PDA

View Full Version : Traveller: The New Era Game Forming

Rogue
March 14th, 2015, 07:48
Hey all!
A friend of mine sent me a bunch of traveller books. they include Classic, GURPS, Mega, Mongoose and The New Era. Out of all of these, The New Era seems most appealing to me story wise. I am a new GM at this, but have played it. Its been about a year though. The start time would be sometime in April, and depends on whether I get a job I have applied and interviewed for. If I get the job, I will have to work all weekends and holidays, but have a feeling my days off are going to be Tuesday and Wednesday. If that is the case, Tuesday evening would be ideal. No experience necessary (we could learn together) and veterans welcome. This will be played through the SXG site and Teamspeak, so anyone who played would have to become a member of SXG. Its a great group of gamers. Very welcoming.
So, who might be interested in this?

damned
March 14th, 2015, 12:49
Ive never played Traveller but would like to but cant fit another game in!
Good luck Rogue :)

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/fg-con-6-150-15.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Andraax
March 14th, 2015, 15:48
I might be interested, but not on Tuesday. :-)

Bashido2
March 15th, 2015, 01:45
Yeah, tuesday is a no go for me too and im rather full booked.
But ill put this thread as "Maybe interested" incase i get information thursdays or wednesays in the future.

AstaSyneri
March 16th, 2015, 00:07
What time zone are you talking about?

Bashido2
March 16th, 2015, 02:05
Im having abit of issues right now with schedules and games, but i am +1 GMT.
Im not sure i can even attend this game based on the current happenings anyway.
But ill see after rogue gets or doesnt get her schedule change and work.

Rogue
March 16th, 2015, 23:28
the timezone is EDT GMT -5

AstaSyneri
March 17th, 2015, 09:28
the timezone is EDT GMT -5

Tuesdays would have been perfect, alas for somebody in Western Europe this it's likely too late. ;-)

The reference to SXG should have clued me in. I hope you find your group!

Rogue
March 18th, 2015, 14:46
Okay, an Update.
I did not get the job I interviewed for, so I am planning on making this game on Sunday Evenings, time is going to be up for decision by the time the majority is available to play. I have all day free. so, if you are interested, drop a line and let me know. Together we can get a time nailed down.

donpaulo
March 22nd, 2015, 04:01
I might be interested but live in East Asia so time could be an issue. I am GMT +9

for example Sunday 9am EDT is 10pm JST and I can do that

Rogue
March 22nd, 2015, 13:56
Unfortunately though, the game will be held at around 6 PM EST. so 7 AM your time I believe?

AstaSyneri
March 23rd, 2015, 09:37
Rogue, have you put some thought what kind of campaign it is you want to run? Maybe you can make us drool (just a little bit)? ;-)

Rogue
March 23rd, 2015, 12:13
Yes I have, and because this is a New Era game, It will be basically a kind of space exploration theme. A group of people who either by accident or planning, get pulled into helping find old planets that were part of the Old Imperium and getting them out of their backward ways and back to the stars. Or, I have other ideas that I might try, such as a ship just plain misjumping and getting lost, or others. It really depends on the characters and what they are designed to function as. My job is to keep you guessing, right? ;)

AstaSyneri
March 23rd, 2015, 13:39
It does sound attractive, unfortunately 6 pm EST makes the start point around 11 or even 12 p.m in Europe, something I could not possible sustain :(.

I wish you lots of fun!

Andraax
March 23rd, 2015, 13:58
It does sound attractive, unfortunately 6 pm EST makes the start point around 11 or even 12 p.m in Europe, something I could not possible sustain :(.

I assume you mean "11pm or 12am"? ;-)

Bashido2
March 24th, 2015, 10:09
Tuesdays and wednesdays are busy for me.
If its those days, i cannot be around for this game.

Ferrin
March 31st, 2015, 00:30
Hi, I actually have a set of classic traveller books, alien races and all. My schedule is open for anything but tues evenings atm. But I will definitely explore some space and map some jump points. Let me know if you want me in your game.