PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest for Lost mine of Phandelver game

jhall6766
April 8th, 2015, 19:08
FG License:Gm has Ultimate license
Game System: D & D 5E

Time Zone: Eastern Time
Day of week and time: unknown as of yet
If new game, planned start date: 4/28/15 ????
Planned Frequency: Every other week
Term: Possible long term

Text or Voice: Voice & Chat
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 to 5
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: Only core races and classes

Details of your scenario: Five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as Phandelver’s Pact, by which they would share in a rich mine, in a wondrous hidden cavern. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge, where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin (pronounced fan-du h-lin) prospered as well. Then disaster struck! Orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path. To make matters worse They were reinforced by evil mercenary wizards, lust for power and riches in their eyes.

In a ferocious battle, they attacked. Goodly Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the prized cavern. After it was all said and done, the ensuing battle destroyed much of the cavern, and few survived the cave-ins and tremors. The location of the cavern was lost through the ages.

**** Introductory game being ran by a Novice DM. ****

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1380

YourSwordisMine
April 8th, 2015, 23:07
I might possibly be interested. I too am EST, so that is good. It depends on when really. I'm in a RL Friday night game, but any other night (or day if after 1pm) would be good.

I have headset/mic but no webcam. I can do TeamSpeak, Mumble, Ventrillo, Skype, or Google Hangouts.

I only have the Free client right now. I'm signed up to play in the FG-Con to see how I like it and I'll probably sub an account after that.

jhall6766
April 9th, 2015, 00:32
Currently it looks like either a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday evening game.... I also run a C & C game on Friday nights which is every other week..So Fridays are currently off the schedule.... So your RL game is safe....Im an Ultimate license holder so anyone can play in my games..

JohnD
April 9th, 2015, 01:00
Start/end times? Saturday evening every 2nd week probably would work... probably.

YourSwordisMine
April 9th, 2015, 01:05
Start/end times? Saturday evening every 2nd week probably would work... probably.

Mostly they come at night. Mostly...

;)

jhall6766
April 9th, 2015, 01:20
Im thinking of either 7pm to 10pm / 8pm to 11pm with the ability to extend the game an hour if needed...This will be every other Saturday...
YourSwordisMine if your interested dont forget to sign up on the game calendar page...
JohnD It would be great to have someone with your vast experience using FG in the group...

YourSwordisMine
April 9th, 2015, 01:25
Im thinking of either 7pm to 10pm / 8pm to 11pm with the ability to extend the game an hour if needed...This will be every other Saturday...
YourSwordisMine if your interested dont forget to sign up on the game calendar page...
JohnD It would be great to have someone with your vast experience using FG in the group...

Did I do that right?

So game would be on Saturdays 7-8 to 10-11?

the 28th at 8 would be a character creation session?

jhall6766
April 9th, 2015, 01:46
Yes, You did that correctly, Yes games will be every other Saturday Night either starting at 7pm to end at 10pm or 8pm to end at 11pm.. (The actual start time will be decided by the group)... The 28th was going to be an informal meet and greet with discussion about whether we use the pregens that came with the mod or create characters..Also 28th would give us all a chance to communicate our expectations associated with the game..Almost the entire party is brand new to fantasy grounds. Most have signed up in the last week or so.. As stated within the game description Im a Novice Dm and this is currently a new rule system for me as well..

zenile
April 9th, 2015, 05:10
I applied to this game on the calendar. If its a Saturday game, then I'll be available.

YourSwordisMine
April 9th, 2015, 08:17
As far as Characters go, I am a bit old school in that I prefer to play whatever my dice rolls say I can. I roll first, and then base my character race and class around that.

I'm also willing to play a pre-gen, but making one always makes it your own and not someone else's. There is more immersion that way IMHO.

jhall6766
April 9th, 2015, 20:06
Wow , I wasnt expecting to fill this group out so quickly... Recruitment is currently closed for this game...All that has been accepted either has received an pm from me or will be shortly... Thank you all for maing this game a possibility and giving a Novice DM a chance... Im looking forward to gaming with you all... All future communications will be done via the calendar Game page....

YourSwordisMine
April 9th, 2015, 20:25
We all started somewhere. I've been gaming 31 years, but I rarely D/GM. I myself am trying to change that, so I am pretty new at it myself.

jhall6766
April 9th, 2015, 20:46
Thank You for the understanding... I used to DM a lot 20 or so years ago.. Forgotten Realms and Dark Sun were amongst my favorite settings... But this is all new to me especially with the VTT so its like starting all over again..Im looking forward to it though... I also have a C&C friday night game that just started about a week ago..

YourSwordisMine
April 9th, 2015, 21:07
5e has resparked my interest in Forgotten Realms somewhat. We played a lot with 1e and the Grey Box, but as the novels became such a "thing" I lost interest because I felt there was less and less room for the players to be heroes with the likes of Drizizizt and Elminister running around...

I was always a fan of Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights, so with 5e emphasis on the Sword Coast area its got me jazzed a bit. I've heard wonderful things about the Phandelver module, and I am looking forward to playing it.

jhall6766
April 9th, 2015, 21:13
Lol reading through the LMOP mod has me really excited about both playing it as well as running it... It seems to harken back to the 2e days prior to the novels... Ive also been reading articles about the other Modules that are in the process of being ported to Fg and am really excited about the direction it seems to be going...

jhall6766
April 10th, 2015, 12:37
Hello all ,
There are some things up for discussion on the game calendar page... Please check in and add your input.. One of the decisions that will be forthcoming is the manner in which we do the Character Generation.. Since this will impact everybodies character I value your input..The next decision is in regards to a game start date... SO check the page and lets see where everybody stands in regards to both..

The game calendar page is at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1380