PDA

View Full Version : Versatile weapons?

Vishera
March 14th, 2015, 05:50
Is there a way to distinguish if a character is using their weapon versatile or not? I couldnt figure out a way to 'hot swap' between 1 handed or 2. So I told them to add the weapon a 2nd time and I set the damage according and added (Versatile) by the name so they can tell the difference.

thanks!

someoneinatree
March 15th, 2015, 11:04
That's how I would do it. Longsword (1H) & Longsword (2H) as two different weapons with different damage calculations.

GunnarGreybeard
March 15th, 2015, 14:23
I have always set them up as 2 weapons when I do NPCs. Just seems to make it easier that way and would probably work as well for PCs.

Zacchaeus
March 15th, 2015, 18:48
There is no automatic way to do this so, yes, as suggested two entries in the actions tab. One of my players has a versatile weapon which does extra damage against undead and he also has the charger feat. So to cater for all possibilities he has eight entries for the same weapon :)

Omalus
December 6th, 2019, 17:10
I know this is an old post, but I can't find any more recent ones. I have the 5e Essential package (PH, DMG, etc.). Do I have to make a new item for the 2H option? I do not see in the list under weapons a second entry for Warhammer (2H).

Any feedback or links to a more up to date tutorial on this would be great!

Cheers.

Eru the One
December 6th, 2019, 17:22
I use this extension and have not had any issues:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47341-Extension-Weapon-Handling-Versatile-and-Offhand-attack

NuclearMonkey
December 6th, 2019, 17:30
I am on my phone, so I can’t find the link but there is a two handed extension on the forum. I’ll post later when I have time to find it.

Just saw the same answer above

Omalus
December 6th, 2019, 18:23
Thank you Eru the One and NuclearMonkey,

This is exactly what I am looking for. Now to look up how extensions work. ;)

Good gaming!

robspinks
April 13th, 2020, 18:09
Thank you Eru the One and NuclearMonkey,

This is exactly what I am looking for. Now to look up how extensions work. ;)

Good gaming!

i figured that one out; it needs to go in the extensions folder on the DM's machine / server

But i just used it and the two handed damage didnt work, the script isnt working

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2020, 18:54
i figured that one out; it needs to go in the extensions folder on the DM's machine / server

But i just used it and the two handed damage didnt work, the script isnt working

Hi rob, welcome to FG. If you are using Unity many extension may not work as expected.

Apocrypha
April 30th, 2020, 21:26
Hi rob, welcome to FG. If you are using Unity many extension may not work as expected.
I just installed this extension in Unity. I can confirm it works.