PDA

View Full Version : Damage Reduction - Heavy Armor Master

DAWPage
February 24th, 2015, 19:48
Is there effect for Damage Reduction in 5E?

I tried using "DR: 3 slashing" etc, but it does't work.

Thanks,

Dave

Trenloe
February 24th, 2015, 19:57
The 5E effects page in the Wiki was updated pretty recently and this doesn't list DR as a valid effect: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

Zacchaeus
February 24th, 2015, 20:20
The best way to deal with this is for the DM to create a modifier of -3, and then drag it into a hotkey. Then any time that individual is about to take damage hit the hotkey before making the roll. As Trenloe says there isn't a way to do this with an effect.

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2015, 07:38
Yeah, it's a funky ability as it's the only DR in the game right now when I last checked through all the books. So, it wasn't initially prioritized, since it was a one-off. It's still on my list of items to add.

Cheers,
JPG

Zacchaeus
February 26th, 2015, 21:57
Indeed there aren't many such things. The only other one I can think of off hand is the Monks Deflect missiles ability but that's a whole load more problematic than the simple DR of the Heavy Armour master feat.

Zacchaeus
February 26th, 2015, 22:07
Oh, wait. I've just read Xorn's post below and there's the way to automate the Monks deflect missiles ability. You create and effect on the beastie doing the attack; not on the target of the attack. Brilliant.

Dragonan
April 9th, 2016, 14:27
Hi

we just mad a power on the action tab that had an effect that said: "RESIST: 3 slashing,bludgeoning,piercing,!magic" and is active for 1 day. That helps the player in our case, he just had to remember it everyday :9

Hope i was useful
Andreas

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2016, 18:45
Hi

we just mad a power on the action tab that had an effect that said: "RESIST: 3 slashing,bludgeoning,piercing,!magic" and is active for 1 day. That helps the player in our case, he just had to remember it everyday :9

Hope i was useful
Andreas

Indeed, the ability to add a number to RESIST: was added to the ruleset in June 2015 which was a few months before this thread was active.

SilverBulletKY
April 13th, 2016, 18:55
Hi

Hope i was useful
Andreas

Could you put 999 or something in the front of it so that it would just continue for multiple days?

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2016, 19:43
Actually I didn't notice that bit. There's no need to put anything in the Duration at all; just leave it blank and ensure that the Expend? is set to 'Never'.

The effect will still clear if the DM selects 'Clear all Effects' but he should only be using the 'Clear Expiring Effects' button when players have these kind of permanent effects on them, such as Dwarven poison resistance etc.

You could put in a huge value of days but that will still be cleared by the Clear all Effects button.

Fingersome
March 9th, 2022, 20:03
It would be incredibly useful to be able to add a dice expression into the RESIST effect, to account for abilities like goliath's Stone's Endurance, the Monk's Deflect Missiles, or the Fighter's Interception fighting style...

LordEntrails
March 9th, 2022, 20:29
It would be incredibly useful to be able to add a dice expression into the RESIST effect, to account for abilities like goliath's Stone's Endurance, the Monk's Deflect Missiles, or the Fighter's Interception fighting style...
Feature enhancements should be voted on or added if needed to the Wish List. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

MrDDT
March 12th, 2022, 16:06

Just wanted to let you know that Better Combat Effects and Better Combat Effects Gold do this. It's an extension you can get off the forge. So until Smite Works fixes the coding for Heavy Armor Mastery, you have to use an extension to get it to work right.

I've reported this before as an issue HAM is not resist and shouldn't be listed as such as it conflicts with other resists.