PDA

View Full Version : Raise Calculator/ParryTN Issues

Meliath1742
April 4th, 2015, 17:03
Ok...still kinda new so maybe its me but...

1. My raise calculator isn't working...at all. I can change the TN but it doesn't register any raises. I've tried both the Default and Smart settings. You can see the raises in the combat results but not on the calculator. It used to work...no more.

2. Perhaps this is related, but FG isn't recognizing the targets Parry. It always comes up as Parry Target>4. It IS recognizing the Toughness score. I tried turning off the Raise Calculator just in case but saw no difference.

I am running Rippers but saw the same issue on Daring Tales of the Space Lanes. Do I have a corrupted file?

Ikael
April 4th, 2015, 17:55
First can you use command /version in your campaign and copy-paste results here. That will tell us what extensions and versions you are using so we can analyse issue. I am not able to reproduce any issues with raise calculator atm. Can you tell scenario of the raise calculator issue what you do with it and how do you expect it to do /what output you expected. The same goes with the another issue. target number 4 is used by default unless attacker's weapon is melee, maybe you lack some data?

Meliath1742
April 4th, 2015, 18:22
Sorry Ikael, I'm gonna need more info for running the /version command. What directory should I be in? I tried going to my campaign folder from the command prompt but it didn't recognize the /version command. I found the XML file under the file "campaign" but doubt that's what your wanting.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
-<root version="3.0">
<ruleset>SavageWorlds</ruleset>
<username>GM</username>
</root>

As far as what my expectation for the raise calculator...I was under the impression that it would show raises anytime you dropped dice on a target icon and the result exceeded the targets Parry or Toughness. From your statement above are you saying it only works with melee attacks? I wasn't aware of that.

JohnD
April 4th, 2015, 18:52
I think you just type it into the chat box.

Ikael
April 4th, 2015, 18:53
The /version command must be used inside FG application. First launch your campaign in FG, and then type /version to chat and press enter. It will write results to chat window. Cope-paste all those results here.

Raise Calculator has never accepted dice drops. What you need to do it make your trait/attack/damage roll normally and drag the dice result from chat window into the Raise Calculator. Raise Calculator is extemely simple tool, it just evaluates two values (target and score) and outputs result. Raise calculator doesn't have any targeting features built in.

Targeting and seeing your attack results is another feature non-related to raise calculator tool. This feature will compare attack roll's result to opponent's parry value (in case of melee attack) or 4 (ranged or thrown). The feature will detect attack type by default but you must make sure that your attacker's weapon has that data written in. You can define attack types to your weapons. For instance in PC sheet's attack section each attack has grey circle on right side which opens detailed attack information, you can define type there to be one of the following: Melee, Ranged, Thrown. You must make sure these are set for you PCs and NPCs.

Meliath1742
April 4th, 2015, 19:07
I apologize...I certainly didn't understand the simplicity of the Raise Calculator. My bad. Here's the info you requested.

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.0.2 (Build 1)
SW NPC Maker version 0.9 (Build 4)
Fantasy Companion Extension version 1.0 (Build 1)
Rippers Extension version 2.2 (Build 2)
Adventure Deck version 1.4.0 (Build 1)
SW Enhanced Adventure Deck version 0.3 (Build 5)
SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.4 (Build 5)
SW Enhanced Effects version 0.9 (Build 3)
SW Enhanced Library version 1.4 (Build 6)

I suspect I don't have a problem since a lot of the combat was using ranged attacks...thus the target number of 4 coming up. I'll check again and let you know.

Meliath1742
April 4th, 2015, 19:14
Ok...it works exactly as you described. Sorry for the newbie questions. All is good. Really appreciate the quick response...great customer service Ikael;-)

Ikael
April 4th, 2015, 19:16
Ok...it works exactly as you described. Sorry for the newbie questions. All is good. Really appreciate the quick response...great customer service Ikael;-)

Glad to be helpful :)