PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse World

Mask_of_winter
March 29th, 2015, 05:24
Any love for Apocalypse World in these parts? Anybody running it with Fantasy Grounds?

damned
March 29th, 2015, 05:35
Dungeon World is likely to be the second rulest I try to accomodate with CoreRPG. Right now Ian and I are making a DCC specific version of CoreRPG...

Mask_of_winter
March 29th, 2015, 05:46
Sweet! Let me know how it goes and if you need any help (the kind I can offer hehe).

damned
March 29th, 2015, 06:10
you know of course that these things take time!
when I get there you can do the Module Conversion - its totally Creative Commons - free to share, redistribute, modify etc so long as you keep the credits etc and you share your work under the same license.

ted.wallerstedt
February 12th, 2016, 19:16
Did this happen? Is there an Apocalypse World rule set? I have a friend of an acquaintance looking to run this.

The Hawk and Sparrow
September 19th, 2017, 02:33
Did this happen? Is there an Apocalypse World rule set? I have a friend of an acquaintance looking to run this.

I am really wanting to run it... i'll team up with some folks... we can figure it out!! Whose with me!!??

Black Hammer
September 19th, 2017, 18:18
I tried to drum up some interest in an Apocalypse World game. Didn't get any interest here, so shifted it over to Roll20, where I had way more people interested than I could fit in. I don't think the FG crowd is the target audience.

Talyn
September 19th, 2017, 18:55
Roll 20 has more users, period, because "free." I'd say there are definitely people in the FG community interested in various PbtA titles, but without a ruleset framework, each GM has to custom-build their own stuff in Core or MoreCore, and people often end up losing steam.

I'd love for their to be a singular PbtA ruleset layered over CoreRPG, then each individual game could have its own mini-ruleset (if needed, or simply an extension if not) layered over that to simplify the process instead of having Apocalypse World with its own big ruleset, then Dungeon World with its own big ruleset then The Sprawl with its own big ruleset and so on.

Black Hammer
September 19th, 2017, 19:01
Roll 20 has more users, period, because "free." I'd say there are definitely people in the FG community interested in various PbtA titles, but without a ruleset framework, each GM has to custom-build their own stuff in Core or MoreCore, and people often end up losing steam.

I did my recruiting not just here, but also on the Steam forum and a couple of related subreddits or G+ sites. Got a grand total of one response across all that. Had slightly more success pitching World Wide Wrestling.

I can get most Gumshoe or WoD games off the ground, and that's somewhat fringe. I just get the impression the FG userbase doesn't like PbtA.

LordEntrails
September 19th, 2017, 21:18
I just get the impression the FG userbase doesn't like PbtA.
Or they are like me and just have no idea what it is. Have you thought about running a session or two at FG Con? People (like me!) are often (almost always) willing to try new things at FG Con (or FGDaze) because we know we are not committing to more than a few hours of gameplay.

It's how I came to learn a little bit about both Savage Worlds and Call of Cthulhu. Both of which I had never heard more than the name before and both now are in my list of games I'll play when looking for another game to join.

Talyn
September 19th, 2017, 21:38
Agreed there. I have a couple PbtA PDFs because I keep hearing people rave about the system. I have yet to grok how the heck it works, and it seems like one of those "you don't get it til you play it" things. FG Con is great for that. Or simply announcing you're running a short one-shot with pregens.

The Hawk and Sparrow
October 9th, 2017, 23:59
I did my recruiting not just here, but also on the Steam forum and a couple of related subreddits or G+ sites. Got a grand total of one response across all that. Had slightly more success pitching World Wide Wrestling.

I can get most Gumshoe or WoD games off the ground, and that's somewhat fringe. I just get the impression the FG userbase doesn't like PbtA.

Hey man. Count me in!! I plan on trying to develop something that will work within the Core Ruleset. Not sure how it may turn out, but we'll see. Did you develop anything?

Black Hammer
October 10th, 2017, 00:23
Hey man. Count me in!! I plan on trying to develop something that will work within the Core Ruleset. Not sure how it may turn out, but we'll see. Did you develop anything?

Nope. Roll20 has stuff built in for it, and has a more active and interested community, so if I ever revisit it, I'll be going straight there.

damned
October 10th, 2017, 06:05

Nope. Roll20 has stuff built in for it, and has a more active and interested community, so if I ever revisit it, I'll be going straight there.

MoreCore supports PbtA and has for well over a year... just saying...
Ive been running DungeonWorld and other stuff for maybe 2 years on MoreCore...
Monster Of the Week, Pulp Action, Apocalypse World, City of Mist are other PbtA games I *know* have been run on MoreCore. There are probably plenty more.

Black Hammer
October 10th, 2017, 21:42
MoreCore supports PbtA and has for well over a year... just saying...
Ive been running DungeonWorld and other stuff for maybe 2 years on MoreCore...
Monster Of the Week, Pulp Action, Apocalypse World, City of Mist are other PbtA games I *know* have been run on MoreCore. There are probably plenty more.

Sadly I haven't had a chance to make use of them.