PDA

View Full Version : adventure deck, and add new cards.

jboyd4650
March 22nd, 2015, 22:38
Pretty much as it says. I have the adventure deck add-on, and have created some new cards. I have added them to the mod files, and I no longer get the adventure deck in my list of modules.
I figure there is something in the main files I need to tweek. If this is true, and someone knows which ones, I would really appreciate the pointers to them.

Thanks, J Boyd

jboyd4650
March 26th, 2015, 00:04
ok, found the pdf that came with the download...so that is good. Now, however, i can't get the adventure card extension to appear in my campaign creator on the opening page? was that broken on the last update?

Trenloe
March 26th, 2015, 00:12
How did you re-package the .ext? Make sure you use ZIP compression (not 7z or RAR or anything else) and make sure you ZIP from within the extension folder (select all files etc. within the folder and ZIP from there) then rename to .ext and copy to your <FG App Data>\extensions folder. Restart FG.

jboyd4650
March 26th, 2015, 00:31
actually, i uninstalled and reinstalled.
and, as stated, i no longer have the extension for adventure deck when creating a campaign
end up with these errors

Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_adventuredeck.lua"]:10: attempt to index global 'AdventureDeckLib' (a nil value)
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Adventure Deck:client.xml - Error on line 1423: Error reading end tag.
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Adventure Deck:common.xml - Error on line 1495: Error reading end tag.

Trenloe
March 26th, 2015, 00:48
Sounds like there's been an error introduced when you edited those files in adventure_deck.mod. Go to the line numbers indicated in the error messages and make sure all of your XML tags are closed properly.

If you are using NotePad++ to edit the XML, install the XML plugin and use the XML syntax checker to make sure you have corrected all errors.

jboyd4650
March 26th, 2015, 13:36
that, or saving with the .rar. but, shouldn't deleting and reinstalling fix that?

damned
March 26th, 2015, 13:43
deleting what?
you deleted the adventure deck mod file?
did you delete (or better - move it to another location) the unpacked version of your mod file?
fantasy grounds will usually read the unpacked version over the packed version....

jboyd4650
March 26th, 2015, 14:11
i uninstalled the adventure deck , and reinstalled same.
just removed the unpack3ed files, and it loaded fine...thanks Damned, and Trenloe...i am back at square one, but i have the work i did in another folder now :)