PDA

View Full Version : PF Skills for 3.5e

rhuobhe
March 29th, 2015, 17:08
Hey everyone. Is there an extension or module or simply an easy way to modify the skillset in 3.5 character sheets? Wanted to try out Pathfinder skills (and perhaps modify them a bit) in 3.5 but can't seem to figure out how and forum search didn't help either. Would appreciate some pointers.

Cheers.

Trenloe
March 29th, 2015, 17:20
Hey there and welcome.

You'll need to modify the skilldata table in scripts\data_common.lua in the 3.5E ruleset.

Info on modifying rulesets here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19033-Modifying-the-3-5e-PFRPG-ruleset

Trenloe
March 29th, 2015, 17:21
You can see the format needed for the PF skills in the same script in the PFRPG ruleset (PFRPG.pak).

rhuobhe
March 29th, 2015, 17:29
Sweet, thanks a lot for the quick reply! It's not hard to do after all. If you don't mind another newb question: Would it be hard to do those modificiations in an extension so that I can send that over to my players and not mess with their rulesets? (If I got that correctly.) No experience with scripting whatsoever.

Trenloe
March 29th, 2015, 17:39
Would it be hard to do those modificiations in an extension so that I can send that over to my players and not mess with their rulesets? (If I got that correctly.)
You could put it in an extension. But, any customised ruleset (and extension) code is downloaded from the GM when the players connect, so no need to send any of your customisations to the players; they'll automatically get whatever you have activated when they connect to your GM session.

rhuobhe
March 29th, 2015, 17:46
Sweet. That's great. Thanks for your help! :-D

rhuobhe
March 29th, 2015, 18:52
Another question: PF gives a +3 bonus on skills when you put ranks in a skill & activate the class-skill tickbox. Is it possible to copy-paste this function into 3.5 as well?

Trenloe
March 29th, 2015, 19:05
I think you should just move to playing Pathfinder! ;)

The code you're looking for (to add 3 to a class skills with at least one rank) is in the 3.5e ruleset (the PF ruleset shares 99% of the 3.5E code) in campaign\scripts\manager_char.lua, in the getSkillValue function, lines 612-617:

if DataCommon.isPFRPG() and (nRanks > 0) then
local nState = DB.getValue(nodeSkill, "state", 0);
if nState == 1 then
nValue = nValue + 3;
end
end

rhuobhe
March 29th, 2015, 19:49
I think you should just move to playing Pathfinder! ;)

I know right? :D New to FG and never played PF before so I didn't want to tackle them both at the same time. So much for not tackling I guess...

Anyways, I've even tried using Notepad++ but still couldn't figure out how to edit that code into doing what I want. Any tips? Excuse the noobness :S

Trenloe
March 29th, 2015, 19:56
Just remove DataCommon.isPFRPG() and from the if DataCommon.isPFRPG() and (nRanks > 0) then statement. This is basically a flag to see if the PFRPG ruleset is being used or the base 3.5E - you'll see this in a few places in the 3.5E ruleset code where PFRPG differs from 3.5E.

rhuobhe
March 29th, 2015, 20:09
Hmm deleting that part was what I initially tried and failed. I've double checked it again now and it doesn't seem to work for me. :confused:

Trenloe
March 29th, 2015, 20:43
Sorry, I missed one more spot. In campaign\template_char.xml, line 761 change if DataCommon.isPFRPG() then to if true then

rhuobhe
March 29th, 2015, 20:55
That does it! Thanks a bunch & sorry for taking so much of your time. Now if only I could figure out how to disable the cross-class double cost in the points spent window :P

Trenloe
March 29th, 2015, 21:00
Now if only I could figure out how to disable the cross-class double cost in the points spent window :P
campaign\scripts\manager_char.lua - updateSkillPoints function. Remove (comment out with --) the 3 lines beginning with if not bPFMode and DB.getValue(vNode, "state", 0) == 0 then

rhuobhe
March 29th, 2015, 21:07
campaign\scripts\manager_char.lua - updateSkillPoints function. Remove (comment out with --) the 3 lines beginning with if not bPFMode and DB.getValue(vNode, "state", 0) == 0 then

Perfect now. You rock! :D