Characters, then hitting the + button, I get the following error. The Basic Rules and PHB Deluxe were loaded:

[ERROR] One or more data records (features, traits, inventory, spells) were unable to be loaded. Please ensure that your Player's Handbook or Basic Rules - Player modules are loaded; and re-add the pregen character.

I think this relates to non-standard items (like trinkets) in each inventory. The error is thrown but the PC is loaded fine.

MarianDz
November 19th, 2016, 09:59
Hi Sturtus,
It is known problem which is on list for corrections.
It happened when you have enabled Items Identification in Options (cog wheel)
I has same question as you see my post #224 and answer then on #226

link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34656-5e-Bug-Reports-(Continued)&p=301285&viewfull=1#post301285

Gaddiel
December 27th, 2018, 16:03
As the previous poster, I hate to dig up an OLD thread, but I'm a new FG subscriber and this is still happening, now more than 5 years later.

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2018, 16:18
As the previous poster, I hate to dig up an OLD thread, but I'm a new FG subscriber and this is still happening, now more than 5 years later.

I just tested and the pregens load without error. Make sure that you have the Player's Handbook open when you load them in otherwise you will get a message saying that you don't have the requisite resources.

If you are seeing some other kind of error can you let me know what the error is.

Gaddiel
December 27th, 2018, 22:02
I just tested and the pregens load without error. Make sure that you have the Player's Handbook open when you load them in otherwise you will get a message saying that you don't have the requisite resources.

If you are seeing some other kind of error can you let me know what the error is.

Thanks for their reply, Zacchaeus! I am still seeing the error: "[ERROR] One or more data records (features, traits, inventory, spells) were unable to be loaded. Please ensure that your Player's Handbook or Basic Rules - Player modules are loaded and re-add the pregen character."

I do not own the Player's Handbook module, but the error indicates I don't need it. I should also be ok with the Basic Rules, right? (I DO have the Basic Rules loaded.) This also corresponds to what I'm seeing in the LMoP module. If the full Player's Handbook is required, this should be made more clear. I purchased a FG subscription and the LMoP module based on the assumption that I didn't' need it to run LMoP.

BTW, don't know if this is true or not, but I've read other replies saying that the error is only cosmetic, due to an identification box being checked in the options? If that's true, I'm okay with that. Just wanted to let someone know that the error definitely is still coming up. It's also entirely possible that the error is being caused by something I'm doing...

Sorry to sound nit-picky. I think I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed at being a brand new GM, having to prep for my first adventure, and having to learn the FG interface all at once. Thanks for you help!

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2018, 22:21
You will get the error with just the basic rules because not everything in the PHB is in the basic rules. Most of what causes the error is inventory items as far as I can see. The items appear in the inventory ok, but they won't have some of the information such as costs, weights and descriptions. For whatever reason the pregenerated characters have inventory items that didn't appear in the basic rules. None of this will affect gameplay however.

Gaddiel
December 28th, 2018, 02:22
You will get the error with just the basic rules because not everything in the PHB is in the basic rules. Most of what causes the error is inventory items as far as I can see. The items appear in the inventory ok, but they won't have some of the information such as costs, weights and descriptions. For whatever reason the pregenerated characters have inventory items that didn't appear in the basic rules. None of this will affect gameplay however.

Got it, thanks again!