PDA

View Full Version : Token health indicators very large

Patou
March 25th, 2015, 15:08
MODERATOR: Moved to new thread.

Help...

I have purchased the HD maps from the Jared Blando site.... see https://theredepic.bigcartel.com/category/hoard-of-the-dragon-queen-digital-downloads

This is for my Hoard of the Dragon Queen adventure and I noticed that when using the e tokens on the Greenest town map with the HP Bar on for the PC's and the Dot on for the enemy they both appear so big that they piratically hide the entire token. How can I fix that?

Trenloe
March 25th, 2015, 15:18
I noticed that when using the e tokens on the Greenest town map with the HP Bar on for the PC's and the Dot on for the enemy they both appear so big that they piratically hide the entire token. How can I fix that?
What is the size of the grid squares you draw on the map? You'll see the size in green as you're drawing the grid. And what size (pixel dimension) are the tokens you are using? FG resizes tokens to fit within the grid on the map (you can turn this off via the campaign options if you want), but the status bars/dots don't get resized in terms of pixels. So, if you have a small grid size then the token will be reduced in size to fit but the bar/dot won't, resulting in the large bars/dots you're seeing. The best thing you can do is resize the maps so that the grid is around 50 pixels per square. You'll need to use a graphics application to resize the maps outside of Fantasy Grounds.

Patou
March 25th, 2015, 15:25
I am using Token tool to create my tokens as Xorn displays in one of his videos. Thus a medium token at 128 pixels. My grid I believe are only 14 pixels per square. Does that make any sense? I tried zooming the map like crazy to make a bigger square when making my grid and I was still getting the same problem...arg!

Patou
March 25th, 2015, 15:31
the map I'm using is 3375 x 2500 in size definition

Skellan
March 25th, 2015, 15:32
If all else fails, you could try turning off the icons on the tokens in the options menu

Patou
March 25th, 2015, 15:38
I will test out making bigger pixel squares for my grid and the icons off on the options menu.

thanks

Trenloe
March 25th, 2015, 15:55
My grid I believe are only 14 pixels per square. Does that make any sense? I tried zooming the map like crazy to make a bigger square when making my grid and I was still getting the same problem...arg!
Zooming within FG won't help, it is the base size in pixels that FG reports when you create the square that determines the resizing of the token and the size of the bar/dots. The issue here is that you have very small pixel sizes per square and so the bar/dot is taking up a lot of that area. As Skellan suggests, just turn these off when you are using such maps.

Patou
March 25th, 2015, 16:13
Super stuff. I will test this out. Thanks a bunch guys. Fantasy Grounds has impressed my players like crazy and I really love it so far. As a DM it has greatly improved my gaming session. I will try to get those pictures for you guys during my next game. Itès a nice setup with the projector displaying 1080 x 720 onto the table. The players are freaking out. Adds a really big ''WOW' emotional response.

Patou
March 25th, 2015, 19:24
Zooming within FG won't help, it is the base size in pixels that FG reports when you create the square that determines the resizing of the token and the size of the bar/dots. The issue here is that you have very small pixel sizes per square and so the bar/dot is taking up a lot of that area. As Skellan suggests, just turn these off when you are using such maps.

Awesome stuff! Thanks Trenloe It works great. Resized my png file bigger and did exactly that.

Thanks