PDA

View Full Version : The Princes of the Apocalypse

Treegreen
April 9th, 2015, 06:06
Having thwarted Tiamat, it's time for my players to face a new challenge...

Thanks again to Damned (https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/) and Zeus / Pathfinder People. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?14971-3-5E-Theme-Pathfinder&highlight=pathfinder) There are a couple of small changes between this and my tiamat version, but this is the final form.

JohnD
April 9th, 2015, 16:12
Not sure if I'd give that much away to my players were I DMing, but it does look nice.

Treegreen
April 10th, 2015, 07:07
Not sure if I'd give that much away to my players were I DMing, but it does look nice.

Haha, I am actually planning on using this:

But the elemental evil guys are too cool to not show off in a screen shot!

JohnD
April 10th, 2015, 07:37
Having looked at the background for the better part of 3 hours, I'd personally prefer a primary background colour other than stark bright white. It gets to be too much on the eyes after a bit.

Treegreen
April 10th, 2015, 07:56
Easy enough to do on a custom theme, but the official 5e obviously can't be changed. May be something to recommend to Moon, Zeus, and DDave going forward.

Thought about it some more and the official DMG art is pretty good as a background.

Zeus
April 10th, 2015, 14:14
Very nice guys. You might want to check out the new decoupled desktop Decal functionality we introduced in v3.0.12. You can now register (via a simple extension) a series of decal images that you can then dynamically change between in-game via the campaign game options palette. You can see an example of the functionality in the base 5E ruleset with the new official theme we released - you can select between having nothing, our dragon logo or the D&D 'bug' logo by default. Purchasing additional 5E packs will then extend the official decal pool with new images e.g. buy the MM/PHB/LMoP and you get the front cover artwork added to the decal options.

We've set it up to scale the decal inline with the size of the window - so creating a simple 2048 x 1440px renders a nice size image bang centre of the desktop that looks good at most common desktop sizes - that is unless your running on a 4K or higher panel in which case i'd recommend using /scaleui as well.

Redemption77
August 15th, 2015, 21:55
Hey how is that princes of the apocalypse adventure going? Did you have to do tons of alterations since your players took their characters through Tiamat? Being it starts at 3rd level I assume you upped the ante all the way around. Would love to hear how its going