PDA

View Full Version : 5e Product Launch

DMJBone
April 9th, 2015, 01:12
First off, super excited to see this official 5e support for FG and I'm really looking forward to future products and updates.

Quick questions:

Why is there not an Encounter Builder in the Monster Pack?
Where are Magic Items?
And (possibly related to first two questions) - DMG support?

Thanks.

JohnD
April 9th, 2015, 01:24
Not sure what you mean by encounter builder. Just drag monsters from MM into NPCs open Encounters, create new one, drag creatures to there.

Magic likely in DMG which should be ready in late May.

Griogre
April 9th, 2015, 01:31
It doesn't make a lot of sense to put encounters into the Monster Pack as 1) the 5E MM doesn't have them (unlike the 4E one) and 2) in FG typically you would drag and drop the monster to the campaign's NPC list. And then you would drag and drop a monster from the NPC List into an encounter. If that particular encounter used an utterly vanilla monster that you where not going to change at all from the MM version then you could drag and drop the monster directly from the MM into an encounter instead. In the encounter you set the amount of monsters and per-place their tokens on a map. Then during a game you would open the encounter and press the down arrow on the encounter pop up to run the encounter by placing the tokens on the map and in the combat tracker.

Let me know if that answered the question, but basically the MM is fixed reference data and the encounters are custom for that particular situation.

Magic Items are in the DMG in 5E. They're the major "crunch" of the DMG.

ddavison
April 9th, 2015, 01:31
If you open the NPC window, you will see a button on that window to open the Encounter window. You can create encounters there and populate it with different monsters that you drag into it and adjust the # appearing. We don't yet have an auto CR and XP calculator built into the ruleset yet. We expect to add one at some point fairly soon though.

damned
April 9th, 2015, 04:54
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Encounters

DMJBone
April 9th, 2015, 06:26
We don't yet have an auto CR and XP calculator built into the ruleset yet. We expect to add one at some point fairly soon though.

This is what I was asking about - something to help calculate the CR and XP for encounters I wish to create. Thanks - would this be something built into the basic 5e rules - or a separate purchase pack? With regards to magic items - Please, please, please, include Treasure generators.
Thanks! I'll be watching.