PDA

View Full Version : non static column labels

heavy3p0
April 3rd, 2015, 21:33
Hello and thanks in advance,
How can i make a column_label not static? i want to be able to rename stress tracks for certain NPC's in the fate ruleset. currently it reads <static textres="char_label_stresstrack1"/>. What can i do to make this text editable? Removing static from the line produces an error and i cannot find an example that uses any other labeling method.

thanks!

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2015, 21:55
If you want to change the string that gets displayed then you can change the relevant <string> entry in strings\strings_campaign.xml

If you want to make the label editable through the GUI, then it will require changing the control definition that's being used to display the control.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2015, 22:09
If you want to make the label editable on a per NPC record basis then change the <label_column> to be something like this:

<stringfield name="physicalLabel">
<anchored height="20">
<top parent="columnanchor" anchor="bottom" relation="current" offset="7" />
<left />
</anchored>
<font>sheetlabel</font>
<nodrag />
<empty textres="char_label_stresstrack1"/>
</stringfield>

This will allow the GM to click on the label and edit it (it defaults to the textres set in the <emplty> tag). This will be stored against the specific NPC record, so you'll need to change it for each NPC record you create.

heavy3p0
April 4th, 2015, 00:34
If you want to make the label editable on a per NPC record basis then change the <label_column> to be something like this:

<stringfield name="physicalLabel">
<anchored height="20">
<top parent="columnanchor" anchor="bottom" relation="current" offset="7" />
<left />
</anchored>
<font>sheetlabel</font>
<nodrag />
<empty textres="char_label_stresstrack1"/>
</stringfield>

This will allow the GM to click on the label and edit it (it defaults to the textres set in the <emplty> tag). This will be stored against the specific NPC record, so you'll need to change it for each NPC record you create.

Thanks Trenloe, this is exactly what i wanted! I plan to use the NPC sheet to represent things in addition to basic enemies, as anything can be represented like a character in Fate.
Thanks Again!

damned
April 4th, 2015, 10:47
Dont know if this helps but if you load the MoreCore extension you can see how the Combat Tracker extra columns can be renamed in the Options.

heavy3p0
April 4th, 2015, 15:25
Dont know if this helps but if you load the MoreCore extension you can see how the Combat Tracker extra columns can be renamed in the Options.

Thanks damned, i will look into that. I'm new to all this programming so any additional resources i can use to reverse engineer code from is always welcome.