PDA

View Full Version : Is there a module for L5R 4th edition ?

feldrol
March 25th, 2015, 21:11
Well,
The title says everything.
Oh, i have another question if it exists, where can i find it ? :-)

damned
March 25th, 2015, 22:04
No there isnt unfortunately.

neonbasschild
April 23rd, 2015, 07:23
I am actually working on one now. I am almost done, just trying to work out the character sheet. It won't be anything fancy thought as I do not know lua so no way to make a roll and keep system.

neonbasschild
April 23rd, 2015, 13:01
If I can keep up this pace and have the character sheet updated to 4E style graphics I should have it ready for download in a couple of days.

neonbasschild
April 23rd, 2015, 13:04

damned
April 23rd, 2015, 13:31
Nice one neonbasschild!
Are you doing the dice mechanic too? This is one of the sticking points for this ruleset.

neonbasschild
April 23rd, 2015, 13:43
Nice one neonbasschild!
Are you doing the dice mechanic too? This is one of the sticking points for this ruleset.

More than likely not. I have debugged enough code that I could dig into fuleng's old code and the CoreRPG set and carve out the needed parts for a new ruleset. After that it was simple graphics work.

So the problem with coding a custom dice roller for it is that I do not actually know lua. If this thing was written in a coding language anyone has ever herd of before then yeah. For example C++ I could simply write a pretty large chain of if-then-else statements and BAM rolling done. Right now I might be able to try and get exploding dice in there by stealing it from the WoD ruleset but I will have to look at it.

Also along with that the system is made so that if you need to you can pull punches. You don't always have to take your highest dice so you still need to leave picking the dice up to the player.

Also bear in mind I did all of that in one night, I REALLY need to clean up the code and file placements.

neonbasschild
April 24th, 2015, 13:01
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23975-Legend-of-the-Five-Rings