PDA

View Full Version : Character conection

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 5th, 2015, 04:12
I have two computers in one of them I connected as host and the other as a guest. On the computer that was as a guest I created shortcuts to a character.
Now the question I have is:
If someone else on another computer to use the same name that I used, it will already have created shortcuts and placement of items on the screen or not.

Trenloe
March 5th, 2015, 04:27
If someone else on another computer to use the same name that I used, it will already have created shortcuts and placement of items on the screen or not.
Things like that are stored locally in the player cache directory, so they won't be available on a different computer; even with the same player name.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 5th, 2015, 10:45
Thanks Trenloe

ddavison
March 5th, 2015, 12:54
I'm not sure if this helps or not, but the guest computer can choose to "release" any character sheets that they created inside the campaign and then someone else can log in and take control of those characters.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 5th, 2015, 18:09
I know about it ddavison (thanks for the help).
But if I make all shortcuts and export the character he wil be the shortcut for the player what import him?

Trenloe
March 5th, 2015, 18:17
But if I make all shortcuts and export the character he wil be the shortcut for the player what import him?
To confirm - what do you mean by shortcuts? Desktop Hot-keys (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Hot_Keys) or links to library data/items within the Character Sheet?

ddavison
March 5th, 2015, 18:43
Can you post a screen shot of what you are referring to?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 5th, 2015, 20:23
Yes Trenloe is Desktop Hot-Keys.

Trenloe
March 5th, 2015, 20:44
In that case, the data is helped locally and is not automatically transferred to any other computer. What I said in post #2 is correct.

However, you can copy over the hotkey info manually:

Open the FG App Data folder directory (click on the folder icon on the FG launch screen).
Go to the cache\<campaign name>\usersettings directory directory.
There will be some files called hotkeys_id-XXXXX.xml (where X is the character number in the main campaign database - starting at 00001).
If there are multiple hotkeys_id-XXXXX.xml files, open them with a text editor and determine which one is the one you want to transfer.
Copy this hotkeys_id-XXXXX.xml file to the same location on the other computer - cache\<campaign name>\usersettings.

Then, when that PC is used on the other computer it will use the same hotkeys. If you make changes to them you will have to copy the file again as required.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 5th, 2015, 20:47
Thanks for the help, I tested the instructions and they worked :)

Callum
March 5th, 2015, 21:46

That's what I like to call him, too! ;-)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
March 5th, 2015, 23:29
LoL