PDA

View Full Version : HP under zero extension

Kelendros78
February 27th, 2015, 00:06
Fixed the Hp under zero ext finally here it is
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/82yc8w4umttavvg/AAC4TdBZQ7RCJlM95FvFSaapa?dl=0

4/15 -- added the test version for 3.0.12 to the folder.

Updated 3/30/2015 - fixed the string so that it shows fully. Also got rid of the string when you heal so that it correctly displays.

Updated 3/1/2015 - the remainder of damage was set back to global so that it would not be nil and give a nil error

jh79
March 30th, 2015, 01:47
Hello, really like your extension but when we used this in a game session, and damage was rolled on a monster, the name of the monster you hit would not display in chat window. The damage was still done correctly though and the monster took the damage in the combat tracker, just not showing which monster was hit in chat window, it's blank.

I use 3.0.11 test version. I know it was only updated to work with 3.0.10, just a head's up for that little bug in 3.0.11 test. I'm going to have to take this extension out for now until it is fixed, since it was causing confusion with the players. Thanks for your work on this.

Kelendros78
March 31st, 2015, 00:02
Hello, really like your extension but when we used this in a game session, and damage was rolled on a monster, the name of the monster you hit would not display in chat window. The damage was still done correctly though and the monster took the damage in the combat tracker, just not showing which monster was hit in chat window, it's blank.

I use 3.0.11 test version. I know it was only updated to work with 3.0.10, just a head's up for that little bug in 3.0.11 test. I'm going to have to take this extension out for now until it is fixed, since it was causing confusion with the players. Thanks for your work on this.

Thanks for the heads up. I noticed this weekend that it wasn't acting as expected in 3.0.10. I implemented the fixes today let me know it it works correctly for you and thanks again for the heads up.

jh79
March 31st, 2015, 00:43
Working great in 3.0.11 test, thank you for your continued hard work on this, it not only helps out with Druid HP when they turn back from animal form, but also much easier to visually calculate instant death, from going down to 0 first and then matching or exceeding their HP. Not that I throw to much of that my players way :D, I would highly suggest everyone that plays 5e download this, great job!

jh79
April 5th, 2015, 06:30
Updated to 3.0.12 test, and again didn't show the monster in the chat, I'll have to take it out again for now until fixed, thanks for your continued hard work on this, I really like it.

damned
April 5th, 2015, 08:48
Generally JH79 you should not be using the test slot for your live games.
You will experience issues such as this one in doing so.

Also please make sure you are running the Live 3.0.11 for FG Con :)

jh79
April 5th, 2015, 09:20
I've been using all the latest test versions for live games since I started back up 8 months ago, and had 0 issues as long as everyone is updated to me, the coding seems real solid in test and stable. The only problem has been this one out of date extensions, which I took out, all the rest are working very well along with the main engine in test.

As far as going backwards I won't do that, I had a player, go from 3.0.11 to 3.0.10 and now he cant even open Fantasy Grounds, even after going in and working with Doug, and asking advise from all you guys. I'm paranoid it can happen again to me, so I was planning on running a quick updating class to the players that join my game at FG-Con. Just one more thing they can learn while playing in the session :)

damned
April 5th, 2015, 09:39
JH79 - players playing on your game will also be playing in other games and with other rulesets.
The reason new test versions are put in the Test slot is that they DO require testing and they DO have errors and they DO break extensions.
This Extension isnt broken - it works on the Public release of FG. Updating the extension for 3.0.12 today might require it to be updated again tomorrow as more changes are introduced.

FG Con GM Guidelines do clearly request that you stay on the live version of FG and not use test versions.

https://www.fg-con.com/information/gm-guidelines/

GMs: Please always run your game in Live Mode – this is the current live, production version of Fantasy Grounds.

There is no advantage to using the Test version in live play unless you are specifically bug testing or doing your own coding.

If you put your friend in touch with me Ill help him sort out his upgrade/downgrade issue...

Thanks!
:)

jh79
April 5th, 2015, 10:19
Sent you an email Damned.

damned
April 5th, 2015, 10:20
Thanks JH79! All good - appreciate your help :)

Kelendros78
April 5th, 2015, 16:09
I have updated the extension for testing. Its now in the same folder as my live version.

lbealsjr
April 26th, 2015, 17:38
Under version 3.0.12 and 3.0.13 (just released) using this extension (the one labeled current and the one labeled test 3/0/12) and attempting to expend hit dice or using second wind pops up the Console with the following error -

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1130: attempt to compare number with nil

it works but just gives that error. Regular healing works fine. It doesn't stop the game or crash just pops up the console window.

Lawrence

Kelendros78
April 26th, 2015, 18:51
Some where along the way my remainder of damage was getting set to nil I have resolved the issue and the current version of the extension is available through the dropbox link.

Cheers,
Kel

Vackipleur
June 2nd, 2015, 20:49
Hi,

Is it possible to update this extension to 3.1, please ?

jh79
June 3rd, 2015, 06:37
Hi,

Is it possible to update this extension to 3.1, please ?

It seems to be working fine for me with the current version of the extension, I just tested it. Did you actually try it out? Am I missing something?

Vackipleur
June 3rd, 2015, 15:03
Indeed, I tried it out but this extension is in conflict with the new patch. For example, if I use the new numerical "RESIST" function it doesn't work properly. Not your extension but the numerical value is not counted and act like a simple RESIST...

Example: I've a character with the 'Heavy Armor Mastery' feat which gives "RESIST: 3 bludgeoning, piercing, slashing". Without your extension, everything is ok and 3 damage points are cancelled. With your extension, all damage are halved... just like a plain RESIST.

:)

jh79
June 4th, 2015, 05:38
Got the scoop on this now, I see what your saying. All the other extensions I use have been updated. I'm sure Kelendros will be around soon to update it.

Vackipleur
June 4th, 2015, 10:08
I've said "your" extension but I meant Kelendro78's entension :)

My bad