PDA

View Full Version : Missing Story content in Official Lost Mine of Phandelver module

neologiker
April 9th, 2015, 06:39
I've just purchased LMoP along with the PHB Deluxe Pack. After poking around a bit, I discovered that if I try to access the story content for "Part 2: Phandalin", it doesn't appear to exist. When I navigate through Story > Contents > Part 2: Phandalin, FG opens a blank window with <<New Story>> in the title and "click to enter text" in the body area. Is there supposed to be something here?

I found that if I opened up the map of Phandalin and held CTRL to view the pins, that I could click on the pins there and see content that way. Shouldn't it accessible in both places?

Thanks!

neologiker

damned
April 9th, 2015, 11:57
It should - it looks like a bug. Its a brand shiny new release and bound to have a couple more yet... keep reporting them so they can get patched. My advice in general - USE THE PINS! They are so much easier and more intuitive - the players are about to enter the big room - click the pin(s) and see what is in store for them...

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-12.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

neologiker
April 9th, 2015, 14:25
Thanks, damned. Good to have confirmation that I'm not crazy!

I don't have the module in front of me right now, but I recall an issue in the introduction, when the players are on their way from Neverwinter. There is some plain text sandwiched by 2 read-out-loud sections, something like, "You've been traveling for a couple days without incident". It looks like it should also be read-out-loud.

Gotta say, this looks pretty great so far. Can't wait to run my second group through this module and see how it compares to my Excel spreadsheets ;-)

neologiker

Zeus
April 10th, 2015, 00:44
I've just purchased LMoP along with the PHB Deluxe Pack. After poking around a bit, I discovered that if I try to access the story content for "Part 2: Phandalin", it doesn't appear to exist. When I navigate through Story > Contents > Part 2: Phandalin, FG opens a blank window with <<New Story>> in the title and "click to enter text" in the body area. Is there supposed to be something here?

I found that if I opened up the map of Phandalin and held CTRL to view the pins, that I could click on the pins there and see content that way. Shouldn't it accessible in both places?

Thanks!

neologiker

Thanks for reporting the issue. I have found the problem and will address for the next update.

hereander
April 12th, 2015, 16:02
Same problem seems to exist with the links from the Quests to other story sections.
Finding Cragmaw Castle -> Triboar Trail -> New Story

hereander
April 12th, 2015, 16:06
In chapter P2 - 05 Tresendar Manor clicking on Redbrand Hideout gives me:
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (story;P2-07.00 Redbrand Hideout : story;P2-07.00 Redbrand Hideout.redbrandhideout@DD Lost Mine of Phandelver)

hereander
April 12th, 2015, 16:16
The list of images in LMoP contains a thumbs.db entry.

Eru the One
April 15th, 2015, 18:58
Story -> P0-08 The Forgotten Realms -> The Sword Coast (DM) links to nothing and I do not see the map in the images directory, just the player map and lores player map.

Underdog
February 10th, 2017, 19:17
Has this been fixed? All the side quests in Part 2 in and around Phandalin are all blank like "The Banshee's Bargain", "Halia's Job Offer", "Orc Trouble" etc, all open windows that are blank and say New Quest. Screen shot attached. I'm running this later so any help would be greatly appreciated or I'll have to make these up lol.17872

Looks like the Quest icons are just not linked to the Story pages. I think I've figured this out.

damned
February 10th, 2017, 21:39
Hey underdog its working fine for me. Have you edited your module? If so you might have to revert changes on those Quest items or on the whole module. Right click for options.

tsemana
February 11th, 2017, 14:18
Has this been fixed? All the side quests in Part 2 in and around Phandalin are all blank like "The Banshee's Bargain", "Halia's Job Offer", "Orc Trouble" etc, all open windows that are blank and say New Quest. Screen shot attached. I'm running this later so any help would be greatly appreciated or I'll have to make these up lol.17872

Looks like the Quest icons are just not linked to the Story pages. I think I've figured this out.

I find the same thing (links from the story entries to the quests open New Quest entries). But, you can get to the quests from the Quests side button and they are all there. I noticed there are 2 'New Quest' entries in that module that I can't delete, and I think those are the ones the links in the story entries goes to.

@damned - how do you revert the module? Not sure where to right-click to find that options.

damned
February 11th, 2017, 15:07
Right click on a changed story in the story list in the list view and you should see a revert option.
For reverting the whole module you would right click on the module in the module activation window.

tsemana
February 14th, 2017, 06:08
Reproduction steps for "missing" quest content (it's not missing at all, but links from Story entries are creating new quests instead of linking properly to the intended quest):

1. Open the Quests Pane
2. Open the Story Pane
3. From the Story Pane, select P2-05.Phandalin Miner's Exchange
4. Ensuring you can see the Quests Pane, click the Quest: Halia's Job Offer Link

Expected Result:
- Halia's Job Offer Quest entry is displayed

Actual Restult:
- A blank <<New Quest>> entry is displayed
- A <<New Quest>> entry is added to the Quest Pane
- Selecting the Edit button at the bottom of the pane does not allow the new entry to be deleted
- A new quest entry is created whenever a quest link is clicked from a story

Hope this helps shake out this bug.

ghilteras
April 1st, 2017, 09:44
Right click on a changed story in the story list in the list view and you should see a revert option.
For reverting the whole module you would right click on the module in the module activation window.

Tried reverting and it does not do anything, the quest links are still broken, any other solution?

Zacchaeus
April 1st, 2017, 10:44
Sorry, the links haven't been fixed yet. It's due to changes in the FG engine and how quests get linked. There will be a patch in due course.