PDA

View Full Version : Crashing Problem

Redemption77
April 3rd, 2015, 00:29
Im fully updated and Ive been trying to log in for our game today with no luck. Im able to log in and the test is successful with your server but after Ive been in a few moments to a minute or so Fantasy Grounds crashes. Is this just me or is there an issue right now?

Update to this: It seems its the players logging into me that actually crashes me out

damned
April 3rd, 2015, 05:58
you should have the players make sure they are running teh same version as you - eg you should all be up to date on the current version.
have the players connect one at a time until you can find out which one it is. have them delete their cache for this particular game only.

Redemption77
April 3rd, 2015, 17:00
I did this, both are up to date and both have made me crash

I will have them attempt to delete their cache and then try again

Redemption77
April 3rd, 2015, 17:36
How do they clear the cache for just fg? The game we were going to play no one has played yet so they shouldnt have anything in the cache

Also another player attempted to make a game and when I attempted to enter that I crashed then as well

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2015, 19:33
Try running FG as administrator - right-click on the FG startup shortcut and select "Run As Administrator".

If that doesn't help, look in the console.log file in the <FG App Data> directory (accessible from the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen). See if there are any errors reported there.

If you haven't rebooted your PC, try that. Try a re-install.

Moon Wizard
April 3rd, 2015, 20:19
It would be great to get a copy of your campaign directory. Also, if you know which player joining is the one causing issue, or if any player joining does it, that would help.

You can send to [email protected]

Regards,
JPG

Redemption77
April 4th, 2015, 16:16
Right now Im not going to worry about any of these options as Im getting a new computer and will have a fresh reinstall of FG on there and lets hope all goes well. Thanks for all the support and I will in fact keep you informed

damned
April 4th, 2015, 22:39
If you need help troubleshooting this please ping me off list.