PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Module: Plunder & Peril

hawkwind
March 27th, 2015, 15:59
Legendary Treasure!

Tall tales of hidden riches are common in the pirate-infested taverns of the Shackles, but when Captain Varossa Lanteri claims to know the location of the secret treasure hoard of legendary Captain Jemma Redclaw, it seems she may be telling the truth. Captain Lanteri hires the PCs on as crew to help her assemble the magic key that will open the door to Redclaw’s treasure... and the ancient cyclops stronghold in which it’s hidden! Can the PCs survive long enough to claim their share of the lost loot, or will their enemies—or their allies—send them to a watery grave?

Plunder & Peril is a collection of three adventures that link to form one deluxe super-adventure for 4th-level characters, and includes 64 action-packed pages filled with aquatic predators, marauding dragons, cyclopean horrors, and more! These tales parallel and elaborate upon the swashbuckling excitement of the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path and the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Skull & Shackles Base Set. Plus, chart your course through pirate plagued seas with a full-color poster map featuring the most detailed view of the Shackles ever released. Players can expect to reach 7th level by the time they complete the third adventure and claim their share of Redclaw’s treasure—if they can survive the ancient terrors that guard the hoard!

I will be running this module for PFS credit with non PFS characters i.e you can get up to 4 Chronicle sheets and 4 levels for your favourite PFS character but you don't have to commit him to actual play, I suspect its going to take 10-15 sessions to fully complete and I will run the sessions for 2 to 3 hours every monday from 8pm BST 13th of April

calendar entry here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1373

I should stress that i have two players already who won't bother putting there details on the calendar...
4th level characters 20 point builds with two traits each. we will establish how PC's know each other in the first session

Farnaby
March 27th, 2015, 18:10
I've signed up.
This is going to be fun....

I'd like to play a swashbuckler unless in interest of the party we need someone else.
But I'd really like to play a swashbuckler. :pirate:

Malkavian_Andi
March 27th, 2015, 22:47
I signed up as well. I'll make up my mind about what I'll play and post the character some time in the next couple of days.
Is there anything the party needs? With the swashbuckler, we have one melee type, do you already know what the other two will play?

Do we use starting gold as described in the table for starting gold above 1st level?

hawkwind
March 27th, 2015, 23:09
Shane is playing a half orc barbarian Saul mentioned a Sorcerer,starting gold is as you suggested, about 6k if my memory serves me right

Malkavian_Andi
March 28th, 2015, 01:03
I think I'll play a bard, with a bit of healing and a bit of buffing.

cmdisc
March 28th, 2015, 08:58
How many player slots are there for this? I'd like to toss my hat in if there's room. I'll need to coordinate with the wife and family about the time, but Mon nights might be clear...and 2-3 hours is perfect as that doesn't run me into the middle of the night like most 5-hr evening session do. The only time I know I won't be able to make it is on the 20th right after the CON as I'll be recovering from this binge addiction. :)

As for character ideas, I'll have to think on that. So many options.....

hawkwind
March 28th, 2015, 09:14
Six players Max, I'll just check the calendar

hawkwind
March 28th, 2015, 09:15
I think I'll play a bard, with a bit of healing and a bit of buffing.

And Sea Shanties?

Malkavian_Andi
March 28th, 2015, 12:12
And Sea Shanties?

Of course. And I'll take the Sea Singer archetype, because it wouldn't be a pirate game if I didn't ^^

ShaneConvey
March 28th, 2015, 13:34
Hello all, looking forward to this adventure, always wanted to play some pirate / sinbad type adventures. regarding character i am also looking at martial artist monk as it ignores alignment restrictions.

Malkavian_Andi
March 28th, 2015, 13:51
Good, lots of damage-dealing types to benefit from Inspire Courage :)

Here's my character:

Farnaby
March 30th, 2015, 09:22
I'm a melee type, not a tank!

But here's Mary "Throat Slasher" Horn, cutlass in hand and using every dirty trick in the book to stay on top.

Malkavian_Andi
March 30th, 2015, 10:10
I'm a melee type, not a tank!I don't think anybody said you're a tank.
But now that you mention it, Swashbucklers do have the ability to dodge a lot of attacks with their parry & riposte deed. Just don't let anyone blind them (happened to a swashbuckler npc in one of my home games).

cmdisc
March 30th, 2015, 11:54
So explain to me how the Chronicle credits work here. I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

We're making 4th level characters and making sure they're PFS legal. Playing for credit earns 3 Chronicles, each worth a level. So do I need to apply them to a 4th level character? Or can I apply them all to a brand new character? Or can I only give 1 to a brand new toon (since once I do he's now 2nd level and can't get credit from a 4+ level Chronicle) and the other Chronicles have to go elsewhere?

Farnaby
March 30th, 2015, 12:27
Nobody said I was a tank, I was just preempting anyone who might make that mistake :pirate:

Farnaby
March 30th, 2015, 12:30
BTW, the calendar is now on 10 pm CEST, even though BST should be only 1 hour behind.
Could you please check your calendar, I am guessing it says 9 pm BST now.

Malkavian_Andi
March 30th, 2015, 12:35
So explain to me how the Chronicle credits work here. I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

We're making 4th level characters and making sure they're PFS legal. Playing for credit earns 3 Chronicles, each worth a level. So do I need to apply them to a 4th level character? Or can I apply them all to a brand new character? Or can I only give 1 to a brand new toon (since once I do he's now 2nd level and can't get credit from a 4+ level Chronicle) and the other Chronicles have to go elsewhere?First of all, chronicles are handed out once the entire module is finished (as opposed to Adventure Paths, where chronicles are handed out whenever the respective sanctioned part is finished).
You get 3 chronicles, each with their own tier (which, for modules, is (x-1) - (x+1), where x is the level the module is written for), so the first part will be tier 3-5 (since the module starts at level 4), the other chronicles will be a higher tier.
If you assign all 3 chronicles to the same character, you also get a bonus chronicle which you have to assign to that character as well.

As always, you are able to reduce the gold award to 1398 and apply it to a 1st level character immediately. I'm not sure if it works to do this with all 3 chronicles and apply to the same 1st level character.
The chronicles are assigned at the same time and if multiple of those chronicles can be applied at the same time (for reaching the chronicle's minimum level), you can choose in which order to apply them.
The Guide to Organized Play has the following to say about multiple held chronicles applied at the same time:

The one exception is if you have multiple Chronicle sheets from pregenerated characters, they are applied to your character’s Chronicle sheet stack all at once when your character reaches the appropriate level, even if this would advance your character several levels.I'm not sure, though, if that would allow you to reduce the gold of multiple chronicles from a 64-page module in order to apply them all to the same 1st level character.

Nobody said I was a tank, I was just preempting anyone who might make that mistakeok, fair enough :) I wouldn't have made that assumption anyway. I have seen what swashbucklers do, and it's not tanking ;)

cmdisc
March 30th, 2015, 18:06
Hmm. Ok, so basically the 3-5 tier needs to be either a brand new 1st or a character of 3rd to 5th. And so on with the 4-6 and the 5-7. Which means I can't just apply all 3 to a brand new character and boost him to 4th (5th with the bonus Chronicle). I suppose I could apply the credits to my 3rd level alchemist. That would boost him to 6th or 7th level. Not sure how I feel about that atm. On the plus side it boosts him to mid level pretty quickly and sets him ahead of average with regards to loot. On the minus side, he's 3-4 levels closer to retirement without me enjoying the time to play him.

The alternative is to apply all 3 to brand new characters. That gives me a handful of 2nd level builds to play with and I DO have a few different ideas that I could afford to get off the drawing board.

Guess I'll have to think on it. In the meantime, I'm considering either a gunslinger type or a Tengu Freebooter Ranger/Urban Barbarian mix that uses bite/claw(x4) natural attacks.

Malkavian_Andi
March 30th, 2015, 21:50
If your alchemist is exactly at level 3 (6 XP), you can choose to do slow progression for a few levels. You wouldn't level up that fast, because you'd get half XP. (The first chronicle would bring him to 7.5 XP, which is halfway through 3rd level. Since his level isn't high enough for the other chronicles yet, they'll be held. Three scenarios later (each granting him 0.5 XP), he'd be at level 4 (9 XP), at which point he'd get the second chronicle from Plunder & Peril. The other two will still have to wait, and so on...)

hawkwind
March 31st, 2015, 08:03
first the characters don't have to be PFS legal so feel free to pay an evil pirate type or start brewing potions and you can apply the credit to a existing PFS character of the correct level but if you want all four chronicle sheets sheets they all have to go on the same character. Malkavian Andi will correct me if I'm wrong on the last point.

kwarner1986
March 31st, 2015, 09:39
I've applied if there is space?

cmdisc
March 31st, 2015, 09:59
If your alchemist is exactly at level 3 (6 XP), you can choose to do slow progression for a few levels. You wouldn't level up that fast, because you'd get half XP. (The first chronicle would bring him to 7.5 XP, which is halfway through 3rd level. Since his level isn't high enough for the other chronicles yet, they'll be held. Three scenarios later (each granting him 0.5 XP), he'd be at level 4 (9 XP), at which point he'd get the second chronicle from Plunder & Peril. The other two will still have to wait, and so on...)

Hmm...something to consider. Another option would be to create a "copy" of my existing PFS character for this game specifically so I get the fun of playing him. Then just apply the 3 Chronicles to bump him to 6th level. For the Bonus chronicle, I forego the XP and gold and just take the 2 PP. This makes sure he isn't leveled too quickly while also giving back a little of the PP he's losing for playing a module. This all assumes he survives to the end, anyway.

Seeing as my Alchemist is very much a landlubber, it looks like I'll be bringing along a surly 4th level Dwarven Musketmaster whose CN nature and Liberty's Edge membership mean he gets to stir up trouble. ;)

Will post him once I have him all together.

hawkwind
March 31st, 2015, 11:38
consider your self press ganged, you have the last spot

hawkwind
March 31st, 2015, 11:41
six players now (two real life friends to lazy to sign up on the calendar!) one playing some kind of a monk the other providing some arcane support, what a motley crew!

cmdisc
March 31st, 2015, 12:32
Who do we have on the frontline and who is healing? I can always change from musket-master if we need either of those.

kwarner1986
March 31st, 2015, 19:53
I'm noticing a lack of range fire power. I can play my Archer Fighter. I think the bard is the only healer at this point. :(

I'm guessing Standard Society rules for Hit Points for levels 2-4, and our starting gold is 6,000gp with no item over 3,000gp?

cmdisc
March 31st, 2015, 22:52
I'm assuming Monk and Swashbuckler are melee. Not sure about the Bard. The arcane caster will be ranged. I can bring either a gunslinger for more ranged power or a melee tengu ranger/barbarian. But if the group feels we are low on healing, I can look at a cleric, oracle, or druid.

Malkavian_Andi
April 1st, 2015, 01:14
My bard is mostly ranged. He does have a melee weapon, but he'll only take that out if he really has to.
He has a bit of healing from his daily spells, a Wand of Cure light Wounds, and a few potions of Cure light Wounds for emergencies (which means those are only to be used if everyone who could activate the Wand of Cure light Wounds is unconcious).

hawkwind
April 1st, 2015, 07:45
I'm noticing a lack of range fire power. I can play my Archer Fighter. I think the bard is the only healer at this point. :(

I'm guessing Standard Society rules for Hit Points for levels 2-4, and our starting gold is 6,000gp with no item over 3,000gp?

correct

cmdisc
April 1st, 2015, 08:02
Ok, so 2 melee types (a monk or barbarian and a swashbuckler), 2 ranged types (bard and fighter), and an arcane caster.

Kyle, are you set on the fighter archer? If not, I'll bring my musket master. If you are, then I'll look at something that leans a bit more hitting/healing.

kwarner1986
April 1st, 2015, 08:37
Kyle, are you set on the fighter archer?
Yes.

Drawn up my character, meet Vayne, Bounty Huntress of Erastil. My feat progression is tracked on my Notes Tab if you want to review. She's set to Level 13, doubt we get that far.

hawkwind
April 1st, 2015, 12:04
I will be interested to hear why she is hanging out with a bunch of chaotic pirates

cmdisc
April 1st, 2015, 21:24
Ok, getting some ideas slapped together.

kwarner1986
April 1st, 2015, 22:40
I will be interested to hear why she is hanging out with a bunch of chaotic pirates

I noticed some errors when I build my character and I found a better deity. Sleep is often the best medicine.

Vayne is now the Bounty Huntress of Norgorber.

Since the GM is so kindly letting my darkside out of the box to play. She will be neutral evil. I have zero gold on me, so we can say my last job was successful, but the person who was going to pay me didn't have any money. I dealt with him, and now I'm broke looking for anything to refill my purse.

hawkwind
April 2nd, 2015, 07:16
that sounds more like a black hearted pirate

cmdisc
April 2nd, 2015, 13:22
Here's spittin' in the eye of protocol and party balance. Thought about it, argued it both ways in my head, and decided I'm bringing my Musket Master after all. The Tengu build is nice, but not really what I'm looking to run right now. Besides, my PFS musket master is the one getting the Chronicles from here, so might as well play him in some fashion.

So say hello to Ozburn Borehammer, a crotchety old CN dwarven gunner whose purpose in life is to stir up trouble and complain about how the old days were better than now. He has a CLW wand that the bard can use. If he makes it to 6th level, then he'll be dipping into Freebooter, so will be able to use whatever's left of it by then.

cmdisc
April 2nd, 2015, 16:06
BTW, I'm under the assumption that 1st level wands need to be purchased with gold right now since technically these builds don't have any Prestige/Fame to speak of. Is that correct?

hawkwind
April 9th, 2015, 22:10
Sorry about taking a week to reply, in answer to your question yes no prestige points can be used in game. Shane can't make the first session because of a work issue and CMdisc can't make the second session because of F G con and I do want all the players present for at least the first session so I am minded to delay the start for two weeks.

cmdisc
April 9th, 2015, 22:18
I can make the 2nd session. Seeing as it's Monday evening my time, I'll be recovered (mostly) from the CON event. So I'd be good to go. If everyone else is good for the 20th, then we can shoot for that instead of waiting until the 27th.

Now the time listed on the calendar shifted an hour with DST. Do you want to keep it at 9pm London time as it is now? Or were you aiming for 8pm as it was before DST changed it?

Farnaby
April 10th, 2015, 08:18
20th sounds good, I definitely think everyone should be there.
And I agree with cmdisc, are you changing the time in the calendar?

hawkwind
April 10th, 2015, 09:19
20th sounds good, I definitely think everyone should be there.
And I agree with cmdisc, are you changing the time in the calendar?

20th it is then for the battle scarred veterans FG con 5

hawkwind
April 19th, 2015, 10:22
Just a quick reminder that the first session is tomorrow. I propose to do character intros a bit differently. First every gives a brief description of their character, then every one will take turns to explain why they know another character then the character linked to can state one interesting fact about the character who has just said they know them. All this should help build a cohesive party, should people come up with background stuff that they are uncomfortable with it will be subject player or GM veto. Looking forward to your tales of piracy!

hawkwind
April 20th, 2015, 16:27
server up

hawkwind
April 20th, 2015, 16:41
your character is only 1st level!

kwarner1986
April 20th, 2015, 16:53
You say your server is up, but I am unable to connect to it.

hawkwind
April 20th, 2015, 17:29
try ip address and post back with your result
the ip address has been pm'd to you

kwarner1986
April 20th, 2015, 17:32
That worked. However I recommend you put the IP in the calendar for your own privacy.

hawkwind
April 20th, 2015, 17:33
yeh i know, needs must, edited now and pm'd to the other players

hawkwind
April 21st, 2015, 08:31
thanks for all showing up on time and playing so well. I was worried that every one would be suffering post FG -con fatigue and the game would be a bit flat but you guys were on fire. Same time next week

Farnaby
April 21st, 2015, 23:23
Any chance of sending me Mary's xml file?
I made so many changes to it I'd like to keep a local copy.
I can't access her per the manage character button.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2015, 01:30
I can't access her per the manage character button.
You should be able to access it from the Manage Characters button - select the name of the campaign from the "Campaigns" list in the bottom half of the window. This will give you read only access to the record, but you can export the XML from there to use as you wish.

Farnaby
April 22nd, 2015, 14:02
True, but I can't. All I see are all my local characters, no server character.

Malkavian_Andi
April 23rd, 2015, 10:57
a little heads-up from me: It seems I won't be able to play next week (the 27th).

cmdisc
April 23rd, 2015, 12:17
Folks missing on occasion is bound to happen with 7 people at the table. How do you want to handle this, Hawkwind?

hawkwind
April 24th, 2015, 10:39
If one or two can't make it some one plays their character any more than that we cancel for the week

cmdisc
April 24th, 2015, 11:29
I call running Grumpy Pete for this next Monday.

Grumpy Pete: "Why yes, Ozburn, we have been such good friends over the years, you certainly can have all my gold and gear. Please take it. Life is so much easier without all that clutter."

:)

hawkwind
April 27th, 2015, 16:33
server up, post here with any connection problems

Farnaby
April 27th, 2015, 17:45
Cannot connect with server name, ip address works.

hawkwind
April 27th, 2015, 22:10
Farnaby I tried uploading your xml but i keep running into some crapitica stuff which stops me from doing it, ill just do a drop box link instead

hawkwind
April 27th, 2015, 22:11
worked this time

Farnaby
April 27th, 2015, 22:12
Cheers.

hawkwind
May 3rd, 2015, 21:53
No game tomorrow I'm afraid. Bank holiday weekend and all that

kwarner1986
May 3rd, 2015, 22:51
https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/kwarner1986/Luke_zpsgh1vxlug.jpeg (https://s36.photobucket.com/user/kwarner1986/media/Luke_zpsgh1vxlug.jpeg.html)

Trenloe
May 3rd, 2015, 23:33
https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/kwarner1986/Luke_zpsgh1vxlug.jpeg (https://s36.photobucket.com/user/kwarner1986/media/Luke_zpsgh1vxlug.jpeg.html)
May the 4th be with you! :)

Farnaby
May 4th, 2015, 09:56
Have fun.
Next time, if possible, a bit more heads up please.

hawkwind
May 11th, 2015, 08:43
game on tonight

cmdisc
May 11th, 2015, 09:00
Will be there. :)

And if I remember right, you mentioned the possibility of us leveling during (or after) this session. I'll make sure to have the info on hand so we can make the transition quickly if required.

hawkwind
May 11th, 2015, 11:21
there is a chance of leveling up during the session but its more likely to be at the end

hawkwind
May 11th, 2015, 18:00
server up

cmdisc
May 12th, 2015, 08:53
Good session last night. Was worried about boat bombs, but the hag was uglier by far. And those bullets through her face didn't improve things much.

Question concerning the Reroll Registry. Does it apply to these sessions and, if so, how? The rule is one per scenario, not session, and we are tackling 3 chronicles worth of module. But then we're not 'technically' using our PFS characters. So I wasn't sure if the Reroll thing applied or not. GM's call?

hawkwind
May 12th, 2015, 08:57
no rerolls, if the party deaths start mounting up then i may introduce hero points

cmdisc
May 14th, 2015, 07:25
Here is Ozburn at level 5 for Monday. Let me know if you have any questions.

hawkwind
May 14th, 2015, 19:12
Cheers , I just got my hard copy of pathfinder unchained and there are a few things I like the look of. The alternative classes are all good and if any player wants to have stamina pool to boost their combat feats they can retro change a feat to have a stamina pool. I quite like the alternative action economy rules but they might be too big a change.I'll stick a copy of the text for the stamina pool (think grit and ki points for everyone) in in game note for players to look at if they don't have the book

hawkwind
May 14th, 2015, 19:14
Also Shane is dropping out for work related reasons so I'm open to applications for wannabe pirates!

hawkwind
May 14th, 2015, 19:16
Also Shane is dropping out for work related reasons so I'm open to applications for wannabe pirates! A recommendation from existing player will get priority

cmdisc
May 17th, 2015, 11:17
I'm good for tomorrow's game on the 18th. But I might not be available on the 25th. I've offered to run a session of Hall of the Flesh Eaters and it's come down to the 25th or the 29th for the group. Once I know for sure, I'll let you know.

hawkwind
May 18th, 2015, 19:31
server up

Farnaby
May 18th, 2015, 19:36
Getting incompatible server version.
Can you update please?

Malkavian_Andi
May 18th, 2015, 19:39
I'm getting that message, too.

cmdisc
May 18th, 2015, 19:45
Same here. Host is running an incompatible version.

cmdisc
May 18th, 2015, 19:48
On TeamSpeak right now so we can at least connect that way.

voice.fg-con.com unless you guys want to try the other one.

hawkwind
May 18th, 2015, 20:00
I updated to the latest version tonight

kwarner1986
May 18th, 2015, 20:02
Running late be there in roughly 15

hawkwind
May 21st, 2015, 07:31
no game this monday due a UK public holiday so I'm doing family stuff. I might get a PFS scenario together to run later in the week though

cmdisc
May 21st, 2015, 08:46
If you run a Scenario later in the week, I'd be happy to come along any evening GMT other than Fri or Sat.

Fri I'm running a game and Sat Farnaby is. So several players will be tied up those nights.

Malkavian_Andi
May 21st, 2015, 09:01
Depending on which scenario you're going to run, I might be interested as well. Thursday would work best for me, I have work or other games on the other days.

Farnaby
May 31st, 2015, 09:24
Family stuff has come up so I'm afraid that I won't be able to make the tomorrow's game.
Just don't let Kyle play Mary. ;)

cmdisc
May 31st, 2015, 09:38
Ah don't worry. Ozburn will make sure the young lass is ok.

hawkwind
June 1st, 2015, 08:19
I'm sure that he will very reassured by that!

hawkwind
June 1st, 2015, 19:09
Server up

Farnaby
June 5th, 2015, 12:00
So what happened guys?
Is Mary still alive?

cmdisc
June 5th, 2015, 12:29
Well try as I might, I couldn't manage to get Mary killed off. So yeah, she's still alive. :p

We had some incorporeal air-based creature generate a storm around us and it landed on the rigging as it descended from the sky. Mary climbed up to intimidate it away since it was blocking the path of a few sailors who were stuck up in the rigging. Vayne tried using the ballista on it, but only managed to kill a few ropes and sails...which the captain was keen to note so she could dock us the appropriate amount of loot in the end.

Because of the storm, no one could use ranged weapons other than the ballista so we actually had to lure the thing under the overhang that led into the captain's quarters before Vayne could unleash on it with magic arrows. So basically it was Port with his Magic Missiles and Vayne with her magic arrows that took it down, while the rest of us ran around useless in the storm.

Strike that, Grumpy Pete did great with his Sea Shanty song helping to calm down the storm quite a bit. And Mary and Ozbi both resorted to Aiding Another to pump up Port's AC since the things decided he was the most dangerous. So I guess we all did something.

Malkavian_Andi
June 5th, 2015, 14:56
I suppose I won't be able to make it next week. Doesn't lool like my connection problems are going to improve, so I'll see if I can afford a new hard drive next week.

cmdisc
June 8th, 2015, 17:21
Andi, any luck with the connection issues? (Then again, if you can't get online, I guess a non-answer is an answer)...

Malkavian_Andi
June 8th, 2015, 17:31
Nothing positive yet. Still using my cell phone to at least post on the forum. I'll see if I can have someone fix my computer this week. FG isn't the only thing needing internet connection after all.

hawkwind
June 8th, 2015, 19:02
sad to hear you can't play, servers up

cmdisc
June 8th, 2015, 19:36
I can run Pete for you unless someone else steps in and wants a crack at it. Front of the line and refusing to take any cut of loot, right? :p

hawkwind
June 15th, 2015, 07:26
Game on tonight usual time, meet in the usual TS server than "migrate" to Cmdisc's shiney new server if everyone's in agreement

Malkavian_Andi
June 15th, 2015, 08:34
Unfortunately, I still can't make it tonight. But I suppose I will get my computer fixed by next week.

hawkwind
June 15th, 2015, 12:32
sorry to hear that

kwarner1986
June 15th, 2015, 12:52
I am not able to make it either this week. Work has not been pleasant the last 5 days.

cmdisc
June 15th, 2015, 13:48
2 down. Do we still want to run this? I'm fine either way. If so, I can cover down on Grumpy Pete, if Saul or Tom can handle Vayne. Otherwise we can put it off until next week.

Andi, remind me again what the ongoing issue has been. We just recently had a guy from South Africa that was having connection issues and HG helped him get the problem resolved.

hawkwind
June 15th, 2015, 17:55
I think with only three players its best to postpone

after all what's the point of having a TPK if the players aren't there to enjoy it with me!

cmdisc
June 21st, 2015, 20:39
I haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming we're a GO for tomorrow?

hawkwind
June 22nd, 2015, 07:30
if we have enough players?

Malkavian_Andi
June 22nd, 2015, 08:51
I'll get my computer back today, so I'll hope I get everything set up by game time.

hawkwind
June 22nd, 2015, 12:04
Break out the rum, grumpy Pete's back!

Malkavian_Andi
June 22nd, 2015, 12:50
Got FG running and updated.

Another thing, which has nothing to do with Plunder & Peril, I still have a problem with my "Manage Characters" section. My characters won't show up. Anyone know how to get my data to show? Or are the old xml file incompatible?

hawkwind
June 22nd, 2015, 18:08
server up

Victor
June 22nd, 2015, 21:35
Got FG running and updated.

Another thing, which has nothing to do with Plunder & Peril, I still have a problem with my "Manage Characters" section. My characters won't show up. Anyone know how to get my data to show? Or are the old xml file incompatible?

A few of us were just going over the procedure for exporting a recent xml from the server game just played, then importing it back to FG and making it a local character for editing. Some people did not have copies of the server character when they pulled up the game they just played under 'manage characters'.
I was surprised how many of us did not know this could be done and how easy it was to load up a few characters and edit them. So pardon me for telling you more than you need to know Mal, others may find it useful.

To export/import/edit your xml.

Open FG and choose 'Manage Character" on the lower part of your screen you will see all the games listed you have played in. If you double click one of the games listed, it will load and in the character selection screen, you will see your character with the label, "Server Character". Click on the brown button (pencil) at the bottom of the Character Selection window, and then icons will appear on each character allowing you to delete, or export the character. Export the character and save the xml. You may then use the up arrow at the bottom of the Character Selection screen to import the file you just saved, and then you have a copy of the character from that game as you last left it, ready to edit.
Now this bit is not quite as intuitive, but I find it is easier to exit back to the main screen, choose 'manage character' again, and instead of selecting a game you previously played, select PFRPG from the top box, then after opening the character selection screen, import your character, and any others you may want to copy/paste from, into that area. One reason to edit here is that the library will be the library of mods and books you have loaded in, not the one from the server you played that character on. Editing in this section isn't necessary tho and you can edit anytime your character is loaded in as a local character.

Now.. for the fact you don't see your character when you pull up a previous game.
Two possibilities we came up with, one is a guess on my part, the other is what HG told me and I have not tested. HG says if you release your character before you log off the server, it will not show up. I don't know that this was the case with the 2 people that had this problem when we were working on this. I do know one of them had imported his character at game time, rather than sending HG the file and having it appear on the server when he logged in. Actually Xazil came up with that answer. I guess I am just the mouthpiece with enough time to type it all out. :)

Good luck. maybe this post should be on another thread or a Sticky made where it can reach more people.

Malkavian_Andi
June 22nd, 2015, 22:11
I'm not talking about the characters I played in previous games, I'm talking about my local characters. I used to have all my PFS characters in my local characters list, but when I now go into Manage Characters, that list is empty.
I could theoretically create them from scratch, because I have them on paper as well, but that would take a lot of time.

Victor
June 22nd, 2015, 22:53
I'm not talking about the characters I played in previous games, I'm talking about my local characters. I used to have all my PFS characters in my local characters list, but when I now go into Manage Characters, that list is empty.
I could theoretically create them from scratch, because I have them on paper as well, but that would take a lot of time.

From what I can see, you are talking about the "LHS Character List" extension that is part of the PFRPG ruleset. As near as I can tell, that is not a list of your characters.
You did not lose them either.
If you want to retrieve and save your characters so that you can edit them offline, you have to export them (which saves them) and import them again as I described in the previous post. You then have saved that character at that point in their progression.
If you want to get all your characters "back" then just go to manage characters, load up the game they were last in, from the character selection screen export that character to a local xml file, import it. done. Do that for all your characters.
Then you can import them into the PFRPG character selection screen, you can delete all of them and lose nothing, because you saved the xml files. Remember to save any edits you make and there you go.

Malkavian_Andi
June 23rd, 2015, 00:55
I didn't play all of them, at least not exclusively on FG. I create and edit my PFS characters offline so I have up-to-date xml files for when I want to play the characters on FG.
When I go into "Manage Characters", I have access to a list of characters I have created that way, but that list is empty now. I know there's a file in the FG directory with all those characters in it, I just need to know which file exactly it is with the current version and where it has to be in order for it to work.

Trenloe
June 23rd, 2015, 17:23
When I go into "Manage Characters", I have access to a list of characters I have created that way, but that list is empty now.
When your computer was "fixed" was the FG App Data folder deleted?

Characters you create in Manage Characters when selecting the ruleset (e.g. PFRPG) rather than a previously played campaign are stored in <FG App Data>\characters\<rulesetname>.xml - so for your PFRPG characters they are stored in <FG App Data>\characters\PFRPG.xml

Malkavian_Andi
June 23rd, 2015, 20:42
Ah, it worked now. Don't know what I did with those files yesterday, but I must have left out the correct stuff.
Thanks Trenloe for pointing out where exactly the file has to be now.

hawkwind
June 29th, 2015, 17:29
server going up

hawkwind
July 6th, 2015, 18:13
and its up again

kwarner1986
July 6th, 2015, 19:47
I'll be slightly delayed no more than 15 minutes.

cmdisc
July 7th, 2015, 20:28
Looks like we're plugging along.

Out of curiosity, any idea about how many more sessions we are looking at? 3ish? 5ish?

hawkwind
July 7th, 2015, 21:28
The module is broken in to three parts for chronicle sheet purposes with bonus sheet for doing the whole adventure , we have almost done two sheets worth..

I estimate three or four sessions but I can't do next week or the 27th and the last couple of Mondays in August due to work and vacation commitments

Malkavian_Andi
July 8th, 2015, 07:38
ok, so no game on the 13th and 27th of July? What exactly are the "the last couple of Mondays in August"? I guess it's at least the 24th and 31st.

I also can't make August 3rd and August 17th because of work.

hawkwind
July 8th, 2015, 08:44
looking at my actual calendar rather than relying from my memory when i posted last night, my availability to run games is as follows

Next week, I'm at a conference on the 13th and 14th I could do other nights that week

w/c 20th ok

w/c 27 I'm coming back from a long weekend break on the 27th but I free the rest of the week

w/c 3/8 ok

w/c 17/8 to w/c 31/8 I'm on holiday with my family, I will be back in London on the evening of 31/8 but doubt i will be back in time to run a game but I'm free the rest of the week so if we ran say sessions on the 28/7 ( a Tuesday) and the 1st of September I suspect we could finish the campaign or this part of it. Anyone else have availability issues? If two or more players can't make a session I am happy to cancel

cmdisc
July 8th, 2015, 13:10
I will be vacationing during the 2nd full week of August. Otherwise my schedule can be flexible enough to pick nights other than a Monday if I have enough warning.

Malkavian_Andi
July 8th, 2015, 13:33
Next week, I could probably do the 16th or 17th (not too sure about the 16th because I have to work the next day, which I have to get up very early for).
Two weeks after that, I could do the 28th.
As far as I know at the moment, I'm also free on September 1st.

hawkwind
July 9th, 2015, 20:19
Every one else ?

Firewolf
July 9th, 2015, 22:15
when is this starting

cmdisc
July 10th, 2015, 07:12
when is this starting
This campaign has already started. It's a rather huge module spanning a few levels that we're about 2/3rd's of the way through. Just trying to plan out what the rest of the trip looks like from here.

No idea what the GM thinks about adding someone at this stage, though. Totally up to him.

hawkwind
July 10th, 2015, 07:29
ok I will do a calendar enty to check peoples availability for the 28th https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1373

I will text Porky

Farnaby
July 10th, 2015, 12:58
I'm pretty much free any time.

cmdisc
July 11th, 2015, 20:49
Why don't we aim for the 17th this coming week, the 20th as usual the week after, and the 28th the last week of July?

Then we can hammer out what we have left and what looks good in August.

hawkwind
July 12th, 2015, 22:18
ok i will put a poll for the 17th

cmdisc
July 13th, 2015, 22:12
It looks like Xazil is running something on the 17th and 24th. Farnaby is a part of that, but we can still do a session as long as everyone else shows up. If the 17th becomes a problem, maybe we could either move up to the 16th (if Andi thinks he can make it) or just skip for the week. I can make any of those days.

I should also be good for the 20th and 28th.

hawkwind
July 14th, 2015, 19:06
Our Sorcerer has provisionally agreed to this friday , not heard from Mr Warner so I say we have the quorum of 4 players so we have a game

cmdisc
July 14th, 2015, 20:40
Farnaby will be absent if he joins Xazil's module this Friday and next, but it looks like Kyle has voted yes for this Friday. So with Andi, Kyle, Saul, and myself we still have a group.

See you then.

hawkwind
July 14th, 2015, 22:08
Kyle can play Farnaby's character.....................

Farnaby
July 15th, 2015, 18:08
Uh oh.

cmdisc
July 15th, 2015, 19:20
Kyle can play Farnaby's character.....................

I don't see any way this can end well.

hawkwind
July 17th, 2015, 18:41
server up

Farnaby
July 20th, 2015, 06:44
So, what happened?

hawkwind
July 20th, 2015, 07:52
the party killed a lot of lizard men battling their way to beach, still not made it yet and ammo is running low

cmdisc
July 20th, 2015, 08:03
So, what happened?

Kyle ran Mary and managed to not get her killed. We took a short break and one point, but Kyle had yet to return. So I ran both Vayne and Mary and they decided to settle their financial differences by placing all of their collective funds into an Escrow account that Ozburn managed for them for only a small fee. You know, because Ozburn is all about party unity and didn't want the arguing to continue. Yeah, yeah, he's a kind soul. He's like that. :p

Actually after the ship left us, we spent the night at the ruins while hearing drums in the distance and then began making our way down to the beach. We ran into a group of lizardmen who attacked us on sight. We figured they weren't happy with us being at the ruins...maybe a holy place for them or something. So we fought them off, but Ozburn quickly realized that his musket was probably announcing their location to the whole island. So once it was over, we did a quick loot search and then continued on. When we got the bridge, Mary was able to get half-way across before another group of lizardmen came out of the trees on the far side of the bridge and attacked. Ozburn ran across to join her so she wasn't alone while everyone else peppered them from the far side. Then another group came out from the other side of the bridge, so the party was effectively split by the terrain. Port did an excellent job with his newly learned lightning bolts while Pete sang and attacked and Vayne machine-gunned most of the enemies on their side. Mary cut away the fat on her side with her cutlass and Ozburn resorted to javelins and defensive fighting to keep them busy while Mary slew them.

Once they were done, we ended the session. Vayne was close to death and several of us were injured. We burned through quite a few wand charges to get everyone back up to healthy.

That's where we currently stand.

We currently ended with having fought off the 2nd group at the rope bridge and have crossed the bridge successfully. Vayne came dangerously close to dying and Ozburn has resorted to using his javelins since every time he shoots his musket it announces their location to the whole island.

cmdisc
July 20th, 2015, 08:04
the party killed a lot of lizard men battling thier way to beach, still not made yet and ammo is running low

Or to give the short of it.

That.

hawkwind
July 20th, 2015, 11:30
I must remember not to post from my phone while standing in a crowded train!

hawkwind
July 20th, 2015, 17:59
server up

kwarner1986
July 27th, 2015, 19:58
No, pirates today?

cmdisc
July 27th, 2015, 21:19
We voted for the 28th since Hawkwind was unavailable.

Everyone but Saul was able to make it.

hawkwind
July 28th, 2015, 11:56
Sorry about the extreme short notice but I can't make tonight, trouble and strife and all that

cmdisc
July 28th, 2015, 12:22
Ok, so next Monday as usual? Or are we still juggling days?

hawkwind
July 28th, 2015, 13:03
i'm ok for next monday

Malkavian_Andi
July 28th, 2015, 14:28
I won't be able to make it next Monday, so you'll have to play without me.

Farnaby
July 28th, 2015, 16:49
Well that sucks. :(
Was looking forward to tonight.

cmdisc
July 28th, 2015, 17:43
We can always meet up without the GM and just declare ourselves the winners. :p

hawkwind
July 30th, 2015, 09:07
Well that sucks. :(
Was looking forward to tonight.

sucks for me 2, anyone else not able to do Monday next week?

cmdisc
July 30th, 2015, 12:58
I'm good for this next Mon, 3 August. I will probably not be available for 10 August though.

Farnaby
August 1st, 2015, 16:26
We're on for this coming monday, right?

kwarner1986
August 2nd, 2015, 08:41
I'm good for a Monday Night Showdown.

cmdisc
August 2nd, 2015, 13:57
IIRC everyone but Saul was up for this Monday. Next Monday (the 10th), I'll be on vacation. But if I am back to the hotel in time and have wifi, I might be able to join up from there. I really won't know until then.

Malkavian_Andi
August 3rd, 2015, 00:54
As I mentioned earlier, I also won't be able to make it this Monday.
Next Monday I'll be available again.

cmdisc
August 3rd, 2015, 06:45
Ah that's right. I was confusing Saul for Andi.

I hope anyway. Because if Saul can't make it either, then we're out a session again.

hawkwind
August 3rd, 2015, 08:33
I will just check with Saul now as he never checks the forums

hawkwind
August 3rd, 2015, 08:45
Saul is playing so we have a game!

cmdisc
August 3rd, 2015, 09:11
Ok good. Guess I had things switched around between Andi and Saul. Good to know I'm wrong.

hawkwind
August 3rd, 2015, 19:29
The server is up and so is the Magpie Princess

hawkwind
August 3rd, 2015, 22:29
Just pm'd Andi to see if he can make this Wednesday,

hawkwind
August 4th, 2015, 07:24
Andi says yes, game on this wednesday

cmdisc
August 4th, 2015, 07:31
Same time at 7pm GMT? Or was this the day you needed to start a little bit later?

hawkwind
August 4th, 2015, 12:05
I might be 10 minuites late as I have to pick up my son late from his karate class and get him off to bed

Farnaby
August 4th, 2015, 12:45
Okay, tomorrow it is.

hawkwind
August 5th, 2015, 07:58
just prepped it and ready to go, I'll try and get the Chronicle sheets ready and i will need the PFS number and name of characters who you wish to award the 4 levels of credit to

Farnaby
August 5th, 2015, 09:08
I can apply the chronicles to any 3-5 level character of mine, correct?
Each chronicle is 1 xp, so if I have a 5th level character with 16 xp, she goes up to 20 xp and level 6?

Malkavian_Andi
August 5th, 2015, 11:13
No, each chronicle is 3 xp. You'll get four full levels.

Mine will go to:
Tanner Blakemore
PFS-#: 42939-34
Faction: The Exchange

Please make my chronicles slow progression.

cmdisc
August 5th, 2015, 16:16
You get 4 Chronicles; 3 plus a Bonus. The 1st one can be applied to a character of 3-5 level. The 2nd is good for levels 4-6. The 3rd is for levels 5-7. Each one is worth 3xp, 4PP, and a certain amount of gold. If you apply all 3 to the same character, you get a Bonus Chronicle. This one can either be worth 3xp, 6PP and some gold OR you can give up all that and just take 2 PP.

I plan to apply the 3 Chronicles to my 3rd level gunslinger and then Slow Track the Bonus chronicle. This will take him half way through 6th.

Ozburn Borehammer
PFS# 110933-3
Faction: Liberty's Edge

Farnaby
August 5th, 2015, 16:29
If I have a level 2 character, I have to wait for level 3 correct?

Farnaby
August 5th, 2015, 16:35
Okay, all 4 chronicles for:

Cassilda
PFS# 54144-4
Faction: Grand Lodge

Slow progression

hawkwind
August 5th, 2015, 17:55
8Server up and you can level if you want an easy time in the last boss fight,,,!!!!

Farnaby
August 5th, 2015, 18:21
Hawkwind, I keep getting can't connect

hawkwind
August 5th, 2015, 18:52
I will restart it

hawkwind
August 5th, 2015, 18:53
Connection passed and reloading now

Farnaby
August 5th, 2015, 19:00
I'm in, thanks

kwarner1986
August 5th, 2015, 20:11
PFS# 118469-4
Diana Bladesting

All Chronicles

cmdisc
August 5th, 2015, 22:37
Hawkwind, thanks for this. It was a nice ongoing adventure and I had a lot of fun with hit. Certainly something to look forward to on Monday nights. I will definitely consider running this sometime next year. I have a character concept that doesn't come onboard until about 6th level and if I can get her to 3rd before I run this, these Chronicles will do exactly what I need.

Any questions, let me know.

Thanks again! :)

hawkwind
August 10th, 2015, 20:51
It was great fun for me to, I felt players could had been challenged a bit more by some of the encounters but there was more than enough atmosphere and great role playing by the players. I am doing skeleton chronicle sheets tonight, lifes to short for me to completely fill out 20 sheets so i will be working on a honour system and links to partially filled sheets will be sent to you via PM. CM if you want my module just ask, it has all the npc,maps and most the story enteries plus some extra maps which Paizo thoughtfully didn't supply for the lizard men island

hawkwind
August 10th, 2015, 21:53
sorry guys I have run into a lot of problems with my new windows 10 install, the most pressing issue is that I have noticed my security suite has stopped working. I have updated the paizo site, the sheets will be later in the week

Farnaby
August 11th, 2015, 11:17
No problems here.
Interesting about the Windows 10 install though, mine went without a hitch.

hawkwind
August 13th, 2015, 08:10
yep my list of programs (sorrry they are all called apps now) shows half of them not recognised, these include some like fantasy grounds that actually still work. Not sure what happenned , maybe my registry got corrupted in the upgrade. Howver kaspersky stopped working, Malawarebytes got down graded from Pro and Sandboxie is broken so I had no security apps working. Any way I'm going to try and get those draft chronicle sheets out today, all twenty of them!

hawkwind
August 13th, 2015, 14:44
check your PM's gents, did the pdf's at work so they are not that great

cmdisc
August 14th, 2015, 19:18
HW, thanks for this. I'm applying the bonus Chronicle to Ozburn, but I'm half-tracking him from this point on. On Paizo's site, I am seeing the credits are a little messed up. The first is going to Ozburn and Liberty's Edge. The second is going to someone called Cassilda and the Grand Lodge. The third one is going to Tanner Blakemore and The Exchange. And the Bonus one is non-existent. Is Paizo's site messing things up again? Because the PFS# is all the correct, but I don't own a Cassilda or Blakemore.

Apart from that thanks again for running this. I had fun and might look at running this myself in the future. If I do, I'll have to hit you up for your modules.

hawkwind
August 14th, 2015, 19:55
The paizo site doesn't track the bonus sheet. I'll check the paizo site to see how it recorded things.all the names you mentioned are the ones I was given by players but they should be on all the three events

Malkavian_Andi
August 14th, 2015, 22:12
Maybe you typed in the wrong names? Seems like it, because the third one shows Ozburn's name on my records.

cmdisc
August 14th, 2015, 22:24
The names should auto-populate once the PFS# is plugged in. Not sure why the names are getting changed up as the #'s are all the same (and the right one).

hawkwind
August 18th, 2015, 09:18
Auto populate wasn't working for me though thinking about it I probably had a no script add on running in Firefox at the time.I'm on holiday in Wales with a lovely combination of crap weather and poor internet so I will have another look at it when I return to civilisation

hawkwind
August 26th, 2015, 21:24
had a look at the session reports and the prestige is a little messed up but I have changed that. All the names and character #'s are as requested