PDA

View Full Version : how do you parse information that doesnt fall into a set catagory

msouthward
March 24th, 2015, 17:33
So ive been working on parsing the core rule books, modifying bits to fit my campaign setting as i go. What im wondering though is how do you parse random information that wouldnt fall into any one specific catagory. For example experience tables or adventuring information on movement or combat. Just to have that material available for people to reference within Fantasy Grounds.
My second question is if i use the quick parser utilitiy to make a short list of the monsters and spells that came in the teaser pdfs, can you open those files with Par5e at a later date to add to them or would i have to make a separate library module (ie. a monster manual II) to add new NPCs too.

Trenloe
March 24th, 2015, 19:28
My second question is if i use the quick parser utilitiy to make a short list of the monsters and spells that came in the teaser pdfs, can you open those files with Par5e at a later date to add to them or would i have to make a separate library module (ie. a monster manual II) to add new NPCs too.
The Basic Rules parser also creates a number of .txt file for use in the PAR5E - so you can modify those as you wish and run them through PAR5E. See step #5 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21835-D-amp-D-Basic-Rules-PDF-Parser

Ixion
March 24th, 2015, 19:32
So, would all that extra information generally fall into the reference manual category?

As a follow-up, I know when creating backgrounds, you can include rollable tables in Fantasy Grounds. Is this possible in other txt files? If so, what is the markup that allows that to happen?