PDA

View Full Version : Conversions from pathfinder to 5E

Skellan
February 25th, 2015, 13:35
I am thinking of running some scenarios in 5e. Is it possible to open a .mod file and change it so it is available to select in the 5e ruleset? I am thinking of converting the monsters etc to 5e while keeping the story and maps etc.

Trenloe
February 25th, 2015, 14:22
If there is anything specifically different between a component in the two rulesets then you'll have issues. You'll be able to bring over story and images from a pathfinder module but NPC and item records won't open or populate properly as the data structure is different.

grapper
February 25th, 2015, 19:29
I've been doing that with my old modules that I'm converting.

I start a new campaign to build the 5E version of the module. Unzip the old module and copy the images into the new campaign and change the ruleset to "Any" and change it back into a .mod. This allows me to access the story entries easily within FG, however, they lose their formatting when they are copied and pasted, but it is still much easier than pulling them from a pdf.

Nylanfs
February 25th, 2015, 20:41
Grapper, couldn't you simply drag your items from the module to your campaign (so it retains formating) and then export out that campaign w/ a different name?

Trenloe
February 25th, 2015, 22:24
Grapper, couldn't you simply drag your items from the module to your campaign (so it retains formating) and then export out that campaign w/ a different name?
This can only be done if the original module was created with the story entries under the library, not just the list of story entries in a tab (category) in the campaign Story list. Dragging entries in the tab categories just moves the entry from one category to another, it doesn't copy it. To copy the Story entries they must be dragged from the library.

Most modules exported from FG will have the story entries in the library, so this is a good approach to moving story entries from one campaign to another.

grapper
February 25th, 2015, 23:50
:) Oh! you can duplicate them by opening them and then dragging the tag from the top of the entry! I didn't even think to do this because dragging them from one tab to the other just moved where they were displayed, but didn't create a permanent duplicate. This will save having to reformat them. Thanks for the suggestion.