PDA

View Full Version : Bug? Calendar window does not update when changing year.

lbealsjr
March 24th, 2015, 17:37
Background: If you change the year date on the Calendar module and then click the set "Set current date to selected date" arrow icon the Calendar window does not refresh to show the year's calendar.

Step 1. Set date to 1491 DR in FR Calendar and click on "Set current date to selected date".
Step 2. Close and reopen Calendar to refresh.
Step 3. Select a random day and enter a note as a breadcrumb.
Step 4. Set date to 1492 DR in FR Calendar by modifying the date field, click "Set current date to selected date icon".
Step 5. Note that the note icon is still visible because the calendar window did not refresh.
Step 6. Close and reopen Calendar.
Step 7. Note that the note icon is no longer visible indicating that the correct year is now displayed.

Expectation: When user clicks on "Set current date to selected date" the Calendar should refresh to show the selected year.

Real potential for some confusion here as you are entering dates for campaign background etc. Despite changing the year date and then clicking on the set current date icon when you go to add a note it enters it under the previously entered year, it appears the calendar doesn't actually get updated to the correct year until you open and close it.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Lawrence

Trenloe
March 24th, 2015, 19:18
Have you tabbed out of the year field after you changed it? You'll notice that the calendar doesn't update until you tab out of the field you are entering - this ties into the "Set current date..." functionality as well as the new date in the date field doesn't "register" until tabbed out of.

lbealsjr
March 25th, 2015, 17:08
Thanks,
That worked, the lack of visual feedback on the interface is taking a bit of getting used to, I was expecting it to update as I entered data. Works much better now :)

Lawrence

Wolfheart
May 21st, 2015, 11:59
Question:
My campaign is about to reach the last day of the year - when I enter the next year, can I go back to the previous year to see any notes I've written (log entries)?

Moon Wizard
May 25th, 2015, 09:16
Yes. The easiest way to view historical entries is to click the All Logs button in the Calendar window. Another way is to change the calendar year field (if editing by keyboard, tab out to update the display; or use CTRL + mouse wheel for immediate display).

Regards,
JPG