PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the Character Sheet Size?

Blahness98
February 22nd, 2015, 14:01
Is there currently a way to adjust the size of the character sheet? For the sheet I am playing with, I need a more space and a way to keep the columns of skills even. The ability to adjust the size would be extremely helpful in that regard. Am I out of luck or is this something that can be adjusted via extension?

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2015, 16:22
This needs to be done via extension. In CoreRPG, the size is controlled by the "charsheet" windowclass in campaign\record_char.xml. You'll notice the following parameters which set static width and height:

<placement>
<size width="525" height="568" />
</placement>

You can add dynamic sizelimits, for example the following sets the minimum width and height but doesn't have a maximum height - so the width is set at 509 but the height is dynamic from 557 upwards:

<sizelimits>
<dynamic />
<minimum>
<width>509</width>
<height>557</height>
</minimum>
<maximum>
<width>509</width>
</maximum>
</sizelimits>

NOTE: Just changing these parameters will allow you to resize the container window, but the frames and controls within the charsheet might not dynamically move with the resizing. The controls have to be specifically designed to take their positioning and size from a dynamic standpoint. The CoreRPG character sheet seems to cope with resizing OK (basically the bottom control/s and the right most controls resize) but some more complex character sheets might not. The way to cover dynamic resizing is to use bounds that are relevant to the edges of the window (e.g. 5, 5, -5, -5 will start 5 in and 5 down from the top left and end 5 in and 5 up from the bottom right) and also use anchor controls and relative anchoring. See the "Anchoring" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/windowing.xcp and this post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23088-Character-sheet-how-to-make-a-simple-one-extended-from-CoreRPG&p=199526&viewfull=1#post199526