PDA

View Full Version : How does expend on next roll work?

Thegroo
March 3rd, 2015, 00:46
In the Combat Tracker i want to see, when a Player has readied an Action

On the Character sheet i created an Action 'Ready Action'
Effect is: Ready Action
Duration is: 1 RND
Target is: Self
Expend is: on next roll

I applyed the effect and ist shows fine in CT.
Now i make an attack roll from the character sheet.
But the Effect doesn't vanish.

Anyone knows what i'm doing wrong? (V3.0.10)

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2015, 01:14
The expend on next roll has to be tied to a specific roll effect: ATK: for an attack roll, DMG: for a damage roll, etc.. As your effect doesn't have an ATK: effect then it won't disappear when you roll an attack. Try using an effect of Readied Attack; ATK:0 and set it to expend on next roll.

Thegroo
March 3rd, 2015, 01:48
That worked
Thank you very much

PS: How to use 'on next action'

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2015, 02:22
Next action applies to a single action that has multiple rolls. I'm not that familiar with 5E, so not 100% sure about the terminology, but it would be if a creature had more than one attack as an action, or an area of effect spell triggered multiple saving throws, or if damage was being applied multiple times as part of one action. Using "next roll" the effect would only apply to the first roll in a multi-roll action (e.g. the first attack of a multi-attack action), but if you wanted to apply the effect to all dice rolls as part of the action then use expend on next action. Note: this action must be triggered by a single double-click or button press for FG to recognise it as one action.

I'm not sure how appropriate this will be to the 5E ruleset, especially for attacks from creatures. It looks like the "multiattack" action isn't coded for one double-click, it's up to the GM to do each attack as a separate action.

Thegroo
March 3rd, 2015, 09:52
Thank you again