PDA

View Full Version : IMMUNE: critical

epithet
March 30th, 2015, 21:51
Is this immunity in the 5e effects like it is in 3.5? There is no mention of it in the wiki. I have tried to give the "IMMUNE: critical" effect to things in the combat tracker with no apparent result.

Trenloe
March 30th, 2015, 21:58
Nope. It's not a valid damage type so FG won't recognise it.

Valid damage types (as of 3.0.11) are: "acid", "cold", "fire", "force", "lightning", "necrotic", "poison", "psychic", "radiant", "thunder", "adamantine", "bludgeoning", "cold-forged iron", "magic", "piercing", "silver", "slashing"

epithet
March 30th, 2015, 22:42
So is there any way to add an effect (specifically, to a character with adamantine armor) that renders a combatant immune to criticals, or is the only option to re-roll the attack to clear the crit before I roll the damage on that combatant?

Griogre
March 30th, 2015, 23:35
That is correct if you target the PC using the targeting arrows.

However, if you drag and drop the attack on PC without doing any targeting and then drag and drop the damage onto the PC then crit damage will never be applied. For single attacks I almost never use targeting since its slower to set up than just drag and dropping the attack onto the PC on the tracker, the token on the map or the character portrait in the top left. If you really want to apply crit damage while drag and dropping damage, just hold down the shift key when you drop the damage.