PDA

View Full Version : PFS - Dawn of the Scarlet Sun - 28 March 7pm UTC.

xazil
March 24th, 2015, 14:24
The coastal city of Magnimar is no stranger to crime, yet recently, a series of murders has sent a chill through the early morning streets. Someone—or something—is stalking and killing worshipers of Sarenrae, the goddess of the sun. The city guard is prepared to ambush the murderer, but they need help—help of the kind that adventurers are so good at providing. What is the sinister truth behind these violent acts?

This is a single session Game-day module designed for six characters levels 4-6.

Calendar Thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1369

Please post below with your previous chronicles and character XMLs.

GM BK
March 24th, 2015, 15:08
I'll get together the Pre-Gen i'll be running for this tonight and send it over as soon as I'm done :)

HoloGnome
March 24th, 2015, 15:46
I signed up. Might be traveling Saturday, but should be able to play. Assuming we finish up Ice, I will probably bring Drakon...or maybe Zan...hmm.

Blackfoot
March 24th, 2015, 16:39
Cool. I've been wanting to play this one for a while now.
Character options look like:
Garbunkle - Gnome Two Weapon Fighter 6
Prindlemire - Gnome Undead Sorcerer 5
Stick - Tengu Inquisitor 4

Myrddin
March 25th, 2015, 01:21
Sounds fun. I signed up with Tremlin (Bard 5, Ranger 1). I'll post char xml etc later this week.

Victor
March 25th, 2015, 02:50
Woot! I'm there with either Belteshazzar (Magus 6) or Coburn (Warpriest 5)

GM BK
March 25th, 2015, 02:51
You people and your high level characters... Show offs! :P

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2015, 04:28
This is a mid tier game (well.. the low side of mid tier).. you're going to see mid tier characters trotted out for it.. :)

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2015, 04:30
I read somewhere that this was a tough scenario.. (death wise).. so bringing some asskicking might be a good thing. I'm going to go with Garbunkle... he's my most durable in this range.

GM BK
March 25th, 2015, 04:31
This is a mid tier game (well.. the low side of mid tier).. you're going to see mid tier characters trotted out for it.. :)

lol, just jealous :) At least I can run a pre-gen for this :)

xazil
March 25th, 2015, 05:10
I read somewhere that this was a tough scenario.. (death wise).. so bringing some asskicking might be a good thing. I'm going to go with Garbunkle... he's my most durable in this range.

Yeah, I wouldn't consider this a push over, but it looks like we will have a full party of six with mostly level 6s. If it was all level 4 core pre-gens I would ask people to reconsider.

Victor
March 25th, 2015, 06:59

*chuckle* The low side of mid-tier is as high as I can reach.

GM BK
March 25th, 2015, 07:00
Given the difficulty, would it be better if I ran the Cleric pre-gen instead of the Hunter?

xazil
March 25th, 2015, 07:03
Given the difficulty, would it be better if I ran the Cleric pre-gen instead of the Hunter? Up to you. You have a bard in the party which covers a lot of the same ground.

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2015, 07:05
I've got a level 7... that's ever so slightly to the high side of mid-tier.. but that's as far as I go.

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2015, 07:06
Given the difficulty, would it be better if I ran the Cleric pre-gen instead of the Hunter?Given the backstory for this... the cleric of Sarenrae might be kinda fun to play. (although she's a chick)

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2015, 08:30
Name: Garbunkle
PFS# 39241-4
Faction: Grand Lodge
Level: 6
Chronicle #17
XP: 15
Fame/PP: 30/30
Starting Gold: 1803.9
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I9_4DSavVmgcAKmu0naYfAuMXY_D0cP4SHPMjOAx-QU/edit?usp=sharing)

Having an issue attaching files.. will add in a few minutes.

Lord Kavos
March 25th, 2015, 13:27
I will be bringing Ulfgar once again...there are plenty of bars in Magnimar so he shouldn't feel out of place...

Btw Ulfgar is 5th, but he is pretty tough & hits hard, though he does tend to get hit as well...

GM BK
March 25th, 2015, 13:55
Up to you. You have a bard in the party which covers a lot of the same ground.

Ok, i'll probably stick with the hunter then. I had a lot of fun playing her last time :)

Myrddin
March 26th, 2015, 01:16
Tremlin's char .xml, inventory tracker and last chronicle sheet attached.

I'd like to purchase a Wand of CLW at the start using 2 PPs if that's possible (and have updated char .xml and inventory tracker accordingly).

Looking forward to Saturday!

kwarner1986
March 26th, 2015, 06:38
It's been a while, but I'll have time for this game as long as it doesn't go over 6 hours.

Btw Ulfgar is 5th, but he is pretty tough & hits hard, though he does tend to get hit as well...

Rebecca will be coming out of early retirement. To make sure Ulfgar doesn't get too big of an awwie.

xazil
March 26th, 2015, 11:15
It's been a while, but I'll have time for this game as long as it doesn't go over 6 hours.

This should be fine time wise there, you are the first reserve in case we have a drop-out. Good to see you back. :)

HoloGnome
March 26th, 2015, 11:40
I also have a 6-hr slot for this game, and may have to play from my car as I will be traveling. ^_^

Lord Kavos
March 26th, 2015, 13:49
Here are Ulfgar's files...

Ulfgar stands almost 7' tall, broad and muscular, with wild kept red hair and beard. A massive axe-like pole arm (Bardiche) is commonly at hand, and a gleaming greataxe is strapped across his back across heavy animal pelts that cover his legs and torso. Several pitchers and wineskins hang from his belt, along with a wooden keg tied to the top of his backpack.

A lover of Cayden Cailean and her brew, Ulfgar is able to use his prodigious drinking to fuel his anger and rage, downing pitchers and wineskins during the heat of battle without any loss of fighting prowess. He is a true drunken barbarian, quick to fight - his hot-blooded nature akin to all who inhabit the arctic north. But he is almost as quick to forget, his drunken demeanour bright and happy when not threatened.

Now that Ulfgar's clan has forged a relationship with The Exchange faction within the Pathfinder Society, Ulfgar has been sent to uphold the clan's bargain with them. As long there are opportunities to drink, wench and fight, the young, bold Ulfgar couldn't care less...

HoloGnome
March 26th, 2015, 14:03
...and if Ulfgar is in the party...

FREE BEER!!!

Lord Kavos
March 26th, 2015, 21:22
Ulfgar have magic backpack now...all he have to say is 'beer' and bottle always on top!

Drinking never been this easy! We'll sort of - will be even better when Ulfgar get Magic glove he's been told about...

P.s. I am buying a handy haversack pre game...glove of storing too expensive atm...

HoloGnome
March 27th, 2015, 16:54
Haha!

GM BK
March 28th, 2015, 00:57
Here are my files...

xazil
March 28th, 2015, 13:38
Server is up if you want to get on to check things before start or upload your character if you haven't done so to the thread.

kwarner1986
March 28th, 2015, 19:32
Do we know the status, if we have all six?

Blackfoot
March 28th, 2015, 19:33
Zan and Garbunkle are currently on the server.

kwarner1986
March 28th, 2015, 19:35
Yeah, I'm sitting there parked as well. Here's my stuff, just in case.

GM BK
March 28th, 2015, 19:38
Are you looking for a spot? If so, you can have mine. Sorry, Xaz... i failed my Fort save... that cold that i had brewing yesterday is in full bloom. I'll log on anyways, to make sure you've got your 6, but if you don't need me, i would like to respectfully bow out... :(

Victor
March 29th, 2015, 04:52
Great game, well played and run. Thanks Xazzy! Nice seeing your face again too, Rebecca. Was a lot of fun playing these more experienced powerful characters and getting hit so much harder too. Let's do it again, and again. :)
Belte's Back Baby!

HoloGnome
March 29th, 2015, 16:17
Nice job, everyone - and good teamwork. That was a tough one, but despite the difficulty, we were relatively unscathed! Thanks for GMing, xazil! :)

Lord Kavos
March 30th, 2015, 03:34
It was a good, tough adventure - you can tell that when Ulfgar remains mostly sober!

xazil
March 30th, 2015, 04:10
Even better for Ulfgar is that he gets to use his day jobs now as he finally turned up to the Nexavarian requisitioner covered in demonic ichor and proclaiming he came from fighting the demons and he was handed his weapon quick smart. :D

HoloGnome
March 30th, 2015, 04:20
So...what is the value of that boon? That it allows you to use prestige to buy a +1 cold iron-equivalent weapon? Does that special material do anything else?

xazil
March 30th, 2015, 04:23
It was originally going to be linked into the Worldwound Wardstones but it was retconned out as James Jacobs felt it was a crutch that took away from the achievements of the Crusaders holding back the demons there.

So now it is basically a way to purchase something different with some nice setting story behind it.

HoloGnome
March 30th, 2015, 05:12
Yeah...but can't you buy it with prestige instead of gold where it includes the special enchant cost? Isn't that the main value now? Normally, prestige buys (except for special things, spells, etc.) are capped at 2 and you can spend that 4-5K on something else.

xazil
March 30th, 2015, 05:23
Actually Nexavarian steel isn't normally PFS legal at all, its only able to be acquired because its listed on that boon.

kwarner1986
March 30th, 2015, 06:26
Great game, well played and run. Thanks Xazzy! Nice seeing your face again too, Rebecca. Was a lot of fun playing these more experienced powerful characters and getting hit so much harder too. Let's do it again, and again. :)
Belte's Back Baby!

It's good to be back, thank you. I would have hate to seen what would have happened to you guys if I didn't play on Saturday. That could have easily been a TPK. That end game boss was a "BOSS" Thanks for GMing. xazil sorry for the delay, but I'll be sending over my pdf real soon.

2 Oils of Bless Weapon were bought, and 1 was used.

No additional purchases at this time.

xazil
March 30th, 2015, 08:05
Nice job, everyone - and good teamwork. That was a tough one, but despite the difficulty, we were relatively unscathed! Thanks for GMing, xazil! :)

Thanks as well HG. Gave me a nice little practice run for GMing Day of the Demon during FG-Con. :D

xazil
March 31st, 2015, 12:19
Here you go Myrddin, give me a heads up if you have any problems and thanks for playing.

Myrddin
April 1st, 2015, 19:18
Thanks xazil and thank you very much for running. Great job! It was a fun scenario and the party teamwork worked really well. I hope you run some more soon and I get chance to play again!

Tremlin's chronicle looks good to me (the line item cost for Antiplague is entered as 15gp instead of 150gp, but the total boxes are all correct, so I don't think this will be a problem).