PDA

View Full Version : Sitting at Connection History

fibil
March 18th, 2015, 03:24
As the title insinuates I am having issues connecting to the host. It works sometimes it seems, but not often. When I attempt to connect using the IP address the host shows that I connect then disconnect. On my end it sits at the "connection history" screen and just says connecting, then will just either sit there or move onto the next loading screen for a moment before going back to the "getting started" screen. I can reliable connect on my main computer that normally sits three feet away using the same wireless connection, but not my wireless. I assume it is something with the laptop, but it is a recent problem and I haven't made any major changes on the computer, and the ones I did I reversed (removing DC universe online).

Any suggestions on how to fix this situation? Our Gm says to just get another laptop but I would much rather avoid that particular solution.

Trenloe
March 18th, 2015, 03:29
Sounds like an issue with your wireless connection on your laptop - check the signal strength and connection speed while trying to connect.

Also, open up a command prompt (cmd) and type ping -t <IP address of the GM computer> and keep this going when you attempt to connect - if it shows timeouts or really long ping times (over a few hundred mS is "long") then there is definitely an issue with the connection speed from your laptop to the GM PC. You could try updating the wireless driver, seeing if there is a setting in the wireless driver advanced section to increase power and/or not go to sleep.

fibil
March 18th, 2015, 17:18
Thank you for the quick response! When I get home I can try this out and see what crops up.