PDA

View Full Version : The Combat Tracker: I hate you

Archlyte
March 13th, 2015, 21:52
I am using the RMC ruleset and I am frustrated by the fact that I have to use the combat tracker for everything. There is no function that I can find for letting characters roll attacks without giving them the combat tracker. I know you can hide everything but I wish you could just have them make the roll and drag the result. Maybe I am missing something.

Also I modified it so that they can get the Table Resolver on the client side, but then I can't see what they have resolved.

I am impressed by how much the tracker actually does, but I wish the table resolver wasn't married to it.

Archlyte
March 13th, 2015, 21:55
I also hate that I can't drag characters around the tracker. I don't use initiative or Activity%. Instead I group combatants by "Frame" and then they roll simultaneous rolls. Both attacks can hit/0 hit as normal, but the highest net score is considered to have the initiative for the purpose of instant death.

I would like to be able to drag the characters around on the tracker, but alas no.

darrenan
March 13th, 2015, 22:43
Couldn't you just assign each frame an initiative number and group them that way? If you're not using initiative anyway, overloading the use of that field might accomplish what you want? Sure, it's not as easy as dragging.

Archlyte
March 13th, 2015, 23:24
It's a good idea. I would have to basically give them a high number in the tens place like 5x 6x 7x but it would work. Thank you :) You are right about it not being as easy as dragging but at least its a way to do it.

Archlyte
March 13th, 2015, 23:27
I guess I would like a way for the roll to be made with a default target (AT: X? DB: X?) so it just makes the roll if no target is assigned. Right now it just won't roll if you don't have a target selected.

Dakadin
March 14th, 2015, 03:13
When FG3 was release, some of the functionality changed which has made things a bit more cumbersome because targeting changed with that release. The RMC ruleset never had the ability to drag results to a target like the other rulesets and it would be much harder to accomplish in the non-CoreRPG version that it is now. If I can find time to finish up my CoreRPG compatible version, it should be much easier to handle the attacks from the character sheet or allow dropping results on a target. I plan on adding an option to automatically apply the results (if that is how the GM wants to run their game) but that is the only way I can see eliminating the table resolver from needing to be connected.

I would like to hear more about your initiative method since I would like to provide options for different initiative systems. No guarantee I can include it but I would at least like to know how it works so I can use that information to make the best design decisions.