PDA

View Full Version : FGII Lite License able to purchase content?

Ferghis
April 8th, 2015, 01:49
I was hoping I could activate my old license in Steam, but it says my license is an invalid license code. It's not a huge issue, but it's something I'm curious about.

Hey, am I allowed to buy content with the old FGII Lite license I got in 2011?

ddavison
April 8th, 2015, 02:37
The Lite license has been deprecated and wasn't brought over to Steam for activation as a result. It still applies for the upgrade to full. You should be able to buy from our store, although many of the products are targeted for a Full license of FG.

Ferghis
April 8th, 2015, 02:48
> It still applies for the upgrade to full.

It partially applies, it seems: I still have to pay $20 to upgrade, even though I paid $23 for it, and the full license currently costs $39.

> ... although many of the products are targeted for a Full license of FG.

Does that mean that some portions of products would not activate or be usable with my lite license?

ddavison
April 8th, 2015, 02:51
The player packs should all work fine. The Monster Packs and Adventure packs would not, of course.

Trenloe
April 8th, 2015, 02:52
Does that mean that some portions of products would not activate or be usable with my lite license?
You can only create demo campaigns with a lite licence, not full blown campaigns that multiple players can connect to and the data is saved - i.e. the lite licence is not aimed at a GM running a campaign. Therefore, the GM orientated products (adventures, themes for a campaign, etc.) are aimed at the full licence not the lite licence. You could use them, but only in a limited way.

damned
April 8th, 2015, 04:57
> It still applies for the upgrade to full.

It partially applies, it seems: I still have to pay $20 to upgrade, even though I paid $23 for it, and the full license currently costs $39.

and upgrading most products costs slightly more than buying the upgraded product outright initially... its just the way it is...

Ferghis
June 14th, 2015, 15:37
First, thanks to everyone for helping me sort this out. Really: I appreciate it.

Two more questions.

Is the upgrade discounted with the current sale? Can I upgrade my (old & deprecated) lite license for $16?

The player packs should all work fine. The Monster Packs and Adventure packs would not, of course.
So, if I build a Ranger or Druid, I can't grab and use creatures from the Monster Pack - Beasts (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EMMBEAS), correct? But I could if I upgraded to the full license?

ddavison
June 14th, 2015, 15:40
It is currently on sale as well for 30% off. $13.99 gets your license upgraded to a Full license. You could use the creatures from the beasts pack with an upgraded license.