PDA

View Full Version : making a dragon a character

Fortunis
April 9th, 2015, 06:12
my niece is new to D&D and she's expressed interest in possibly playing a dragon character if I run a very small group.being an old school player since back in 1st ed D&D I said no lol but then I started looking in to it to see if I could just in case I changed my mind.maybe I missed something as im new to the FG system but all I can find are basic classes and races for the d20 3.5/pathfinder rule sets.any help is appreciated.im including a complete list of all the FG products ive bought to date,if im missing what I need to make a playable monster race that info to is appreciated.

1 x d20 Modern
1 x Complete Minions for Fantasy Grounds
1 x Arms and Armor v3.5 for Fantasy Grounds
1 x The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds
1 x Summoned Monsters Stats
1 x BRP Basic Creatures
1 x Monsters of Aihrde
1 x The Black Libram of Natarus
1 x Arcana Evolved - Spell Treasury
1 x Legacy of the Dragons
1 x Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved Ruleset
$80.40
8th Apr 2015
1 x Ultimate License Upgrade
1 x The Road to Revolution: The Campaign (PFRPG)
1 x B20: For Rent, Lease, or Conquest
1 x B19: Tower of Screaming Sands
1 x The Tomb of Caragthax
1 x U1: Dark Days in Stoneholme
1 x Winding Caverns
1 x The Graystone Castle
1 x Cobblestone City and Inn
1 x Fantastic Maps - Lairs Pack
1 x Orc Village Map
1 x Map Adventures #1 - Forests & Mountains v2
1 x Orc Arena Map
1 x Ravenlands Mega Bundle Map Pack
1 x ุone's Colorprints #1: Tomb of the Shadow King
1 x ุone's Colorprints #2: Riverside Inn
1 x ุone's Colorprints #3: The Burning Temple
1 x ุone's Colorprints #4: Bridge Gatehouse
1 x ุone's Colorprints #5: Sewers Below
1 x ุone's Colorprints #6: Undersea Caves
1 x ุone's Colorprints #7: Dwarven Excavation
1 x Map Adventures #2 - Plains, Deserts, & Caverns
1 x Gaming Tokens Pack #4: Modern & Sci-Fi Tokens and Portraits
1 x Monsters Token Pack
1 x Trolls, Lizardmen and Rockmen Characters Token Pack
1 x Heroic Characters 5 Token Pack
1 x Heroic Characters 4 Token Pack
1 x Heroic Characters 3 Token Pack
1 x Heroic Characters 2 Token Pack
1 x Heroic Characters 1 Token Pack
1 x Many-Legged Fiends Token Pack
1 x Four-Legged Fiends Token Pack
1 x Two-Legged Fiends Token Pack
1 x Winged Fiends Token Pack
1 x Undead 2 Token Pack
1 x Summoned Helpers Token Pack
1 x Humanoid Monsters Token Pack
1 x Demons and Devils Token Pack
1 x Animals Token Pack
1 x Townsfolk 2 Token Pack
1 x Giants Token Pack
1 x Undead 1 Token Pack
1 x Dragon Kin Token Pack
1 x Goblins and Orcs Token Pack
1 x Brigands Token Pack
1 x Gaming Tokens Pack #3: PCs & NPCs
1 x Gaming Tokens Pack #1: Animals & Aberrations
1 x Gaming Tokens Pack #5: Dragons & Giants
1 x Gaming Tokens Pack #6: Magical Beasts
1 x Gaming Tokens Pack #7: Constructs, Elementals, & Fey
1 x Gaming Tokens Pack #8: Undead & Oozes
1 x Gaming Tokens Pack #9: Monstrous Humanoids & Outsiders
1 x Advanced Bestiary
1 x The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds

Griogre
April 9th, 2015, 07:56
Personally, I would look into the Dragonborn race or a half dragon. It would be very hard to balance a dragon PC with the rest of a party unless they all happened to be dragons too.

Fortunis
April 9th, 2015, 11:42
Personally, I would look into the Dragonborn race or a half dragon. It would be very hard to balance a dragon PC with the rest of a party unless they all happened to be dragons too.

that's what I was thinking as well and on pencil paper it wouldn't be an issue.most dragons start as wyrmlings and don't gain racial hit die they gain class levels with a steep 4 level penalty.but I cant seem to find an option for doing that in this format.but i'd like to have the option.even if it is just to throw a dragon npc with class levels at a party as a boss fight lol.unfortunatly the monster lists I have only seem to have land dragons and a gold/blue/red dragon set of young age and ancient age catagorys.I would have thought someone would have imported the draconomicon from 3.5 surely lol.

and an all pc dragon campaign isn't a bad idea either :D

damned
April 9th, 2015, 11:52
I too would run with the Dragon Born...
If you want to run a Dragon just build the dragon. Spec its stats and its size etc and play it out...

Fortunis
April 9th, 2015, 12:22
ok.guess ill have to get more familiar with the program to do that.i haven't done much with it ince ibought it so im still learning.

Trenloe
April 9th, 2015, 15:04
Fantasy Grounds for 3.5e isn't a character generator. You'll need to manually generate your character and enter the data into a Fantasy Grounds character - the fields you need to fill out are on the player character sheet. Or use an external character generation tool and import into FG - if you use Hero Lab or PCGen you can import the PC using the Character Import tool, some info on that here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/preparing-your-pc-for-fantasy-grounds/

Nylanfs
April 9th, 2015, 17:27
There's also a book called In the Company of Dragon's (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/133090/In-The-Company-of-Dragons-PFRPG&affiliate_id=200170) that might interest you also.

Fortunis
April 9th, 2015, 19:17
There's also a book called In the Company of Dragon's (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/133090/In-The-Company-of-Dragons-PFRPG&affiliate_id=200170) that might interest you also.
cool book.im guessing that's for pencil paper though and not FG?

Fortunis
April 9th, 2015, 19:20
Fantasy Grounds for 3.5e isn't a character generator. You'll need to manually generate your character and enter the data into a Fantasy Grounds character - the fields you need to fill out are on the player character sheet. Or use an external character generation tool and import into FG - if you use Hero Lab or PCGen you can import the PC using the Character Import tool, some info on that here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/preparing-your-pc-for-fantasy-grounds/ thanx that was awesomely helpful.ill give pcgen a shot and see how it works.