PDA

View Full Version : Seeking 5e DM!

Adamus
March 22nd, 2015, 16:03
I've been around fantasy grounds a long time now and I'm yet to find a good game that I fit into. I started thinking if I could recruit a professional DM who would be able to keep the game running smoothly and press the action. I'm willing to put out a small monthly donation to a DM who knows his stuff and wants to see a smooth flowing game. People pay monthly subscriptions for crap games all the time, why not pay for a badass DM. If any other players are interested let me know and we can grease the wheels with a little more moola to donate. I want a serious game with serious people. I want fun I just don't want to hear about your job and how much you drank last night when we log into voice chat.

Rogue
March 22nd, 2015, 21:52
Hey. Im a pretty serious DM about my games. I can do this for you, and you wouldn't even have to pay me. If you are willing to take the game seriously, then I can give you some serious playtime. For more information about me, then just PM me, or meet me in the FG Teamspeak. I'll be in Rogues Roost.

meyoshi
March 24th, 2015, 23:03
I had considered making a post where I would DM a 5E adventure, if someone did all the work in Fantasy Grounds to create it. That includes maps, encounters, etc. But then again who is going to want to go through an adventure they created? I guess the only other thing I could offer is to add my own personal changes.

I would never considered getting paid, because that means I would have to do all the work :)

Vishera
March 26th, 2015, 07:28
the thing is you never know if its going to be a smooth running game. flakey players fail to show up, or take forever to figure out some rule or decide as a group what they want to do. The key to being a successful DM is flexibility and able to adjust accordingly on the fly. A balanced game isn't always action either. It's a mix of action and roleplay which can take a while at times. I keep trying to start my adventure but people keep flaking out on me.

damned
March 26th, 2015, 13:13
Tassadar all I can suggest to you is that you DO start.
Keep recruiting - you will have drop outs.
As players drop out or become flaky have a new recruit pick up the ownerless character.
If the new player sticks around for 2-4 sessions then let them roll up their own if they want. I find mostly they are happy to continue with the "pregen".
After some attrition and replacement your group will settle down and you will find a reasonably stable group.
I think games tend to run faster and stay more interesting for all involved with about 4 players and a GM.
Thats why you should have 6 or 7 players in your group! RL happens. People get sick, get busy, need a night with family, leave, die etc
Have a roll call a couple of days out - if you wont have your 4 players minimum you decide whether to run it that week or not.
Ive run my group with just 2 players on 2 occasions and it was fine. But there was not going to be any serious events happening in those two sessions.
If you are going to be low on players or its an important session and you dont have all of your regulars - play a one shot of something different that week - or better yet - have one of your players run a one shot.
For a lot of groups - it just takes time. And sometimes its a hard slog - especially recruiting in very different timezones - you at least are close in TZ to most of the players.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-7.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

damned
March 26th, 2015, 13:15
Oh - and if you have a session that didnt go down so well - talk about it with the group. Find out what they thought about it. Find out what they did like and did not like. We've all got room for improvement.