PDA

View Full Version : In game time?

FSHSchmo
March 21st, 2015, 23:19
My Sunday group is starting Hoard of the Dragon Queen next week and I was thinking about using some kind of in game time keeper to put them under duress when needed (you have 5 minutes before they break through the door) or 30 minutes until sunrise, etc. Does anybody use anything of this nature?

damned
March 22nd, 2015, 01:23
there is nothing within Fantasy Grounds to support this but Im an advocate of putting some pressure on the players to make fast decisions at times!
i just do it verbally... 5mins... 3mins... you can hear the door beginning to split... 1mins... the door crashes open!

lbealsjr
March 22nd, 2015, 22:28
there is nothing within Fantasy Grounds to support this but Im an advocate of putting some pressure on the players to make fast decisions at times!
i just do it verbally... 5mins... 3mins... you can hear the door beginning to split... 1mins... the door crashes open!

Having an on-screen clock would be an interesting addition, there are a couple of AL modules where the players are operating against teh clock, right now I just manually update the calendar and time function and send that to the chat window.

Trenloe
March 22nd, 2015, 22:32
Having an on-screen clock would be an interesting addition
This can't be done on the current FG software platform, maybe after the move to the Unity platform, may-be... (Along with all of the other features everyone wants to be added once FG is on Unity).

JohnD
March 23rd, 2015, 00:30
Let them know they've taken too long through desriptives and consequences not a timer (which tells them they have a limited amount of specific time ahead of time)

damned
March 23rd, 2015, 01:00
This can't be done on the current FG software platform, maybe after the move to the Unity platform, may-be... (Along with all of the other features everyone wants to be added once FG is on Unity).

hah!