PDA

View Full Version : Solo play questions

tanker11
March 10th, 2015, 17:48
I bought FG to allow me to initially play a solo SW fantasy game. My intent is to run a group of characters (all myself) through published modules as a sort of story telling exercise. Later I would like to get into other games or GM my own after I learn the FG and SW systems.

Questions: I am running a single FG instance on my laptop while traveling.
1) How do I get the PC portraits to appear on the top left of the GM screen?
--- I have created the 6 PCs, and I can open the sheets from the "PC" tab on the right side bar, but from watching videos, it looks like the character sheet could be opened from the portrait on the top left.

2) PC skills and attcks not showing in combat tracker (I have clicked the sword icon on teh tracker and clicked the star next to each item on the PC sheet)? I populated the tracker by dragging enemies from the module to the tracker...that works....I populated with PCs by dragging the portrait from the PC tab to the tracker. Should I have dragged the token from each sheet instead (don't have FG with me to test this)?

Trenloe
March 10th, 2015, 18:03
1) The portraits will only appear when a PC is selected by a player. You will need to launch another instance of FG locally and Join Game with a host address of localhost - this won't have a license clash and will allow you to have one instance as a GM and once as a player.

2) PC attacks etc. don't appear in the combat tracker. The combat tracker is primarily for the GM and shows data for NPCs. Players will roll their attacks etc. directly from their character sheet. If the GM wants to roll, then they can click the link in the combat tracker to open the character sheet and roll from there.

tanker11
March 10th, 2015, 18:49
Trenloe, thanks for the quick reply...that was super fast.

1- Can the GM take over playing a PC if the player drops/disconnect?

2- If I want to solo test using 6 PCs, can I run all 6 by just using a second instance of FG....one with the GM, a second with all 6 PCs?

Trenloe
March 10th, 2015, 18:55
1) The GM always has access to the PC sheets, can make rolls, etc.. If the player drops, the main thing you'll see is that the portraits for the PCs selected by the player will disappear from the desktop, that's it really.

2) As a player connected to the GM you can keep selecting PCs - as many as you want really. Switch between the character sheets by clicking on the PC portraits on the desktop.

Darkwraith
March 12th, 2015, 23:56
Don't forget you can change the color of the dice, and that change is per character.