PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Chases (Dogfights)

Irondrake
March 14th, 2015, 01:53
I'm not quite sure I understand chases. How does this work when vehicles (the player's vehicle holds multiple passengers, then there are multiple opponent single-seat vehicles) are involved? Are the characters added to the chase tracker? Just the vehicles? I know that trait rolls are used to determine how many cards are drawn for initiative purposes, but once the right number are drawn then discarded, I could not get the chase tracker to sort the remainder. An example of how this works would be great!

Doswelk
March 14th, 2015, 07:53
PC is updating right now so cannot test, I think I put the other PCs as followers of the drivers in the chase tracker (like extras) so they all act on the same card.

Mask_of_winter
March 15th, 2015, 04:22
You can nominate one of the PC's (the pilot is a good choice) and you drop the other pc's in the group icon to the right of the leader's name. That way the crew will all act under the same initiative card. Once all actors in the chase have been dealt their cards and chosen the one they want to act under you can click on "reorder" and proceed round to round.

I hope that helps.

Irondrake
March 16th, 2015, 23:57
Ok so the pcs and moved are added rather than the vehicles? The vehicles weapons will be doing the damage to each other. I never got the reorder to quite work.

Doswelk
March 19th, 2015, 09:25
Ok so the pcs and moved are added rather than the vehicles? The vehicles weapons will be doing the damage to each other. I never got the reorder to quite work.
If a player got multiple cards did you double click on the card they chose?
e.g. 6 hearts and 10 clubs - the 10 is higher but will cause an obstacle, so the player picks the 6, you double click the 6 hearts to assign it to be used for calculating initiative order.