PDA

View Full Version : Token Tool Tips

Nickademus
March 2nd, 2015, 19:15
Not sure if it's supposed to be this way or just something neglected. The tokens in the Token Bag have tool tips that display their name in when the mouse cursor hovers over them. But when drug to an image they no longer have a tool tip.

Would be nice to be able to apply a custom tool tip that the players could see, but even if the token's picture file name was shown to the players as a tool tip it would give the GM a way to 'label' the tokens on an image.

Trenloe
March 2nd, 2015, 20:00
Would be nice to be able to apply a custom tool tip that the players could see
Type what you want to name the tokens in the chat window but don't press enter. Drag the text from the chat window and drop it on the token in the image. The text will be used as the tooltip for the token on the image.

Nickademus
March 2nd, 2015, 22:45
That works, but for the number of tokens that I'm planning to use (well, the players are planning to use), it would be nice if the tokens defaulted to the file name like in the token bag. Oh well, guess this will have to do.

Trenloe
March 2nd, 2015, 22:46
it would be nice if the tokens defaulted to the file name like in the token bag.
You know where to go to add it as a feature request. :)

Nickademus
March 3rd, 2015, 06:09
Bah. Not worth Smite Work's effort. Manual assignment will do.

Nickademus
March 4th, 2015, 01:46
In case anyone else held an interest in this, I'd like to pass along a little piece of info I found that makes the manual assignment of token labels easier (and subsequently the labeling of window tabs and other such things).

Type what you want to name the tokens in the chat window but don't press enter. Drag the text from the chat window and drop it on the token in the image. The text will be used as the tooltip for the token on the image.

You can drag a chat frame from a story entry (or GM text from the chat window, which defaults to a story frame) onto a token as well. No need to type in the chat window if you know ahead of time what the text is.

Also, dragging the text from the chat input removes it which is annoying when labeling multiple tokens or tabs. But you can drag the GM text multiple times if you press enter after typing it in. I remember this not being the case in the past, but it is now.

Trenloe
March 4th, 2015, 01:52
Cool tip - thanks.

lbealsjr
March 4th, 2015, 20:36
Bah. Not worth Smite Work's effort. Manual assignment will do.

Doesn't the option "Token (GM) - Token:Show name - then select tooltip or label" do what you want it to do? Or am I misunderstanding?

Nickademus
March 4th, 2015, 20:49
Doesn't the option "Token (GM) - Token:Show name - then select tooltip or label" do what you want it to do? Or am I misunderstanding?

Yes and no. That option is only for tokens of entries in the Combat Tracker. I'm referring to any token, even ones just drug from the token bag. Also, the name that option uses is the name of the entity in the CT, not the name of the token image.