PDA

View Full Version : Players rolling their own initiative?

Vishera
March 19th, 2015, 07:10
I realized while demonstrating to a few of my friends (new to FG) I couldn't figure out how to allow them to roll their own initiative. Only I could roll it for them. Is there a way to let them roll their own?

damned
March 19th, 2015, 13:56
its working here. i cant see any option to turn this on or off...

Vishera
March 19th, 2015, 13:58
hmm

FSHSchmo
March 19th, 2015, 13:59
I realized while demonstrating to a few of my friends (new to FG) I couldn't figure out how to allow them to roll their own initiative. Only I could roll it for them. Is there a way to let them roll their own?

On the main page on their character sheet then can double click the "init" part and it rolls their initiative.

Vishera
March 19th, 2015, 14:00
ah that's how ya do it! I was trying to do it through the combat tracker.. since it makes sense that is where it would roll their init. thanks!

Trenloe
March 19th, 2015, 14:33
As long as you have the characters in the combat tracker (CT) they are linked into the CT and so when they roll INIT FG recognises the result as an initiative roll and populates the CT.

The thing to remember about the CT is that the player view is quite different to the GM view - and the players can't do much in the CT. Players do all their rolls from the character sheet (or hotkeys they've created from the character sheet).

Another thing to remember is that to see what the players see, start up another instance of Fantasy Grounds on the same computer as the GM instance and "Join Game" using a hostname of localhost - this is invaluable in knowing what the players are seeing, it is usually quite different from what the GMs see.