PDA

View Full Version : giving players access to the character portraits and pogs

msouthward
April 9th, 2015, 22:42
i have the ultimate license and the DD PHB deluxe but we cant figure out how to give my players access to the extra character portraits that come with the PHB or to the character pogs so they can choose their own. Ive tried sharing the token bag but its not showing up for them at all.

michael

JohnD
April 9th, 2015, 22:58
Have you set the PHB to be shared with them?

msouthward
April 9th, 2015, 23:06
yes ive tried setting up the PHB to share and ive tried setting it to force load. its the same with the character pogs. They can see the PHB and access the reference material in it but they are only able to see the basic few character portraits and so far have been unable to choose any pogs at all unless i assign them to them myself. Does it matter that they are running demo versions even though im running ultimate?

JohnD
April 9th, 2015, 23:33
No. On their character sheet Main tab, upper right corner should be a circle... they should click on that to open the portrait selection. At least that's how it works in all the other rulesets.

Nickademus
April 9th, 2015, 23:42
Unless I'm mistaken, portraits are only pulled from the hard drive of the client. So the player can only access the portraits on their own machine. But a GM can set the portrait of a character him/herself using the stock on his/her machine. What I do is create an image of all the available portraits I have and share the image with the players. They pick a portrait and I set it on their character sheet.

As for the pogs, I believe you have to have them in a folder called 'shared' in the 'tokens' folder in the FG appdata folder (or wherever you put it).

Andraax
April 10th, 2015, 00:43
I just let my players do their own portraits. I have had players that changed their portraits several times per session (normal clothes when they're in town, armor when they're adventuring, etc).

msouthward
April 10th, 2015, 02:26
ok i have the shared folder you speak of. My first question i guess is, is it possible for me to share the collection of character pogs that come with FG ultimate. I tried copying the file i found named character pogs into the shared folder and still nothing is coming up. so i assume only images files will show up and the character pog file is a module file so thats why it doesnt work.

Moon Wizard
April 11th, 2015, 06:23
At this point, only the portraits available on each user's machine are available for the individual players to choose. The GM can choose for any character in the campaign, and the players can choose for their own characters. Portrait packs and portraits from products acquired through the FG store are not shareable.

You can add a feature request to our wish list in my sig.

Regards,
JPG

msouthward
April 11th, 2015, 18:53
thank you for the replies guys. yeah that is what i figured moon i just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing something. I will definatly add to the wish list.