PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Classic Rules Set will not create campaign.

TheOldDragoon
March 19th, 2015, 22:56
Hoi, chummers!

I just purchased the Rolemaster rules set and installed it. On my laptop, which has had FG on it for some time, I attempted to create a campaign for Rolemaster and got the following message: "Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file ref/ref_basicclasses.xml - Error on line 4279: Error reading end tag." The latop is running Windows 7.

I have a new desktop PC running Windows 8.1, so I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of Fantasy Grounds, then closed that copy and installed Rolemaster Classic. I launched FG, tried to create a campaign, and got the same error.

Any suggestions?

TheOldDragoon

Trenloe
March 19th, 2015, 23:30
Go the the "Settings" window from the main FG launch screen. Press the "Update" button in the products section and enter your Fantasy Grounds website User Name and Password. Click "Login" and then OK. Then click the "Update" button. This will update all of the products registered to your user name - it should update the RM ruleset and fix the error you're getting.

TheOldDragoon
March 20th, 2015, 00:14
Well... that was embarrassingly simple.

THANKS!

Tiqon
March 25th, 2015, 06:40
Welcome to the FG and more importantly til RM in FG ;) TheOldDragoon.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. FG can be a big mouthfull to learn, but following the documentation that Dakadin made (you should find that in your Fantasy application grounds folder), and the videos he made also (you can find them here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17264-Videos ), you should be good to go. I know I have had many questions anyhow, and luckly we have a good community here that wants to help. Including the developer of the ruleset.

Have fun!