PDA

View Full Version : Creating a counterpart to an Adventure Path or Module?

qwortec
April 2nd, 2015, 04:31
I'm almost done creating the fantasy grounds assets to run my players through a slightly modified official module: The Godsmouth Heresy. I have the PDF but have been spending a long time adding the map, encounters, and treasure into FG. I haven't imported any of the text, just the creatures, making sure that they all have usable spell(effects) for things like diseases, poisons, etc.

I made the map myself and I don't think the module in FG contains any copyright info (it's just creature stats and treasure). Once I'm done, can I just export the module for others to use? If so, does anyone else have any of these completed for others to use? You will still need to buy the PDF to play, but it saves you the hours upon hours of prep work to import everything into FG.

Sidenote: I will post my map for the Ossuary in the assets thread here on FG if someone wants it.

damned
April 2nd, 2015, 08:31
if all your content is OGL or your own work you may share it. If it contains OGL you will need to include the OGL license notice. You can just add this as a story entry.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2015, 12:11
What damned says is correct.

Additionally, taking The Godsmouth Heresy as an example, if the scenario is a Paizo product that has been sanctioned for Pathfinder Society play we have permission from Paizo to share the Fantasy Grounds module privately if the person receiving the FG module proves they've purchased the original product. More info, and a list of scenarios people are will to share, here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20244-Private-sharing-of-PFS-scenario-data-available-modules

qwortec
April 3rd, 2015, 01:16
Oh that's pretty nice Tren. I will definitely keep these in mind. Is there a way I can post my conversion up for sharing when it's done?

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2015, 03:29
Is there a way I can post my conversion up for sharing when it's done?
If it's OGL/all your own work (what damned mentions) then post it in the relevant ruleset forum. If it's a PFS conversion that contains Paizo copyright material (artwork, story, etc.) then you can't post the module, all you need to do is post a note in the sharing thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20244-Private-sharing-of-PFS-scenario-data-available-modules) to let us know you're willing to share a specific PFS sanctioned scenario/module/AP.