PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Install FGII on OSX 10.10.2 / Winebottler 1.3.6

couillaler
March 27th, 2015, 03:27
Hi,
As the subject said, I am trying to install FGII on a macbook pro with Winebottler 1.3.6 (but I have the same problem with the 1.3.7, I had installed before to reduce to 1.3.6 to see if it was working better). I have read the indications on this forum, but impossible to do that, and I don't want to buy a vmware or parralel licence + windows.

Perhaps am I making a mistake during the prefix creation process, or do I need to install more softwares I have already did.

Here is my configuration

Here is the first step (nothing has been checked in Winetricks)

Do I need to complete something here ?

Second step, creation of the FGII app.

Then, a first windows appears, asking me to select a startfile ? I never saw this step on any explanation. Is the list of the software proposed here complete ? (I have Xcode & Xquartz already installed)
I already have tried both (Winefile or iexplore), and no one is lauching me the usual interface of FGII after prefix creation.

Prefix is now created.

Next step in next message (5 images per message :) )

couillaler
March 27th, 2015, 03:34
Then, I can see my app in WineBottler.

I can start it

The icon is blinking on the dock, then, it disappears, and nothing more is happening.

If I choosed iexplore on the startfile selection step, Internet explorer.exe is launching and I am redirected to the winebottler website. But no FGII anywhere.

So, I have tried with Steam. I have, in Steam, added the app FGII created with winebottler, but it is the same, nothing happens.

So, if I think Winebottler or Steam are working, I think I have missed something during the creation or on the parameters.

Could anyone help me ?

In fact, my wife has a roleplaying game organised (she's a player, not the organiser) sunday evening with FGII, and the pressure is raising! ^_^

Could anyone help me or have any suggestion to make ?

Thank you very much,

Antoine

damned
March 27th, 2015, 12:01
This may not be the answer you want - use WineSkin or install from Steam.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17399-Guide-How-to-install-FGII-on-OS-X-using-WineSkin-(Recommended)

couillaler
April 9th, 2015, 23:06
This may not be the answer you want - use WineSkin or install from Steam.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17399-Guide-How-to-install-FGII-on-OS-X-using-WineSkin-(Recommended)

Hi Damned,

Sorry for my late answer. I'm just back from holidays, and I didn't took the time to let you know how all this has finished.
Finally, I sent the .exe file created with winebottler to another player of the game. It seems that it was corrupted, not complete, and a lot of files were missing inside it. He sent me another one, modified to work with my computer (sorry he made the modification online (with VLC) with my wife, and I was not there to see what has been done) , and it has worked fine with the installed software. It was not working with Steam for the same reason.

The problem was coming from the creation of the .exe file. We didn't know why, but know, it is working, and that's the most important, my wife has been able to played her roleplayer party online with her friends, and, even if if was not me the heroe of the day, I have been authorized to sleep in our bed anyway! ;o)

Thank you for your help, sorry for the delay of my answer, and have a nice end of day! ^_^

Antoine