PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting CT component size

S Ferguson
February 23rd, 2015, 21:00
Is there any way to change the size of the weapons tab in the CT (the one you get when you click on the gun)? I need about 10 more pixels worth.

cheers,
SF

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2015, 21:04
Is there any way to change the size of the weapons tab in the CT (the one you get when you click on the gun)? I need about 10 more pixels worth.
Which ruleset? This isn't in base CoreRPG.

S Ferguson
February 23rd, 2015, 21:21
Any ruleset built off of Core. I'm thinking of building an extension adding basic weapons to the Core ruleset, and this question seems to come up when adjusting the CT.

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2015, 21:28
Any ruleset built off of Core. I'm thinking of building an extension adding basic weapons to the Core ruleset, and this question seems to come up when adjusting the CT.
But there isn't a button for weapons/attacks in core - so it is possible that rulesets based on core might do it differently. So, you're best looking at a ruleset that has that functionality and seeing if that fits your need. Look at the 3.5e ruleset, ct\ct_host.xml for an example - the ct_attack windowclass holds the NPC attack text string which are entries in the <windowlist name="attacks"> control.

S Ferguson
February 23rd, 2015, 21:47
O.K. I took a look at it and can't see an obvious solution to resizing the ct_attacks windowclass. Hypothetically, if you were to add more attacks, or attack information, how would you increase the size of the window to accommodate this? The multiline spacing only moves you so far before collapsing in on itself (by this, I mean the lines fold in under themselves. This is what I'm after, I just have to know how to adjust it.

Thanks for the quick reply,
SF

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2015, 22:00
Hypothetically, if you were to add more attacks, or attack information, how would you increase the size of the window to accommodate this? The multiline spacing only moves you so far before collapsing in on itself (by this, I mean the lines fold in under themselves.
Not sure what you're actually referring to here - in the 3.5e ruleset you can keep adding more and more and more to the multiline string_textlistitem control and I can't see it collapsing in on itself:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/3.5e%20Attack%20Multiline.PNG

S Ferguson
February 23rd, 2015, 22:19
Yes, I noticed that after going through the code again, and trying out different permutations of it. Consider this problem shelved. Off to extension-land.

Thanks,
SF

EDIT: The "collapsing" was due to me improperly setting the right value in the multispacing parameter.