PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Spire level 3 - Splinterden 10pm UTC April 2nd

xazil
April 1st, 2015, 22:56
With the extra time off for Easter I thought I'd run something not quite in the normal slots.

Venture-Captain Holgarin Smine displays only casual annoyance as he lifts the dried husk of a goblin corpse in one broad dwarven hand and pitches over the side of the Emerald Spire’s outer wall. Far below, Pathfinder agents have begun unloading supplies from Absalom with the intent to make the ruined tower surrounding the Emerald Spire a staging area for future delves. Holgarin, the officer appointed to oversee these efforts, extends his hand to each of you before beginning.

“The Emerald Spire is the latest pet project of the Dark Archive, yet Zarta has made herself understandably scarce when our diplomatic ties to the Hellknights that control Fort Inevitable are tested. As the only standing authority over the Echo Wood and the Emerald Spire, keeping within Lady Commander Drovust’s good graces is a necessary cost of doing business here. As it happens, I have a mission that could serve both us and our Hellknight neighbors.

It’s become clear that the Pathfinder Society is not the only ones occupying the Spire. If we’re to progress further we’ll need to contend with a group that are holed up in the Spire’s third level. We don’t know anything about them, except that if they’re hiding out here then chances are it’s because they don’t want patrols from Fort Inevitable to notice them. The letter of warrant supplied to us by Drovust gives us authority to ‘act in the interest of good order and keep the lady commander’s laws.’

Find out who these squatters are and ensure they’re no longer a threat to our goals of exploring the Emerald Spire. Dumping a few law-breakers into Fort Inevitable’s jail cells won’t do any harm to our relations with the Hellknights either.”

Per other Emerald Spire levels, this should be a single session for level 2-4 characters and will reward 3Xp and 4PP for completion.

Please sign up below with XMLs and your previous chronicle.

Calendar signups at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1375

Farnaby
April 2nd, 2015, 05:56
I'd love to but starting at midnight with a game the same day is a bit too much. :(
Perhaps next time.

xazil
April 2nd, 2015, 06:00
Things keep changing for me on availability wise too. Ill put up an earlier time as well to see if that suits the group as a whole better.

KevenSimmons
April 2nd, 2015, 11:47
Hope I'm not too late to get in on the game. I just now noticed the posting. Chagrek, Dwarven Paladin 2 reporting for duty.

Game time is still 10:00 pm UTC ? I wouldn't be available any earlier if you decide to change it.

xazil
April 2nd, 2015, 12:00
It looks like the later time is the run time as we had locked in some US players who didn't finish work until after that time. Good to have you along.

Blackfoot
April 2nd, 2015, 19:37
I have not done any of the previous levels of this.. would it screw up/give away the story to play them out of order?

xazil
April 2nd, 2015, 21:48
I have not done any of the previous levels of this.. would it screw up/give away the story to play them out of order? Not at this level of depth and skipping levels 1 and 2. No.

Blackfoot
April 2nd, 2015, 22:07
I could get you a character in the next couple minutes if you have a slot open.

xazil
April 2nd, 2015, 22:08
I could get you a character in the next couple minutes if you have a slot open. No problem. Good to have you along.

Blackfoot
April 2nd, 2015, 22:14
Hrm. Rogue or Oracle? Looks like the Rogue might be more useful to this group.. although I can't really see what all the PCs are.

xazil
April 2nd, 2015, 22:17
Paladin, Sorcerer and two druids currently.

xazil
April 2nd, 2015, 22:18
Btw, the server is up and I'm in Teamspeak.

HoloGnome
April 3rd, 2015, 15:42
Thanks for running this one! Great multi-encounter battle at the start, ominous 2nd battle where multiple characters and the animal companion were 1 round from death, and good finish! We were all tapped out...and now we're rich! :D The biggest problem for us seemed to be an high number of bad rolls for a number of us, which are never great, especially when the monsters multi-hit and crit. Lots of fun and very edgy in the middle.

GM BK
April 3rd, 2015, 16:04
Good game last night! Well worth losing a bit of sleep over :)

xazil
April 7th, 2015, 02:04
Thanks for playing guys. Was a fun session.

Here is Chagrek's chronicle, please give me a heads up if you have any issues.

KevenSimmons
April 7th, 2015, 11:15
Got it, and thanks again for running the game. I hope to have a chance to play at your table again sometime.