PDA

View Full Version : Registering Interest: Second Darkness AP

lachancery
March 6th, 2015, 22:52
This post is somewhat the reverse of a "Guaging Interest" one. I am interested in playing Paizo's Pathfinder Second Darkness Adventure Path (https://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/secondDarkness). This post is meant to start a thread should there ever be a GM interested in running that AP.

[Crossed Fingers]

Nickademus
March 7th, 2015, 02:42
It worked for me for Mummy's Mask.

Would throw my lot in for SD depending on the day.

Trenloe
March 7th, 2015, 03:31
Can't get enough drow, eh?

Taonna
March 7th, 2015, 06:04
I would be in on this if I could be

Bashido2
March 7th, 2015, 08:26
Might be interested, depending on the day.
I usually play wizard/alchemist/monk/sorcerer/oracle

Id like to go simple this time around, the good old evocation caster Wizard or Sorcerer.
I recently read about a variant style 3.5 wizard option called an "Eidetic Wizard", which removes the familiar and spell book and instead remembers spells.
Could be fun to try out.

RustyAngel
March 7th, 2015, 14:51
I would also be interested in this, depending on the day/time its run.

xKrisx
March 7th, 2015, 21:02
I have some interest along with a room mate..

Dr_Babylon
March 8th, 2015, 01:30
My goodness! Look how popular!

I won't even attempt to tax yet another project with my high-strung drama and special predilections but I do wish you the best of luck in finding that which you seek, dear lachancery.

(swoons out of the scene)

lachancery
March 9th, 2015, 05:41
It seems there would be enough interest to create a full party... We only need to settle the two most critical elements: a great GM and a time slot that works for everyone!

Still crossing fingers for the first; as for the second, Tuesdays @ 8:30pm EDT would be my best slot.

Nickademus
March 9th, 2015, 06:49
Myself, I will be running a game on Tuesday. I can do Wednesday (if the other game doesn't fill out), Friday, or Saturday.

Gwaihir Scout
March 10th, 2015, 23:57
I've already invested to much into prepping a different campaign, but I've run this one before and have a bare-bones conversion to PFRPG of this campaign in FG. I didn't waste a lot of time on it, so I don't mind giving the files to whoever picks this up.

lachancery
March 11th, 2015, 05:41
I've already invested to much into prepping a different campaign, but I've run this one before and have a bare-bones conversion to PFRPG of this campaign in FG. I didn't waste a lot of time on it, so I don't mind giving the files to whoever picks this up.
Huh, I can't help trying to read between the lines... Did you stop because you didn't enjoy the AP?

My interest in this AP is a combination of the starting setting (the miscreant/pirate infested town of Riddleport), the exploration of Golarion's Underground realms and experiencing the saga that support the infamous reputation drows have in all Golarion-based published works.

Playing through an AP is a huge commitment though if it doesn't live up to my romantic imagination... I'd love to hear your (spoiler-free) opinion; I may prefer to explore alternate campaigns instead. ;)

Gwaihir Scout
March 11th, 2015, 06:11
You're reading too much into it. I knew as soon as I finished typing that that was an obvious interpretation, though. I ran it as a solo game for a friend since our normal game could only rarely meet because of scheduling problems with the other players. That's why I didn't spend a lot of effort on it.

That said, there's three major problems with the AP. First, the player's guide is all "Yay, Riddleport, wretched hive of scum and villainy!" and then you have to leave and go help the elves. The GM can fix that by managing that expectation up front, maybe changing the reason why you're in Riddleport. Second is an XP gap between chapters 2 and 3. Paizo was experimenting there to let GMs do their own thing. I guess you could fill it with a proper closer to the Riddleport section, but that means doing writing. Finally, chapter 5 just stinks.

It's worth playing, especially since chapter 4 is awesome, 1-3 are pretty cool by themselves, and 6 has an interesting twist on the typical final villain's lair. It just needs a good bit of GM work to make the chapter 2-3 transition work, and to redeem chapter 5. That's what the Paizo forums are for, I guess.