PDA

View Full Version : What does a guy have to do to get a game going?

truthholds
March 27th, 2015, 05:53
Hey all,
Been searching and requesting to join a 5e group to no avail. I'm creating this thread with hopes of being drafted. I'm too new so no GM exp, but I have ooc character if that makes sense.

Vishera
March 27th, 2015, 08:04
I recently posted up my game but it filled quickly. If some of those people end up dropping before we start, I will let you know.

truthholds
March 27th, 2015, 09:35
Look forward to it.

Skellan
March 27th, 2015, 11:01
I am busily creating a 5E campaign using Realmworks and will be recruiting for it soon. However, I am GMT so I don't know if the times will work for you?

Nylanfs
March 27th, 2015, 17:04
FG Con perhaps?

jh79
March 29th, 2015, 18:07
The absolute best way to play in a game, is to DM your own game imo. I know it sounds backwards, but people will join quickly, and then after you DM you can play. This also works to your favor because as the DM you can choose like minded people to form a long lasting group, that you can later play in as a player.

The next best way - the FG-Con's. Great way to meet a lot of people, make connections, ect.

After that I would say PM DM's that are running current games in the forums. Most people on FG are cool, don't be shy PMing DM's.

Next, posting a LFG (looking for game) in the Guild House.

And finally the Calendar on FG, I find this the least used tool, but it is another one at to find games.

So those are 5 ways to get into a game, hope this helps and that you find a long lasting and enjoyable game soon :) Good luck.

FSHSchmo
March 29th, 2015, 19:02
Hey all,
Been searching and requesting to join a 5e group to no avail. I'm creating this thread with hopes of being drafted. I'm too new so no GM exp, but I have ooc character if that makes sense.

Check out my stream at https://twitch.tv/fshschmo. On Wednesdays we run games with viewers and are always rotating folks in and out. This is the best way to get in on the new bigger games we are planning to start up.