PDA

View Full Version : pointer location error

licktoren
April 5th, 2015, 18:16
on random story items that i create the mouse starts to click 2-6 lines below where the pointer is. if i use the arrow keys up does nothing, the side arrows work normally, and the down arrow goes two lines instead of one. this only effects the specific story items and nothing else. when i make a new story item it doesn't have the error, but if i go back to the old one the problem is still persistent even after closing FG down and starting up again.

any ideas what might create this type of error or some way to fix it? for the most part it happens when i am half way done editing a segment so i just keep going and ignore the error but it is very annoying to have happen.

licktoren
April 5th, 2015, 18:20
so just tried copy and pasting the whole thing and it looks to have resolved the issue, still would be interested to find out if anyone knows why this happens. im guessing that its something im doing with mouse clicks or something.

--
never mind, the error came back as soon as i started putting the paragraph settings back in.

Trenloe
April 5th, 2015, 18:40
What ruleset and extensions does this occur in?

Could you have a look at the offending entry in the campaign db.xml file and perhaps post here?

Moon Wizard
April 5th, 2015, 22:00
It's probably a FG issue related to the specific way that your story text is laid out.

If you see it again and it's consistent every time you edit, please shoot me a copy of your campaign folder zipped up to [email protected], and tell me which story entry is the issue.

Thanks,
JPG

licktoren
April 5th, 2015, 22:34
its with the Pathfinder ruleset. and i just did another test and when i removed the Chat frame the pointer and arrows worked normally. then when i put the chat frames back in the cursor went to the next line

<id-00233>
<locked type="number">0</locked>
<name type="string">Level 13 M12. The Grim Guardian</name>
<text type="formattedtext">
<frame>This stark and barren cave features a 20-foot-wide shaft with a levitating stone platform floating in the middle. Facing the pit is a stone seat big enough for an ogre.</frame>
<p>If the PCs don’t surprise the devourer,</p>
<frame>The massive form on the throne regards them with terrible, burning eyes.</frame>
<frame><frameid></frameid>“You are fools to venture here, mortals,” it rumbles. “My master bids me to guard this way, and guard it I shall. You have found nothing but death.”</frame>
<frame>The smaller skeletons around the throne begin to stir!</frame>
<p>The stone seat is a throne carved from rock. The pit is described in more detail in Descent to the Next Level. Jumping from the edge of the pit to the levitating stone requires only a successful DC 5 Acrobatics check, but the penalty for failure is severe, since it is a long way down.</p>
<p><b>Creatures: </b></p>
<p>Here, a cold and pitiless soul stands its neverending watch. Murthok Huul was once a powerful warrior and bodyguard to Nhur Athemon. A favorite of the Azlanti prince before he passed into undeath, Murthok fought alongside his master against many enemies and helped Nhur Athemon pursue foes through the portals in the Emerald Spire dungeons thousands of years ago. The extraplanar travel warped Murthok’s body and consciousness, so when Nhur Athemon became a lich, the wizard decided to turn the loyal bodyguard into a devourer that would serve him for the rest of eternity.If Murthok is alerted to the PCs approach by the sounds If their battle in M5, M6, or M11, he casts lesser planar ally to bring a bearded devil into his service. This devil’s XP is included in Murthok’s total.</p>
<linklist>
<link class="battle" recordname="battle.id-00156">Encounter</link>
<link class="treasureparcel" recordname="treasureparcels.id-00107">Treasure</link>
</linklist>
<p>Murthok begins combat by casting confusion on the party to distract and incapacitate some of the more weak-willed members. He then moves to melee range and uses devour soul. As long as he holds a fresh soul imprisoned, he relies on his energy-draining melee attacks and bestow curse. The skeletons attempt to bull rush enemies into the nearby bottomless pit.</p>
<p><b>Treasure:</b> </p>
<p>Behind Murthok’s throne lies an ancient reminder of his mortal lifetime—his sword Icedrake, a +2 frost longsword. The scabbard has long since rotted to uselessness. The sword seems a rusty old wreck at first glance, but it takes only a moment to knock off the rust.</p>
</text>
</id-00233>

i will zip up the adventure and send it your way. now that i know its the chat frame i can at least edit my story before putting those in and save my self some head ache. there are a few other story items that have the same issue, but i did't write down the numbers.

troymhallman
September 3rd, 2017, 21:43
A similar thing happens to me too. When I'm in-game, the pointer (gold arrow on top of a circle) sometimes is misaligned, i.e. the tip of the arrow no longer selects what I click on--the "activator" is the circle. This is not consistent--most of the time it is fine, but it does pop-up sometimes when I first open FG, but also sometimes is an issue in the middle of a session. I'm on a Mac via Wine and just did a reinstall today because I'm going to try DM'ing soon. As I am watching tutorials and poking around the app, it just started again.

Does anyone else see this and is there a "cure"? I can manage with it as a player, but when I DM it will be a royal pain.

LordEntrails
September 4th, 2017, 02:04
A similar thing happens to me too. When I'm in-game, the pointer (gold arrow on top of a circle) sometimes is misaligned, i.e. the tip of the arrow no longer selects what I click on--the "activator" is the circle. This is not consistent--most of the time it is fine, but it does pop-up sometimes when I first open FG, but also sometimes is an issue in the middle of a session. I'm on a Mac via Wine and just did a reinstall today because I'm going to try DM'ing soon. As I am watching tutorials and poking around the app, it just started again.

Does anyone else see this and is there a "cure"? I can manage with it as a player, but when I DM it will be a royal pain.
Are you maximizing your screen or dragging it to stretch across display? I've heard of other issues when using the maximize window button and wonder if this might be related.

troymhallman
September 4th, 2017, 14:04
Are you maximizing your screen or dragging it to stretch across display? I've heard of other issues when using the maximize window button and wonder if this might be related.
Yes, I guess that explains it. Thanks.