PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on the Product Launch!

HoloGnome
April 8th, 2015, 15:09
Congratulations on the D&D 5E content licensing, integration and launch! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/buyFG/DungeonsAndDragons.html)

ddavison
April 8th, 2015, 15:13
Thanks HoloGnome.

Patou
April 9th, 2015, 19:51
Congrats guys!... Looking awesome! Really happy for you guys!

Zeus
April 9th, 2015, 19:58
Thanks Patou. Happy D&D gaming to everyone.

Dracones
April 10th, 2015, 19:15
Yeah guys, big congrats! I'm sure a lot of hard work went into getting everything up and ready for 5e and negotiating with WoTC over the licensing. Really glad to see it happening and can't wait to see what other content you bring out for 5e.

AstaSyneri
April 11th, 2015, 23:16
Congratulations as well - not my game system, but for Fantasy Grounds as a system this is huge. It will help all of us in the long run!

xKrisx
April 11th, 2015, 23:48
Now with the changes involving the sale of 5E content, do you think there is any way of getting something going to licence out the old school AD&D and 2E stuff? I'm all for going the C&C.. But it's not D&D. Which is what I really want like many others I'm sure. If you build it they will come kind of thing.. Lol.

But in all seriousness. Some of my best memories were of 2E. It would be nice to see a resurrection of it on here. So much content and all the different settings. And I like C&C, I just want to play 2E. The rule set for it is a bit confusing and I wouldn't even know where to start putting in 2E stuff for to make a module. Putting things in one by one seems like the only option. There is no parser or tutorial I see that refers much to 2E in FG.
I tried making a char, and fooling around with 2E a bit, Adding an Arakocra to the NPC's and then putting them in the combat tracker. I couldn't put the character in.. Lol.. So I don't really know what is going on.

But anyway, it would be awesome if Smiteworks could get in on doing 2E stuff. I know they just got the right to do 5E but I think it's something to think about.

ddavison
April 11th, 2015, 23:51
I would like to do some of the older sets. I would have to refresh my memory of 2E. I like it at the time but I really can't remember all the details. Playing Spelljammer on FG would be pretty sweet, especially if we could automate a bunch of the space combat stuff.

-Doug

xKrisx
April 12th, 2015, 07:28
I do agree Doug. It would be nice to see...

Now Available, Every D&D product Now Available in the FG store!! At some point. Or something along those lines. Spelljammer would be crazy fun. All the different settings and themes that could be made available.
A guy can dream... Lol

Nylanfs
April 12th, 2015, 14:50
Pathjammwr

Fugl
April 17th, 2015, 16:49
It is awesome. we will buy it all. When rise of tiamat is released.

drvolk
April 23rd, 2015, 15:40
Maybe you should update the Wiki entry for the "5E ruleset":

...It currently is only available for beta testing; as the ruleset is based on the October play test rules. See the Laboratory Forum for more details on beta testing.
Wizards of the Coast does not license any content for 5E D&D at this time. ...

joshuha
April 29th, 2015, 15:45
Still lurk around here occasionally and just wanted to say Congrats as well.

ddavison
April 29th, 2015, 15:46
Still lurk around here occasionally and just wanted to say Congrats as well.

Thanks Joshuha.

Nylanfs
April 29th, 2015, 15:49
BTW Doug, have you heard anything from the original owners. I'm curious as to how they view the news.

JohnD
May 2nd, 2015, 02:42
Would it be impertinent to ask if there's an eta on the PotA adventure?

Nylanfs
May 2nd, 2015, 02:58
Soon(TM)

Loucifer
May 2nd, 2015, 12:34
While we're being impertinent, how about the DMG? :D

ddavison
May 2nd, 2015, 16:23
Data-wise, the DMG is pretty much done. I would really like to implement some new code and functionality for a few of the elements, but perhaps we could release it as a data-complete version and then release future updates. Would that be of interest to people?

I generally like for people to be able to see exactly what they are getting instead of getting promises of potential future features... but that could just be my preference.

Princes of the Apocalypse still has a lot more work to do. It's taking quite a while and we've been addressing issues with bug-fixes of the currently released products and dealing with a bigger influx of new users and potential customers with questions, which has delayed it some. No ETA yet.

Talen
May 2nd, 2015, 16:28
Might HOTDQ be more imminent?

JohnD
May 2nd, 2015, 16:42
Yeah, I'd wait for features complete. There are enough ... individuals ... insulting everyone's intelligence claiming everything is too complicated or expecting you to work for free.

ddavison
May 2nd, 2015, 16:58
HOTDQ is currently undergoing revisions from the review process with WOTC. We have fixed most of the issues and have one more that needs to be addressed before we resubmit it.

Loucifer
May 3rd, 2015, 21:07
I'm good with waiting until its ready. Appreciate the progress report. :D

Dracones
May 3rd, 2015, 21:32
While it'd be nice to get a data version of the DMG for things like magic items and what not, the release itself might get attention/reviews and people are probably going to expect some features and rule extensions with it.

So I'd hold off until it's feature complete. Unless you want beta testers/early adopters. Then you could just mark it as an early release/beta in the store. People are sort of used to that model these days(steam early release).

JohnD
May 3rd, 2015, 21:49
My reason for asking is that I plan on paying for the content one time; the FG version.